Any other Stephen King fans out there?

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I believe I have read all of his books, but I am not into the "Tower" series.

"The Stand" is my favorite.

Now, I know book titles are supposed to be under-lined, but I have not mastered that technique yet on my computer. :confused:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I am a HUGE Stephen King fan!!!! Got hooked on him when I read "The Talisman" in high school. I really liked "Insomnia" and "Desperation" and "Bag of Bones". Funny, I didn't really get into the "Tower" series either. Everything else he writes is fantastic. Was the title of the other one he co-wrote with Peter Straub, (like the Talisman) called "Bleak House" or was it "Black House"? My copy got lost in a move and I never replaced it. Do you remember which it was?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

P.S. If you highlight what you want to underline by clicking and dragging over the words, then click on the underlined "U" at the top left corner of the reply box, it will underline for you!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Peg

Post by Peg »

tmbsgrl wrote: I like Stephan King.. But i have not read a lot of new ones. My favorite by him was Pet cemetery.. Always has been.

Did you see the movie "Pet Cemetary"? Very disappointing compared to the book. "It" was also another favorite of mine.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Peg wrote: "It" was also another favorite of mine.And how do you compare that movie to the book? I really enjoyed the book, and felt they could have done a WAY better job on the movie. [mini-series].
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Peg

Post by Peg »

While I thought both were excellent, the book was better than the movie.
along-for-the-ride

BabyRider wrote: I am a HUGE Stephen King fan!!!! Got hooked on him when I read "The Talisman" in high school. I really liked "Insomnia" and "Desperation" and "Bag of Bones". Funny, I didn't really get into the "Tower" series either. Everything else he writes is fantastic. Was the title of the other one he co-wrote with Peter Straub, (like the Talisman) called "Bleak House" or was it "Black House"? My copy got lost in a move and I never replaced it. Do you remember which it was?

I think it was The Bachman Books, but I'm not sure. I have to investigate further. :thinking:
along-for-the-ride

BabyRider wrote: P.S. If you highlight what you want to underline by clicking and dragging over the words, then click on the underlined "U" at the top left corner of the reply box, it will underline for you!

Thanks for the tip! :)
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

along-for-the-ride wrote: I think it was The Bachman Books, but I'm not sure. I have to investigate further. :thinking:
Ummm...I don't think so. Bachman is his pseudonym, and I haven't seen anything by him lately. The book I was thinking of is fairly recent. A couple years ago, maybe. Of course, I could be entirely wrong about the whole thing. But it was definitely written as Stephen King, not Richard Bachman. Darnit, now I gotta go look it up. :yh_bigsmi

Race ya!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

abbey

Post by abbey »

BB, It was Black house wrote by Stephen King & co-written with Peter Straub

I never got past the 1st chapter.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

abbey wrote: BB, It was Black house wrote by Stephen King & co-written with Peter Straub

I never got past the 1st chapter.Thanks, Abbey. Didn't like it, huh? I devoured it in 2 1/2 days!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

along-for-the-ride

abbey wrote: BB, It was Black house wrote by Stephen King & co-written with Peter Straub

I never got past the 1st chapter.

Thanks for the help! :)

I have read so many of his books........................ :confused:
rachelg

Post by rachelg »

I too am a big Stephen King fan. I actually love the Dark Tower series, but it was so long between books, I had to go and reread some of the prior ones. I think the film of The Green Mile did justice to the book. I really thought it was great. My favorite book, and I think it can hold it's own against any of the classics I've read as a literature minor, is The Stand. :)
along-for-the-ride

I've just finished reading Stephen King's latest novel, 11-22-63. I would recommend it highly. Makes you think, "What if?"

If there was a place in time you would like to go back to...what would it be? Remember, you can't change anything though.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

The last King book I read was "Under the Dome" and man, was it baaaad. I'm not quite as enthusiastic a fan as I used to be but I'll give the new one a peek since you liked it. However, his writing has held up a lot better than Koontz's, all he seems to write about now are angels and super intelligent dogs. Everything seems candy coated.

I'd like to go back to 1950s San Diego and buy some real estate then stick around to watch all the weird **** during the 60s... and then invest in Microsoft, Apple, Google and Amazon when they finally show up. I'd like to warn John Lennon to watch his back as well... maybe throw Yoko in front of him on the fateful day.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I have probably replied to this post before, but WTH..I will reply again. While I am not as into his books as I used to be, I still enjoy some of his stuff. Except for the Dark Tower series. I had bought two or three of them, could not get into the series, and gave them all to a friend. A recent (within past couple of years) one I liked was Duma Key. Pretty good.

Who is watching Haven, which is based on the Colorado Kid. There are supposedly SK references through the series. I do remember a Pennywise type clown, and a brief storyline of a little boy getting lost after following a paper boat down into a sewer. I have not actively looked for other references...but I know in the opening credits there is a flash of an article or something that mentions Reverend Flagg
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Went looking back at other posts after posting my latest. Forgot about Under the Dome and 11/22/63. I actually quite liked both, especially the Kennedy one. That seems to go back to "if you could go back and change history, would you".
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I am a fan of SK, & I watched Haven. I liked it, but had to give it up as something I liked more was on at the same time. I started to tape the show, but I find I rarely have the time to watch what's taped. It's coming back on, so, if nothing major to me is at the same time I will watch again. I liked the cast very much, the New England setting, the stories.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

That's a fun show. I didn't have much hope for the SyFy channel but they've got several shows that I really like. Alphas is good too.

Return to “The Library”