Candidate for the Darwin Awards, maybe?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
valerie

Post by valerie »

It seems like she's serious:

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

THat. Was. Hilarious.:wah:
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

That is very scary. Do you think the Illuminati are behind putting those deer crossings in high traffic areas? :thinking:
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

OMG!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oh my word!!! :yh_rotfl

poor woman, do you think anyone can explain it to her
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I'm still a little pissed about this sign they put in my sons yard.

I don't think my grandkids are slow.They seem perfectly normal to me..
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

You can hear the guy snickering as she goes on.

Could she actually be serious?

I remember my dad suggesting moving the deer crossings once, Way back when we lived in Virginia.

I knew he was joking by his grin when I started to argue with him.

He ALWAYS did that to me.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Sure seems like she's trying her damnedest! Is that a word? Lol
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

The radio folks didn't seem surprised enough to me. No change in tone at all really, that I noticed. There was no," what?" or anything like it. I'd expect that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Ahso!;1407744 wrote: The radio folks didn't seem surprised enough to me. No change in tone at all really, that I noticed. There was no," what?" or anything like it. I'd expect that.

What about the long pregnant pause when the lady clarifies, that moment when politeness takes over, afraid to laugh in case it embarrasses the lady and alienates your audience.

If it is a hoax it is well done.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1407744 wrote: The radio folks didn't seem surprised enough to me. No change in tone at all really, that I noticed. There was no," what?" or anything like it. I'd expect that.

Radio talk show hosts here a lot of stuff, and work very hard at not reacting over the air in an unprofessional manner.

If you listen closely, though, you can hear the occasional stifled snicker.
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I'd say that for a little while they may have thought they had a joker on the line, then it dawns on them that actually this women is being serious. They can't mock someone who has got the completely wrong end of the the stick live on air.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1407746 wrote: Radio talk show hosts here a lot of stuff, and work very hard at not reacting over the air in an unprofessional manner.

If you listen closely, though, you can hear the occasional stifled snicker.I think it's all part of the shtick. I could be wrong, of course. Just my take. Remember War Of The Worlds?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

LarsMac;1407746 wrote: Radio talk show hosts here a lot of stuff, and work very hard at not reacting over the air in an unprofessional manner.

If you listen closely, though, you can hear the occasional stifled snicker.

Ahso!;1407748 wrote: I think it's all part of the shtick. I could be wrong, of course. Just my take. Remember War Of The Worlds?

Certainly not out of the question. I do find it hard to believe someone could be that that unaware.
- DH Lawrence
koan

Post by koan »

The title poses a question. I think it's quite likely that the woman caller will end up being a "Darwin Award" fatal accident if she doesn't get her associative connections sorted out. She might start with the idea that deer can't read. Three accidents already with no lesson learned indicates a good chance that if the deer don't get her, something else will.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, whether it was a skit planned and executed deliberately by the radio station personalities (and right well done if so) or the woman was truly serious and completely oblivious, it was a damned funny piece. I laughed until I choked, and then showed it to my wife. She is a bit more low-key than I. She simply stared in disbelief at the idea that someone could be so out of touch, and then asked if it was a put on.

Thanks to Valerie for posting it.

I plan to "borrow" it for the class in technical troubleshooting I will be presenting to co-workers after the holidays. It is an excellent example of the thought process of problem solving and how not having all the information before producing a solution can steer you wrong.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1407835 wrote: Well, whether it was a skit planned and executed deliberately by the radio station personalities (and right well done if so) or the woman was truly serious and completely oblivious, it was a damned funny piece. I laughed until I choked, and then showed it to my wife. She is a bit more low-key than I. She simply stared in disbelief at the idea that someone could be so out of touch, and then asked if it was a put on.

Thanks to Valerie for posting it.

I plan to "borrow" it for the class in technical troubleshooting I will be presenting to co-workers after the holidays. It is an excellent example of the thought process of problem solving and how not having all the information before producing a solution can steer you wrong.Yes Valerie, thank you, it was enjoyable.

The more you think about how well the caller portrayed herself the funnier it becomes. I obviously still think is was a shtick, at least on the caller's part. She was good.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I have split the side discussion into its own thread :-

Is heavy questioning appropriate in light threads?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think she is a republican. I'd bet on it. Not much though. Not 10,000.00 dollars.

Return to “People”