Subscriptions

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
spot

Subscriptions

Post by spot »

ForumGarden apologizes for the current unavailability of the Subscription system and hopes to have it up and functioning again in the near future. A previously unnoticed glitch of a technical nature (switching to a personal Paypal account instead of a business Paypal account) has caused Paypal to reject our payment authorization.

Meanwhile if any FG member would like a free month's subscription posting through the Admin controls, I can do that as a stop-gap - please PM me or reply here on this thread and I'll make it so.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

I just ordered a year for snowfire, if someone wants to intervene in case Bryn is busy.
Betty Boop

Subscriptions

Post by Betty Boop »

SnoozeAgain;1406037 wrote: I just ordered a year for snowfire, if someone wants to intervene in case Bryn is busy.

I think Bryn is away, not sure it's something I have the power to intervene on :(

Maybe FG in his admin role will stop by shortly and sort it out.
FG-administator

Subscriptions

Post by FG-administator »

Fiat. So mote it be.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

Thank you.
Snowfire

Subscriptions

Post by Snowfire »

It's an awfully nice thing for Snooze to do. She's very considerate like that. A mad arse face but a very generous heart
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1395616 wrote: ForumGarden apologizes for the current unavailability of the Subscription system and hopes to have it up and functioning again in the near future. A previously unnoticed glitch of a technical nature (switching to a personal Paypal account instead of a business Paypal account) has caused Paypal to reject our payment authorization.

Meanwhile if any FG member would like a free month's subscription posting through the Admin controls, I can do that as a stop-gap - please PM me or reply here on this thread and I'll make it so.

Ahhhh that explains why I could not renew my subscription.

Yes, Spot If you could arrange for me to have a months free, that would be nice considering I was a Green member prior.

Thank You
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FG-administator

Subscriptions

I suggest you bring that up with Bryn.

☎|||||||||||

Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

FG;1406052 wrote: I suggest you bring that up with Bryn.

Sorry but have I missed something here? Why Bryn ? Was your opening post not:

"Meanwhile if any FG member would like a free month's subscription posting through the Admin controls, I can do that as a stop-gap - please PM me or reply here on this thread and I'll make it so."
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

Here's a perfect example of our admin showing how he can't be fair and impartial. If I were to report this thread for investigation, I'm sure Oscar's past bad behavior would be called into question instead of actually addressing the issue of spot being unable to act like an adult and just take care of the job.
FG-administator

Subscriptions

On the contrary, it's a decision that needs the owner's input hence "I suggest you bring that up with Bryn". And no, I'm not going to discuss why.

☎|||||||||||

Bryn Mawr

Subscriptions

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Oscar and Snooze,

The reason the FG referred it back to me is that, in the mean time the problem with he subscriptions system has been fixed and the need for issuing free months has disappeared.

That the pair of you immediately jump on Spot / FG for acting exactly as he should have done in the circumstances is symptomatic of the problems we have been seeing for some time.

Oscar,

I suggest you try using the subscription system and report any problems that you might experience using the normal channels. Where problems have occurred I have extended subscriptions by one or two months - that is my prerogative, not FG's.
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

I apologize if that's the way it appeared, however that isn't the way I intended. I was under the impression that when Oscar tried to renew her subscription is when the system was down and she was asking for it retroactively.

What exactly prevented spot from answering a simple question? Your reply wasn't exactly revealing state secrets.
Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

I tried a couple of weeks ago... I'll try again when I get time.
Bryn Mawr

Subscriptions

Post by Bryn Mawr »

SnoozeAgain;1406164 wrote: I apologize if that's the way it appeared, however that isn't the way I intended. I was under the impression that when Oscar tried to renew her subscription is when the system was down and she was asking for it retroactively.

What exactly prevented spot from answering a simple question? Your reply wasn't exactly revealing state secrets.

Given :-

Here's a perfect example of our admin showing how he can't be fair and impartial. If I were to report this thread for investigation, I'm sure Oscar's past bad behavior would be called into question instead of actually addressing the issue of spot being unable to act like an adult and just take care of the job.

and the questioning of every action he's taken in my absence why should he?

It was my decision to take and he, politely, suggested that it be left until I returned. For that to be questioned and then attacked is way out of order.

That I have had to cancel a trip out with my wife whilst I trawl through hundreds of posts to find out what is going on here does not please me. What I have found pleases me even less. Stop this continuing harassment.
FG-administator

Subscriptions

I suggest you log off and concentrate on the.. I was going to say peaceful and friendly ways of the island but you just had a one-day General Strike if the newspapers got that right. And intermittent rain. Why on earth did you choose Cyprus??

☎|||||||||||

Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

Could someone please explain why having just taken out three months membership and having ' Payment successful' appear, I am still locked out?
FG-administator

Subscriptions

Bryn is currently unavailable, having left the country. He will be in a position to attend to this next week on his return.

☎|||||||||||

Betty Boop

Subscriptions

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1406264 wrote: Could someone please explain why having just taken out three months membership and having ' Payment successful' appear, I am still locked out?

It's Bryn's paypal account, no one else can take a look to see what is going on, only him and he's still away on holiday.
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

Was my payment for mad arse face Snowfire visible? I can pay for Oscar too and then she can owe me. Owe me BIG.
FG-administator

Subscriptions

SnoozeAgain;1406325 wrote: Was my payment for mad arse face Snowfire visible? I can pay for Oscar to and then she can owe me. Owe me BIG.

Frankly, I'll be annoyed if anyone tinkers with the subscription system until Bryn's back and it's been overhauled and retested. Please leave it alone for the week, everyone. It seems to be broken. I am not going to mess with controls that Bryn was in the process of configuring. When last I looked there were forty retry rejection notices and more coming out every hour.

☎|||||||||||

Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

That didn't exactly answer my question.

This would be the perfect time to fulfill the offer in the OP, don't you think?
FG-administator

Subscriptions

SnoozeAgain;1406329 wrote: That didn't exactly answer my question.

This would be the perfect time to fulfill the offer in the OP, don't you think?
Frankly, I'll be annoyed if anyone tinkers with the subscription system until Bryn's back and it's been overhauled and retested. Please leave it alone for the week, everyone. It seems to be broken. I am not going to mess with controls that Bryn was in the process of configuring.

☎|||||||||||

koan

Subscriptions

Post by koan »

Bryn Mawr;1406158 wrote: Oscar and Snooze,

The reason the FG referred it back to me is that, in the mean time the problem with he subscriptions system has been fixed and the need for issuing free months has disappeared.

That the pair of you immediately jump on Spot / FG for acting exactly as he should have done in the circumstances is symptomatic of the problems we have been seeing for some time.

Oscar,

I suggest you try using the subscription system and report any problems that you might experience using the normal channels. Where problems have occurred I have extended subscriptions by one or two months - that is my prerogative, not FG's.
I believe the protocol was outline right here.

Bryn is currently away again for another week.
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

I just find it a little confusing that a new premium account was approved only two days ago... also while Bryn was on vacation.
flopstock

Subscriptions

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1406341 wrote: I just find it a little confusing that a new premium account was approved only two days ago... also while Bryn was on vacation.

You'll need to take this up with BM also when he is back.

The good news is that Oscar can still post in the interim.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

FG-administator

Subscriptions

SnoozeAgain;1406341 wrote: I just find it a little confusing that a new premium account was approved only two days ago... also while Bryn was on vacation.

That was before the transaction report started collapsing.

☎|||||||||||

Bryn Mawr

Subscriptions

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FG;1406253 wrote: I suggest you log off and concentrate on the.. I was going to say peaceful and friendly ways of the island but you just had a one-day General Strike if the newspapers got that right. And intermittent rain. Why on earth did you choose Cyprus??

Crete rather than Cyprus and the general strike was a hundred people plus pushchairs and dogs whilst the shops stayed open because they cannot afford to loose the trade.
Bryn Mawr

Subscriptions

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1406264 wrote: Could someone please explain why having just taken out three months membership and having ' Payment successful' appear, I am still locked out?

I can see two immediate possibilities, firstly it takes up to two days for the automatics to action the update (depending on the time taken for PayPal to confirm payment to be successful) and secondly, you appear to have take out a subscription for Peter.

I will sort it when I have a link that gives usable access.
YZGI

Subscriptions

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1406352 wrote: Crete rather than Cyprus and the general strike was a hundred people plus pushchairs and dogs whilst the shops stayed open because they cannot afford to loose the trade.

Enjoy your break from the front lines EL CAPITAN..
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

FG;1406348 wrote: That was before the transaction report started collapsing.

Thank you! That's all I was asking. I was curious how many times you were going to repeat yourself though.
FG-administator

Subscriptions

SnoozeAgain;1406360 wrote: Thank you! That's all I was asking. I was curious how many times you were going to repeat yourself though.
That was the first time the question was put to me.

☎|||||||||||

Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

That wasn't actually a question.
FG-administator

Subscriptions

SnoozeAgain;1406365 wrote: That wasn't actually a question.

Your "That's all I was asking" suggested otherwise. You were confused, I elucidated.

☎|||||||||||

Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

Sorry FG but there Is something I am not getting here....

You posted this In the OP

ForumGarden apologizes for the current unavailability of the Subscription system and hopes to have it up and functioning again in the near future. A previously unnoticed glitch of a technical nature (switching to a personal Paypal account instead of a business Paypal account) has caused Paypal to reject our payment authorization.

That was when you had the glitch where I found I could not renew my membership a few weeks ago.

You then posted that the glitch had been sorted so In good faith, I paid for 3 months membership. FG told me 'Payment Successful'.

We received an e mail from paypal to confirm that [text removed by Moderator] had received the payment.

You then told me by PM that the glitch had returned. and sent me the failure notice you had recieved adding that I must wait until Bryn returns. I'm fine with that...

My question Is still: If within your role as administrator you were In a position to offer a months free membership as per your OP to anyone experiencing a problem when you had the glitch.... then why will you not do that now the glitch has appeared again?

What Is the difference between offering to set up a free months membership In you OP because of a glitch and now through my going through the correct channels, the glitch remains?

What Is the difference?

All I know Is that my paypal account Is minus the money I paid this afternoon, you have said there Is still a problem, yet you now say you can't give me the free months membership you offered In this OP.
FG-administator

Subscriptions

Because it's not the same glitch. Because Bryn's taken responsibility for the configuration changes, not me. Because it may have been my dealing with Snooze's request that triggered the current collapse of that part of the system. Because I very specifically warned you that if anything untoward happened you'd have to wait for Bryn to sort it out, and you went ahead anyway. All of which I've told you in replies to your incessant PMs.

If you ever decide to leave the site, oscar, I promise not to try dissuading you.

☎|||||||||||

Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

So it's Snowfire's fault.
Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

FG;1406370 wrote: Because it's not the same glitch. Because Bryn's taken responsibility for the configuration changes, not me. Because it may have been my dealing with Snooze's request that triggered the current collapse of that part of the system. Because I very specifically warned you that if anything untoward happened you'd have to wait for Bryn to sort it out, and you went ahead anyway. All of which I've told you in replies to your incessant PMs.

If you ever decide to leave the site, oscar, I promise not to try dissuading you. I went by this post from Bryn:

Oscar,

I waited two days and then I did exactly as I was advised... I used the subscription system.... Paypal sent an e mail with complete transaction. FG stated 'Payment Suxccessful' however my membership didn't change. What do you suggest I did? Ignore It ? Of course I contacted you... who wouldn't In the circumstances.? You asked for proof I had made the payment and I did as you asked... I sent you the Paypal payment confirmation details.

As for the pm's.... nowhere did you state In your pm's to me that It was a different glitch.... had you of done, It could have saved much bother. I wrote back to you to ask If you could send me the failure notice because I had sent you proof of payment and I needed to contact paypal If you didn't have the money and nor did we.

Bryn... I have not taken out a membership for Peter Lake.... The last time I took out membership, I used Peter's paypal account, exactly as I did today. It went through previous without a hitch. The paypal account Is In Peter's sole name simply because It's him who buys and sells on E bay....I was In my Oscar account when I took out the membership... I simply used the account for payment.

It's not a big deal now........ now I have been told It's a different glitch, then I am more than happy to wait until you return. However, my messages to the admin today were as I wrote to him ' If you had money go out of your account and your bank sent you confirmation that the recipient had recieved It, you would also be asking where your money was'...

I'm sorry admin seemed to think I just wanted to stir the pot.
FG-administator

Subscriptions

Are you ****.

Please wait for Bryn's return next week before bringing any of this farrago up again.

☎|||||||||||

Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

FG;1406374 wrote: Are you ****.

Please wait for Bryn's return next week before bringing any of this farrago up again. So you offer a service.... I am advised by Bryn to use the usual subscription proceedure In this thread because the glitch had been resolved. I do so and my money vanishes. Paypal tells us FG has the money. Then you accuse me of pot stirring for daring to ask for help ready for when we ring Paypal to see exactly where the money Is....????

I have no problem waiting for Bryn to resolve the Issue... I already said that. I do not understand such hostility In this matter... When I first messaged you today, all you had to do was send me the failure notice as I sent you the proof of payment you asked for. Twice you would not even answer my request. All you have said all day Is wait for Bryn. You have not at any time said It was a differenet glitch which I would have understood perfectly, had you of done. I have been polite In my messages to you and Thanked you when you did send me the failure notice.

What you actually said to me In one of your messages when we were trying to get to the bottom of where the money was... 'Stop bothering me'.... Please accept my apologies... I was under the Impression that you were the admin and could help.
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

I know I'd be pretty pissed off if I paid for a service, didn't get it, kept getting the run around and was treated with contempt. Poor business practice.
Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

SnoozeAgain;1406376 wrote: I know I'd be pretty pissed off if I paid for a service, didn't get it, kept getting the run around and was treated with contempt. Poor business practice.

All I was trying to do by messaging Admin was find out why the membership had not been updated when Paypal sent me an e mail of confirmation that payment was successful..... what would anyone think In the same circumstances?

It's like If I paid my water rates by paypal ( which I can ) and I got an e mail to say the Water board had recieved the money and I found the money had Indeed been deducted from my account as It has been here but the Water Board didn't update my account.... I'd be phoning them to ask where my money was?

I have used Peter's paypal account for payment which was with his password for Paypal on the Oscar membership twice before and It's gone straight through. It has not made Peter a Green member. It made Oscar a green member so It's not that.

Admin Insisted I sent proof of payment to him which I did.... I got no explanation that It was a different gliche to the one prior nor any explanation that the offer In the OP was no longer available.

Yes, I messaged admin a few times today because admin did not reply to two of my messages. We needed more Information ready for when we ring Paypal In the morning.... that's all I was trying to get here.

All Admin had to do this afternoon was write ' The glitche you have found Is a different glitche to the previous one and the offer In the OP no longer stands but I will send you proof of failure so you can see we don't have your money'.... end of.

End of...
Snooz

Subscriptions

Post by Snooz »

It was apparently more fun watching you dance.
Oscar Namechange

Subscriptions

SnoozeAgain;1406385 wrote: It was apparently more fun watching you dance.

Me dance ? How come?
koan

Subscriptions

Post by koan »

Stunning.

My head is ringing as if I just listened to a bunch of geese quacking through a megaphone directly into my ear. Perhaps the best remedy here would be a course in reading comprehension for two of our favourite members.
fuzzywuzzy

Subscriptions

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

FFSAKES...........now I have a headache.
Bryn Mawr

Subscriptions

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1406378 wrote: All I was trying to do by messaging Admin was find out why the membership had not been updated when Paypal sent me an e mail of confirmation that payment was successful..... what would anyone think In the same circumstances?

It's like If I paid my water rates by paypal ( which I can ) and I got an e mail to say the Water board had recieved the money and I found the money had Indeed been deducted from my account as It has been here but the Water Board didn't update my account.... I'd be phoning them to ask where my money was?

I have used Peter's paypal account for payment which was with his password for Paypal on the Oscar membership twice before and It's gone straight through. It has not made Peter a Green member. It made Oscar a green member so It's not that.

Admin Insisted I sent proof of payment to him which I did.... I got no explanation that It was a different gliche to the one prior nor any explanation that the offer In the OP was no longer available.

Yes, I messaged admin a few times today because admin did not reply to two of my messages. We needed more Information ready for when we ring Paypal In the morning.... that's all I was trying to get here.

All Admin had to do this afternoon was write ' The glitche you have found Is a different glitche to the previous one and the offer In the OP no longer stands but I will send you proof of failure so you can see we don't have your money'.... end of.

End of...

You have been told, repeatedly, that John / Spot / FG does not have access to the accounts and that resolution of the problem will have to wait until I am back because my access here is limited.

You also say that you are happy to wait until then - SO STOP THIS HARASSMENT OF ADMIN!

I have asked you and Snooze to stop, now I am telling you - any more and I will ban you.

Posting PRIVATE messages on the open board is not acceptable. Posting my name on the open board (and, even worse, getting it wrong) is even less acceptable - you are out of order!

I came on holiday to spend some quality time with my wife rather than the sixteen hours a day I've been working recently.

My access here is piggybacking on the wi-fi in the next apartment. The link is poor at the best of times and the guy is a cricket fanatic who spend all day watching the Twenty/20 international tournament and the rest of the time watching his beloved Southampton loosing at the football which leaves me, usually, logging in after midnight and trying very hard not to wake my wife when I crawl into bed - I will not spend the time needed to resolve the problem until I am on a decent link.

This endless round of beating FG over the head with a problem he is not in a position to fix is totally unacceptable. If waiting until next week is not good enough for you then I'll refund your money and you can go - this will NOT continue.
fuzzywuzzy

Subscriptions

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Sitting in the peanut gallery, watching.

logging in after midnight and trying very hard not to wake my wife when I crawl into bed -

You're doing it wrong lol lol lol you're supposed to wake her up first .
Bryn Mawr

Subscriptions

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1406470 wrote: Sitting in the peanut gallery, watching.

You're doing it wrong lol lol lol you're supposed to wake her up first .

Suicide was never on my agenda :-)

Return to “News and Announcements”