Political Correctness

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bothwell

Political Correctness

Post by Bothwell »

I know we have had these before but I had to post this one. A benefits office (social security) in the midlands here in the UK has had to remove a charity collection box off its counter because it has a picture of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet on it.

The presence of Piglet is considered and insult to Muslims who may use the office, none of whom have complained by the way. My thoughts :

1) Bloody nonsense

2) No one has been so offended they cannot collect their cash

3) More Bloody nonsense

4) put the box back and play Babe on a continous loop

I'm off for a lie down
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
abbey

Political Correctness

Post by abbey »

I know that muslims dont eat pork, but why on earth would they find a pic of piglet insulting????

I dont eat horse but i love pics of champion the wonderhorse :D
LottomagicZ4941

Political Correctness

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

Had a co-worker who use to say that some people just like to be offended.

Perhaps some would think this joke is offensive. I found it kind of funny:)

found on

http://com4.runboard.com/bmotoplexracin ... |offset=10

Little Leroy came into the kitchen where his mother was making dinner. His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time to tell his mother what he wanted.

"Mom, I want a bike for my birthday."

Little Leroy was a bit of a troublemaker. He had gotten into trouble at school and at home. Leroy's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get a bike for his birthday.

Little Leroy, of course, thought he did. Leroy's mother, being a Christian woman, wanted him to reflect on his behaviour over the last year and write a letter to God and tell him why he deserved a bike for his birthday.

Little Leroy stomped up the steps to his room and sat down to write God a letter.

LETTER 1:

Dear God,

I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.

Your friend,

Leroy

Leroy knew this wasn't true. He had not been a very good boy this year, so he tore up the letter and started over.

LETTER 2:

Dear God,

This is your friend Leroy. I have been a pretty good boy this year, and I would like a red bike for my birthday.

Thank you,

Leroy

Leroy knew this wasn't true either. He tore up the letter and started again.

LETTER 3:

Dear God,

I have been an OK boy this year and I would really like a red bike for my birthday.

Leroy

Leroy knew he could not send this letter to God either.

Leroy was very upset. He went downstairs and told his mother he wanted to go to church. Leroy's mother thought her plan had worked because Leroy looked very sad. "Just be home in time for dinner," his mother said. Leroy walked down the street to the church and up to the altar. He looked around to see if anyone was there. He picked up a statue of the Virgin Mary. He slipped it under his shirt and ran out of the church, down the street, into his house, and up to his room.

He shut the door to his room and sat down with a piece of paper and a pen.

Leroy began to write his letter to God.

LETTER 4:

I'VE GOT YOUR MAMA. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE.

Signed

YOU KNOW WHO

Lotto

http://com4.runboard.com/bmotoplexracin ... |offset=10

MagicZ4941A
LilacDragon

Political Correctness

Post by LilacDragon »

Bothwell, I am with you! I am so sick to death of having to watch every word I say less I offend someone!

You live in England! Winnie the Pooh and Piglet are part of YOUR culture! It seems a tad odd to me that in Demorcratic countries, we have to watch what part of our cultures we display so as not to offend immigrants! Somehow something in the equation seems a tad off.

Here is another one I don't get: why is it ok for an African American (to be politically correct in my neck of the woods) to use the N word but the minute a white person utters the N word they are a biggot? And why is it that you must use the phrase African American to keep from offending a person of color, but when you talk about white people you can just say white man or white woman without offending anyone?
Sandi

chonsigirl

Political Correctness

Post by chonsigirl »

Bunch of Eyores..............................
Accountable

Political Correctness

Post by Accountable »

Betcha a farthing it's antsy gentiles (or muslim equivalent) that are raising the issue.
chonsigirl

Political Correctness

Post by chonsigirl »

Are they offended by piggy banks too?
gmc

Political Correctness

Post by gmc »

My wife -teacher, when we lived in London they had to call the blackboard a chalkboord instead. Everybody except the twit of a civil servant that dreamt it up thought it rudiculous and ignored the instructions.

Keep this up and there will be no black puddings in the north of england, football fans will not be able to shout friendly abuse at players they regard as useless for fear of offending those who have no girlfriends (think about it), actually do americans shout abuse at football games or are they always polite?

Some Political correctness is just plain daft which detracts from why it was perhaps needed in the first place.

If I as a scot tell a joke about an arab, a jamaican and an englishman on a plane am I being racist? If a add in an american would I be being anti american as well?:yh_rotfl

Best selling tourist gimcrack in Edinburgh

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/dress-up/wigs/seeu.html

Now if russ abbott had used a gollywog hat instead woiuld it have been as funny?

one for baby rider:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/dress-up/ac ... biker.html
lady cop

Political Correctness

Post by lady cop »

GMC....would you go to Scotty's 'gone fishing' thread and tell me what your opinion is of the posed question? which has nothing to do with fishing. :) thanks!!......Gone Fishing ( 1 2 3 )
smithy87

Political Correctness

Post by smithy87 »

something I read in the paper last Saturday made me realise just how mad the world we're living in is.

Apparently, hospitals are trying to ban people from looking at babies in their incubators because its against the babies human rights to be stared at without their permission. So now in one hospital, at the window they have a dolly with a sign saying 'What makes you think I want to be looked at?'

I mean, is it me? Or has the world gone mad? You can't fart without offending anyone, you can't sing nursery rhymes, say black coffee or white christmas.

Well 'up yours' to political correctness :-5
Kathy

Political Correctness

Post by Kathy »

Can I say white coffee or black Christmas?

I agree this political correctness has gone too far. I'm just waiting for Crayola to have to rename the darned crayons! Is it a white crayon, or is it a 1a2b crayon? Oh, wait, we might offend a numerologist or someone with dyslexia!

GEEZE!
LottomagicZ4941

Political Correctness

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

smithy87 wrote: something I read in the paper last Saturday made me realise just how mad the world we're living in is.

Apparently, hospitals are trying to ban people from looking at babies in their incubators because its against the babies human rights to be stared at without their permission. So now in one hospital, at the window they have a dolly with a sign saying 'What makes you think I want to be looked at?'

I mean, is it me? Or has the world gone mad? You can't fart without offending anyone, you can't sing nursery rhymes, say black coffee or white christmas.

Well 'up yours' to political correctness :-5

Actually babies do need to be looked at. Didn't they do some research studies where babies just given what they needed didn't thrive?

What is worse then political correctness is the patriot act. Don't have your most valid drivers licence on your person and your practically treated like a criminal at some banks.

Had 4 forms of ID but had misplaced my current drivers licence. Did eventually find it that same day.

Messing with babies now they have gone to far!!!

Lotto

http://com4.runboard.com/blifetheuniver ... inchat.t41

MagicZ4941A
minks

Political Correctness

Post by minks »

abbey wrote: I know that muslims dont eat pork, but why on earth would they find a pic of piglet insulting????

I dont eat horse but i love pics of champion the wonderhorse :D

that is just the point, I bet if we asked the muslim people this they would think we are on crack. piglet is a cartoon character, not at all to be confused with a freakin ham dinner. Muslims do not eat pork but to see a pig is not offensive, I think it is almost insulting to think they would be so offended, if so that means we have to take pigs out of childrens books, national geographic magazines and the dictionary. Oh please spare us it has stretched to insane proportions. And actually in all truth they better start distinguishing between american cattle, and chickens and muslim cattle and chickens, as they also do not eat non-halal meat (sorry on spelling) but in layman terms if the meat is not blessed in muslim tradition they do not eat it, soooo again, should that cow pictured on the milk carton be banned..... I don't think so
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Accountable

Political Correctness

Post by Accountable »

OMG :eek: It just occurred to me that we have Hindu in our country. They don't eat beef right? Don't they revere the cow? Those chees commercials have to go! Not to mention the Chik fil-A billboards!

Kathy

Political Correctness

Post by Kathy »

I LOVE the Chik fil A billboards and advertising posters! They are soooo cute!!!
lady cop

Political Correctness

Post by lady cop »

well i worship the noble turkey, and DEMAND THANKSGIVING BE BANNED. .....

pina

Political Correctness

Post by pina »

Great to see the car back LC.

.....and that turkey is so ugly, makes me wonder how I can eat them. :wah:

robinseggs

Political Correctness

Post by robinseggs »

AAwwwwwwwwww poor little turkey...............he's somebody's little child! LOL Somewhere he has a mother that loves him!!!!! LOL LOL LOL......

OK for real LC....you love thanksgiving turkey don'tcha??????????????????????
Nature laughs Last
SOJOURNER

Political Correctness

Post by SOJOURNER »

Bothwell wrote: I know we have had these before but I had to post this one. A benefits office (social security) in the midlands here in the UK has had to remove a charity collection box off its counter because it has a picture of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet on it.

The presence of Piglet is considered and insult to Muslims who may use the office, none of whom have complained by the way. My thoughts :

1) Bloody nonsense

2) No one has been so offended they cannot collect their cash

3) More Bloody nonsense

4) put the box back and play Babe on a continous loop

I'm off for a lie down

My first thought on reading this was that it was removed because it is a copywrited character and you could not use it without permission. What do you think?
lady cop

Political Correctness

Post by lady cop »

robinseggs wrote: AAwwwwwwwwww poor little turkey...............he's somebody's little child! LOL Somewhere he has a mother that loves him!!!!! LOL LOL LOL......

OK for real LC....you love thanksgiving turkey don'tcha??????????????????????actually ....~stuff it~ ( 1 2 )
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Political Correctness

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Im sorry but i find halal meat offensive - if an animal has to be killed there has to be a more humain way than to hang the animal upside down with its throat cut for it to bleed to death. I am sick and tired of this country pandering to idiots if muslims dont like pictures of piglet (a cartoon character) then its time for them to find another place to live -and babies..for godsake are a thing to celebrate show me a set of parents who are not proud as punch to show of their beautiful newborn baby. this country is a joke!! :-5
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Jives

Political Correctness

Post by Jives »

It's the death of common sense as we knew it.

Other stupidity:

Science classes cannot teach anything about reptiles, because it is taboo in Native American culture.

I had to take off the doorstop on my door because the stop could keep a door from closing and cause a fire to spread.

Nevermind that my bulding is a portable and there is no other building attached to it.

Nevermind that no school in the HISTORY of our community (over 100 years) has ever caught fire.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Jives

Political Correctness

Post by Jives »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: I am sick and tired of this country pandering to idiots if muslims dont like pictures of piglet (a cartoon character) then its time for them to find another place to live

Lincoln said it - You can't please all the people all the time. So let's all get over it. What ever happened to government by the majority?
BabyRider

Political Correctness

Post by BabyRider »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Im sorry but i find halal meat offensive - if an animal has to be killed there has to be a more humain way than to hang the animal upside down with its throat cut for it to bleed to death.
Strictly as a "devil's advocate" question, and completely off topic: Ever been to a slaughter house and seen how those animals "live" and how they are killed?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Political Correctness

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Hey BR no ive never been to a slaughter house just the thought of what goes on sickens me .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Jives

Political Correctness

Post by Jives »

No.....but here's hoping that it never becomes "politically correct" to house them in hotel rooms with cable television and let them die of old age.

I'd hate to have to pay $50 for a tough, stringy hamburger.:o
BabyRider

Political Correctness

Post by BabyRider »

Jives wrote: No.....but here's hoping that it never becomes "politically correct" to house them in hotel rooms with cable television and let them die of old age.

I'd hate to have to pay $50 for a tough, stringy hamburger.:o
Thankfully our PC inclinations haven't extended to animals quite to the extent they have people. What a nightmare if they ever do, huh, Jives??!! It's bad enough now!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Xxena

Political Correctness

Post by Xxena »

LilacDragon wrote: Bothwell, I am with you! I am so sick to death of having to watch every word I say less I offend someone!

You live in England! Winnie the Pooh and Piglet are part of YOUR culture! It seems a tad odd to me that in Demorcratic countries, we have to watch what part of our cultures we display so as not to offend immigrants! Somehow something in the equation seems a tad off.

Here is another one I don't get: why is it ok for an African American (to be politically correct in my neck of the woods) to use the N word but the minute a white person utters the N word they are a biggot? And why is it that you must use the phrase African American to keep from offending a person of color, but when you talk about white people you can just say white man or white woman without offending anyone?

THANK YOU... BOTH OF YOU... someone finally has the guts to say such things.. I was getting a tad tired of being the lone ranger on that topic on other boards and getting blasted for being honest about it.

Piglet is offensive but Lobbing off Western People's heads on Muslim TV is NOT.. we have some real screwed up people here ... as I said on another topic on Racism, this whole political correctness thing will be the demise of the USA and the Western World if we don't nip it in the bud NOW before its too late... the backlash effect is NOT going to be nice on anyone incluidng the numbnuts that started this whole silly thing.

As for this pandering to the immigrants... that is crap.. bunch of whinners... my parents were immigrants as was my husband and his whole family.. they were proud to learn American English and the American customs and ways and be called Americans... none of them made a big public stink about having it all in their native language or the rest of the USA change to fit their native customs.. when you move to a country NOT yours of origin that is what you do.. my mother in law finally learned to drive at age 66.. when she went to take her test her last name and accent were obvious.. the man said to her .. You can take the test in Polish Lady and we will get a Polish speaking tester for you.. she replied to him back

in English with her thick accent.. WHY, I'm an Amreican, I speak, read and understand English , if I want to do everything in Polish I"ll go visit my sister in Poland ! When I was in my early 20's the family went back to Sweden, first time

since my Dad left 25 years ealier... before we left my sister and I with Dad's help

learned basic sentences in Swedish to get around.. I had my English-Swedish

translator with me.. although most spoke English I still tried to fit in , IN THEIR country NOT force them to conform to mine in their own country to make ME more comfortable .. I was a guest in their country and that is how one should act. You become a citizen then you must act like those that are there long before you.

The difference between Congress as envisoned by the Founding Fathers and the Congress we have today is one of them inspires patriots to support it, and the other inspires patriots to buy extra ammo (Angel Shamaya):lips:
Accountable

Political Correctness

Post by Accountable »

I'm convinced all this PC crap is coming from within, not without.
Uncle Fester

Political Correctness

Post by Uncle Fester »

I used to slaughter pigs for a living so I must be in deep shite with Allah:lips: please dont tell any one:-5

IF YOU CAN'T SAY GOOD ABOUT SOME ONE , KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

Did you know that too much chocolate shrinks your clothes

http://www.theparanormalcrypt.org/portal.php
Accountable

Political Correctness

Post by Accountable »

Uncle Fester wrote: I used to slaughter pigs for a loving so I must be in deep shite with Allah:lips: please dont tell any one:-5
Allah knows. :yh_shame
Uncle Fester

Political Correctness

Post by Uncle Fester »

Accountable wrote: Allah knows. :yh_shame
Yup and I know the way his lot slaughter their beasts,he needs to do some thing about that first,at least I used to stun the beasts that I slaughtered first that way they did not feel the knife slitting their throats (barbaric):mad:

IF YOU CAN'T SAY GOOD ABOUT SOME ONE , KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

Did you know that too much chocolate shrinks your clothes

http://www.theparanormalcrypt.org/portal.php
Clint

Political Correctness

Post by Clint »

I was in a job interview with two people not two long ago. One of them asked a question that caused me to divulge my religion. The second person was there as a consultant to the person that asked the question. I answered without giving it much thought, knowing he shouldn’t have asked. The consultant looked horrified. I didn’t get the job and I’ll bet that consultant is waiting for the lawsuit to this day.

I could have refused to answer or asked why he was asking the question but I figure that if it was important enough for him to ask, then it was a good time to let him know. I would rather have it that way than to have relocated my family only to find out my new boss had a real problem with my religion.

Political correctness isn’t solving any problems. It is making problems harder to solve.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Jives

Political Correctness

Post by Jives »

Why not turn their beliefs against them?

In the Phillipines, shortly after WWII, General MacArthur was faced with putting down an Armed Muslim Terrorist Insurgency.

He gathered together 40 of the worst terrorists. (There were hundreds to choose from). He lined them up in a yard, then he dipped a brush in pig's blood, and painted a stripe on each one's forehead.

Immediately following that, he had them all shot by firing squad. Since Muslims believe that if you touch pig's blood, you are unclean, and that if you die in that state you go straight to Hell, the insurgency vanished literally overnight.

Not a single incident occured for another 40 years after that.:cool:
Clint

Political Correctness

Post by Clint »

Jives wrote: Why not turn their beliefs against them?

In the Phillipines, shortly after WWII, General MacArthur was faced with putting down an Armed Muslim Terrorist Insurgency.

He gathered together 40 of the worst terrorists. (There were hundreds to choose from). He lined them up in a yard, then he dipped a brush in pig's blood, and painted a stripe on each one's forehead.

Immediately following that, he had them all shot by firing squad. Since Muslims believe that if you touch pig's blood, you are unclean, and that if you die in that state you go straight to Hell, the insurgency vanished literally overnight.

Not a single incident occured for another 40 years after that.:cool:
Ya know how a pig squeels when it gets it's tail twisted? That's what you would hear from Hollywood and their ACLU friends. You would be able to hear it all over the world. They think war has rules and we must "play" by the rules even if it means our children are murdered.:-5
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
OpenMind

Political Correctness

Post by OpenMind »

The problem here in England are the local councils. Different people in charge of departments are spending their time trying to think of ways that the Muslims can be offended.

This is another problem, it is centred on what offends the Muslims (although they will say any faith).

I read about the Piglet incident in last week's daily paper. Over the last year, I have also read about council owned churches that have been told to remove the cross in case it offends (and no one told them that they might be offending Christians by doing so).

I have to keep looking at my birth certificate just to remind myself that I am English, I keep doubting I'm in the same country these days. Won't be long now and my birth certificate will probably be worthless when they go for the new ID card. Do I have a choice in this? I may have if I become a muslim (Not Likely thank you)! And that is not meant to be offensive against Muslims.
Clint

Political Correctness

Post by Clint »

Far Rider wrote: um... very interesting... now im not saying I have any first hand knoweldge of this, but it has been brought to my attention that pigs blood is a commodity in iraq amongst US and coalition forces... and it is for sure a pshycological fear spread by unknown persons that our troops dip the tip of each round in pigs blood... heard it many times before.
I had forgotten about that. I also heard it.
Xxena

Political Correctness

Post by Xxena »

Uncle Fester wrote: I used to slaughter pigs for a living so I must be in deep shite with Allah:lips: please dont tell any one:-5

Nahh.. you're just creepy and your kooky, mysterous and spooky that's why they can't understand you :sneaky:

The difference between Congress as envisoned by the Founding Fathers and the Congress we have today is one of them inspires patriots to support it, and the other inspires patriots to buy extra ammo (Angel Shamaya):lips:
Xxena

Political Correctness

Post by Xxena »

OpenMind wrote: The problem here in England are the local councils. Different people in charge of departments are spending their time trying to think of ways that the Muslims can be offended.

This is another problem, it is centred on what offends the Muslims (although they will say any faith).

I read about the Piglet incident in last week's daily paper. Over the last year, I have also read about council owned churches that have been told to remove the cross in case it offends (and no one told them that they might be offending Christians by doing so).

I have to keep looking at my birth certificate just to remind myself that I am English, I keep doubting I'm in the same country these days. Won't be long now and my birth certificate will probably be worthless when they go for the new ID card. Do I have a choice in this? I may have if I become a muslim (Not Likely thank you)! And that is not meant to be offensive against Muslims.

Yeah well I rained on some radical local Muslims parade the other day.. don't think I"m just obnoxious and outspoken here... I happened to have a big decorative Cross on a long chain with the top and jeans I was wearing when I went shopping (I collect all kinds of jewlery crosses)... as I walked passed a few of them one said that MY display of my religion was offensive.. I turned around and looked him square in the eye and said to him so anyone around could hear..

"funny you should say that - I find you and your attitude offense.. why don't you take it and go back where you came from where Christians don't offend you and you can behead them on TV for fun !"... he muttered something and I told him to kiss my bum.. more explicitly though,,,

OpenMind

Political Correctness

Post by OpenMind »

Xxena wrote: Yeah well I rained on some radical local Muslims parade the other day.. don't think I"m just obnoxious and outspoken here... I happened to have a big decorative Cross on a long chain with the top and jeans I was wearing when I went shopping (I collect all kinds of jewlery crosses)... as I walked passed a few of them one said that MY display of my religion was offensive.. I turned around and looked him square in the eye and said to him so anyone around could hear..

"funny you should say that - I find you and your attitude offense.. why don't you take it and go back where you came from where Christians don't offend you and you can behead them on TV for fun !"... he muttered something and I told him to kiss my bum.. more explicitly though,,,

Don't blame you Xxena. They're getting too big for their boots. Our countries represent freedom of speech, thought, and belief and we are already used to and tolerant of a multicultural/multifaith society.

The muslim faith is not tolerant of these freedoms though. So you're quite right that those who are offended should have stayed where they were.
Clint

Political Correctness

Post by Clint »

OpenMind wrote: Don't blame you Xxena. They're getting too big for their boots. Our countries represent freedom of speech, thought, and belief and we are already used to and tolerant of a multicultural/multifaith society.

The muslim faith is not tolerant of these freedoms though. So you're quite right that those who are offended should have stayed where they were.
The Muslim faith is unwavering in its consistancy. They want everyone who isn't Muslim to convert to Islam or die...no exceptions. That's pretty even handed, wouldn't you say? That is why Islam is the only religion I will speak against. They can believe what they wish but when what they believe means death to my family or friends then they have crossed the line. Everyone needs to know what we are really dealing with.

Yes, I know, there are some very nice Muslim people who aren't in agreement with the convert or die bunch. I'm sorry they have chosen to identify with people who believe that way.
cars

Political Correctness

Post by cars »

STUFF Political Correctness!!!! It's out of control!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Cars :)
Xxena

Political Correctness

Post by Xxena »

The problem with political correctness is like anything out of DC ... its always

lopsided and never really panders to everyone which they want you to believe it does. Its more bureaucratic hogwash at our expense...

As for the Muslims.. we have a lot of Muslim people that live around us and out in the stores etc. They don't bother anyone and keep to themselves mostly. I have no problem with them. It seems the ONLY ones that are obnoxius and with the big racist mouths against anyone that is NOT like them are the younger males.. not the older males or the females of varying ages.. but the males from about 18 and into their 20's.. and they ARE obnoxious and I honestly think they do so

on purpose to get someone to take a swing at them or something. I'm really surprised the jerk said anything to me, usually they don't even acknowledge women, especially non muslim women OR they go to the extreme opposite and act like extreme pigs around non muslim women with their demeaning sexist remakes, cat calls etc. And they always go in groups.. typical bully mentality.

Return to “General Chit Chat”