Geocaching anyone?

flopstock

Geocaching anyone?

Post by flopstock »

This is apparently the newest hot app. I downloaded it today after someone at work explained it to me...

It works like a scavenger hunt.

Strangers hide objects all around the world.

The app shows you choices of items near you. You get in your car or on your bike and it guides you to within twenty feet or so of the thing.

When you find it you take a souvenir And leave something of yours behind in the container for the next person.

I, of course immediately thought about the dangerous stuff that could be out there, but it is supposed to be very popular with fun loving folks...

Going to try it out with little one tomorrow after work.

Anyone here try it out yet?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Geocaching anyone?

Post by LarsMac »

I'd heard about it. but never tried it.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Geocaching anyone?

Post by flopstock »

It's bizarre . There are twenty within a mile and a half of my house.

Just imagine how many there are within my small town?

Who knew the whole world was doing this?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

koan

Geocaching anyone?

Post by koan »

haha. Never done it but it was getting popular a long time ago so I imagine the whole world is a cornucopia of treasures now.
flopstock

Geocaching anyone?

Post by flopstock »

koan;1404192 wrote: haha. Never done it but it was getting popular a long time ago so I imagine the whole world is a cornucopia of treasures now.

Okay, what are the other fun ones out there. I freely admit, if it is not job related, it most likely goes right past my radar..:wah:

I'm going to take pictures of our travels and the treasure trove. I'll post them if we actually find something.

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Geocaching anyone?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Just looked, amazed at how many caches there are so close to the flat.

Return to “Computers Internet”