Jesse Ventura

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
koan

Jesse Ventura

Post by koan »

What a strange string of careers that man has taken.

Just checked out his Conspiracy Theory show. It looks kind of interesting. There was an interview on the home page of his show site that has a relative of E Howard Hunt explaining a death bed confession that JFK was murdered by a special ops group.

Looking forward to seeing whether or not they debunk any conspiracies or just try to reinforce them all.
koan

Jesse Ventura

Post by koan »

You know what? I like it.

I find Ventura engaging. He has conviction. I want to be his friend.

I'm going to expand his show into individual threads to look at what issues he is investigating one by one. I'm soooooo against "conspiracy theorists" who feel the need to link every conspiracy together and throw in some aliens but I think he's doing the right thing here. What we need is to eliminate crazy ass stuff and try to figure out what factual evidence there is to be worried about stuff. The first question to ask in any conspiracy is "Is it worth caring about?" I'll assess that, along with what is just assumption. I'd like to see if we can come to some agreement among rational folk.

Jesse was a governor, a navy seal, a "fighter" (actor with the WWF) and now a television personality who wants to make a difference. I want to root for him. He served his time. But prove it to me on paper.
Clodhopper

Jesse Ventura

Post by Clodhopper »

Even I think there's something funny about the JFK thing. What it all adds up to I really don't know and sadly, with so many competing theories all possessing plausibility if not too many positive facts would we ever be able to tell which was true?

Any confession now is dubious - the capacity of the human mind to deceive itself can never be underestimated. Even the strong sense that something is being covered up might just be a reaction to seeing so many theories saying so...

Ah the world of the conspiracy theorist. Where sure enough you'll find something a bit off. Thing is, it's usually you.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Clodhopper

Jesse Ventura

Post by Clodhopper »

..ooops. I hit post rather than go advanced.:confused:

Just going to add shows looking seriously at them are a good thing, I think.

Though I can't help imagining reaching the end of the first series debunking everything and on the last show "proving" that the Illuminati exist and having the set explode. That should keep 'em for series 2...:sneaky:

koan

Jesse Ventura

Post by koan »

There are a decided lack of Canadian conspiracy theories. We've had scandals where politicians were charged with misappropriation of funds and such, and whistleblowers, we just lack any mysterious events attributed to CSIS, evil societies or the Illuminati. Surely, if they exist, some of them are Canadian.
Clodhopper

Jesse Ventura

Post by Clodhopper »

It might be tempting to see canadians as naturally more sensible than the rest of us, but then I've seen ice hockey...:wah:

(...and gone drinking with a few...:lips:)

koan

Jesse Ventura

Post by koan »

lmao. Don't insult our hockey players. We'll riot on you.

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”