13/13

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

13/13

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Yep... the undisputed champion of the world remains unbeaten today.

Frankel 1/10 on.

2012 Juddmonte International Stakes - Frankel - YouTube
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
valerie

13/13

Post by valerie »

Well, I'll give just a little dispute... maybe throw in the word "current"

in there somewhere, eh?

'Cause there is that little mare Zenyatta who went 19 for 20!

;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Oscar Namechange

13/13

valerie;1401836 wrote: Well, I'll give just a little dispute... maybe throw in the word "current"

in there somewhere, eh?

'Cause there is that little mare Zenyatta who went 19 for 20!

;)

I agree with you actually re: Zenyatta but our pundits rate Frankel champion of the world due to his speeds and handicap mark. not the amount of races he's run.

The Unbeaten Australian Black Caviar Is another but again, It's down to speed times.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
valerie

13/13

Post by valerie »

Gotcha, Z is a retired momma anyway now!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Oscar Namechange

13/13

Just been looking at some stats Valerie...

The difference between Frankel and Black Caviar and Zenyatta, Is that although Black Caviar actually has the fastest cruising speed of the three, her and Zenyatta have managed to hold that cruising speed between one and one and a half furlongs. Frankel can maintain his cruising speeds for over 4 furlongs and It Is that which destroys anything else.

Oscar Namechange

13/13

valerie;1401841 wrote: Gotcha, Z is a retired momma anyway now! Frankel retires after this season aged 4 yrs old... His owner stands to make £20 million In stud fee's,
Oscar Namechange

13/13

Frankel fever grips Ascot | Horse Racing News | AOL Sport | Powered by Sporting Life

News Frankel is likely to finish his career on Qipco British Champions Day at Ascot on October 20 has seen the final premier enclosure tickets sell out.

Only grandstand tickets are still available now and Rod Street, chief executive of the British Champions series, said: "The Frankel factor has clearly had a big impact on sales over the weekend and we are planning a very special farewell to the world's greatest racehorse as he bids for the 14th victory in his unbeaten career.

"We will be holding discussions with Ascot in the coming week over the possibility of raising the grandstand capacity beyond a total crowd of 30,000, but doing so in the autumn is a difficult task and our overriding aim is to give those racegoers who are lucky enough to have tickets the best possible experience on the day."
Oscar Namechange

13/13

So Champions day at Ascot Is now completely sold out.... don't think I can remember a time where I've seen this before....

1/10 Frankel

7/1 Cirrus Des Aigles

7/1 Nathaniel

14/1 Excelebration

20/1 Farhh

33/1 Carlton House

33/1 St Nicholas Abbey

40/1 Born To Sea

I have just placed a straight forecast...... Frankel to win/Excelebration second....

Frankel will then retire aged just four years old and stands to make his owner 20 million In stud fee's
Oscar Namechange

13/13

Yep he did It. 14/14... although he had me worried at the beginning of the race... very slow away from the stalls but thankfully he regained the pace after his pacemaker.

Her Majesty The Queen was there to see him and Sir Henry Cecil his trainer was seen wiping away tears. Sir Henry Is fighting terminal cancer and It was highly emotional to see Frankel remain unbeaten.

Frankel now retires and It's expected the stud fee's could reach as much as £100 million.

You can watch the race on this link.

BBC Sport - Frankel retires unbeaten after Champion Stakes win at Ascot

Return to “Sports”