Upcoming 2013 Science Fiction Films

Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

New Science Fiction films on the way (Ignoring the crapMarvel Superhero stuff) for 2013;

Star Trek 2

It's.. er.. Star Trek.. 2.

-----------------------------------

World War Z

The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself. Enos plays Gerry’s wife Karen Lane; Kertesz is his comrade in arms

Area 52

At a storage facility in Antarctica that houses top-secret alien wares after Nevada's Area 51 is done testing them, an Army nurse must restore order after a mercenary attack has unleashed a menacing terror. More »

Robocop* (REMAKE)

Directed by José Padilha. With Joel Kinnaman, Gael García Bernal. In a crime-

ridden city, a terminally wounded cop returns to the force as a powerful cyborg

----------------------------------

Short Circuit* (REMAKE)

Directed by Tim Hill. Number 5, one of a group of experimental military robots,

undergoes a sudden transformation after being struck by lightning

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (REMAKE)

Fox is prepping its own version of the classic Jules Verne tale with producers Ridley and Tony Scott and their Scott Free Prods. are developing a Leagues project for the studio with a script by Clash of the Titans co-writer Travis Beacham, which insiders say is set in the future (although it follows the novel's structure). The thinking is that a sci-fi take on the material might be more accessible than a period one (it should be noted that Verne's novel was considered science fiction when it was published in 1870).

The Forever War

An elite task force returns home after a brief interstellar military operation, but discovers that 20 years have past and the planet they once knew is completely different. Based on Joe Haldeman's 1974 novel The Forever War. Based on Joe Haldeman's 1974 novel The Forever War

Oblivion

Oblivion is an upcoming 2013 Hollywood science fiction action thriller film directed and co-produced by Joseph Kosinski and starring Tom Cruise, Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Morgan Freeman, Melissa Leo and Nicolaj Coster-Waldau.[3][4] The film was initially scheduled to release on July 10, 2013. Since the 3D re-release of Jurassic Park was set for a July 19, 2013 release date, the project was pushed forward to April 26, 2013.[5]

Sex on the Moon

Sex on the Moon centers on Thad Roberts, a 25-year-old intern at Nasa who hatched a plan to steal moon rocks from the Johnson Space Center, to impress his girlfriend

The Host (Sounds like a REMAKE of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers')

Alien beings from another planet have invaded the earth and have begun to take over the bodies and minds of humans. Melanie Stryder's body has been inhabited by one of the "souls" named Wanderer, but she refuses to fade away.

Incarceron

Lautner's latest project is an adaptation of Catherine Fisher's young adult novel Incarceron, which would have Lautner playing Finn, who has grown up in the futuristic prison society of Incarceron. With the help of a crystal key and the Warden's daughter Claudia, Finn hatches a plan to escape.

Elysium

Next film from District 9 writer/director Neill Blomkamp. Elysium is set on another planet in the far future. The film will combine sociopolitical ideas and action.

Pacific Rim

Set in a future in which malevolent creatures threaten the earth, the planet must band together and use highly advanced technology to eradicate the growing menace. Pacific Rim is a giant robots versus giant monsters film by Guillermo Del Toro

Robopocolypse

Robopocalypse explores the fate of the human race following a robot uprising. Created by Stephen Spielberg (Possibly as an alternative Idea from AI which explored the eventuality of mankind being made extinct and robot kind succeeding them - not aliens like some people seemed to think!)

The Ditch

Set in the future, a super maximum-security prison has been constructed on Jupiter's moon where Earth's worst criminals are incarcerated. When a prison guard's family is taken hostage, he is coerced into helping the facility's most notorious terrorist, a man who was scheduled to be executed that day, escape

Leonardo Da Vinci

An adventure film about the young Leonardo

Hyperion

A space war looms over the planet of Hyperion, where time traveling artifacts are protected by a monster known as Shrike

We Mortals Are

We Are Mortals is a science fiction thriller about a soldier fighting aliens in a futuristic war who keeps reliving his last day on the battlefield

Buck Rogers (REMAKE)

A 3D take on the story of Buck Rogers, an astronaut from 20th century, who awakens after remaining dormant for 500 years

Enders Game

Ender's Game is an upcoming American science fiction film based on the novel of the same name by Orson Scott Card. Directed and written by Gavin Hood, the film will star Asa Butterfield as Andrew "Ender" Wiggin, an unusually gifted child who is sent to an advanced military school in space to prepare for a future alien invasion. Other stars will include Harrison Ford, Ben Kingsley, Aramis Knight, Hailee Steinfeld, Jimmy Pinchak, and Abigail Breslin. The film's storyline will be a fusion between Ender's Game and its parallel novel Ender's Shadow, focusing on the important elements of both.[1]

The film will be released on November 1, 2013, by Summit Entertainment through Lionsgate

After Earth

After a crash landing, a father and son explore an alien planet.

The Martian Chronicles (REMAKE)

Ray Bradbury's “The Martian Chronicles

Roswell FM

Comedy.

I am Legend 2

He's dead. Maybe he's come back as a Zombie Men in Black rapper.

The outer Limits

Film based on the long running TV Show

Larklight

Larklight is the first in a Victorian-era space adventure trilogy in which a brother and sister do stuff

Major Matt Mason

Live-action family film about space adventure

Replay

A man who's died gets a second chance to relive his life over again

Singularity

Pure destruction movie, how about a singularity opens a portal to another world or dimension

The Europa Report

Europa is a science fiction adventure that follows a contemporary manned mission to Europa – the fourth moon of Jupiter -

Boilerplate

film adaptation of Boilerplate

Dominion: Dinosaur

Dinosaurs Versus Aliens

Here there be monsters

Bradley Cooper to battle sea beasts in Here There Be Monsters

How to live safely in the Universe

How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe (2013) starring . The story centers on a time travel machine repairman named Charles Yu

Last man Standing

Set 600 years from now in an alternate universe, an invincible soldier and celebrated war hero named Gabriel is framed

Ombis

Ombis is a 1950's style alien invasion film in which a life form crash lands on Earth
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Can't remake Wrath of Khan to be any good like the original film.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I see two that look promising.

I read "Enders Game" years ago. Should make a great film in the right hands.

It will be interesting to see the Scott brothers mangle Verne.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I loved the book version of World War Z, I couldn't put it down but I've been reading that the movie production is plagued by problems and Brad Pitt has even stopped talking to the director. I don't have high hopes for it.

Joel Kinnaman... yessssss

Nicolaj Coster-Waldau... double yessssss
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

My son kindly took me to watch Prometheus in 3D for my birthday. A couple of bewildering characters that did little for the film but overall I loved it and the 3D effects.

John Carpenter was a load of tosh. Not the sort of epic Disney should be playing with, especially after the success of Avatar, which left it for dead
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

LarsMac;1400942 wrote:

I have my own classroom set of Ender's Game" and we read it every year. For those who don't know that book is used by colleges as diverse as Watuga college, which uses it to teach the actualization of self, at one end of the scale, to Virginia Military Academy, which uses it to teach principles of leadership and small group dynamics on the other.

Orson Scott Card has fought against Hollywood for years, refusing to give up the rights the the book or write a script unless the film was made true to the book. (They kept wanting to make Ender a teenager ala Harry Potter, which would ruin the story as you well know)

They finally agreed to let him have creative control after Harrison Ford signed on. So I have REALLY high hopes for that movie now.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Snowfire;1400986 wrote: My son kindly took me to watch Prometheus in 3D for my birthday. A couple of bewildering characters that did little for the film but overall I loved it and the 3D effects.

John Carpenter was a load of tosh. Not the sort of epic Disney should be playing with, especially after the success of Avatar, which left it for dead

John Carter, you fruitcake. I really liked it but I thought it was very badly named and advertised.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1400942 wrote: Well, I see two that look promising.

It will be interesting to see the Scott brothers mangle Verne.

Agree Ender's Game looks to be the pick of the crop. An excellent book that could make a great film.
Vaishali

Post by Vaishali »

Hey..Nice fiction films. I like the thread material.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Saw John Carter, the other day.

Meh.

Had some interesting scenery, and effects, but I suspect Boroughs it spinning in his grave.
- DH Lawrence
Randolph

Post by Randolph »

the upcoming sci fi movie is Man of Steel. The story is, A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Randolph;1424604 wrote: the upcoming sci fi movie is Man of Steel. The story is, A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

That sounds so, ..., familiar.
- DH Lawrence
shinning_like_me

Post by shinning_like_me »

really

why so many remakes , is there no subjects left for them to make..............
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Good question, shining. Maybe they are lazy & know a "sure thing", moneywise, when they see it.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”