Welcome to the Drugs, Alcohol Tobacco Forum

ForumGarden

Post by ForumGarden »

Thank you for visiting Forumgarden.com.

You may start a topic (or poll) at any time, reply to an existing topic, track messages of interest, and send private messages to other users.

Please click on Register in the top menu, and reserve a username that nobody else can use. You will be able to receive reply notifications, create a profile and signature, view the full contents of Forumgarden.com, get your own private message box, and more.

We hope you will return often as our community grows, and participate whenever possible.

Enjoy your stay!

Forumgarden Staff
staciarosa

Post by staciarosa »

This site provides its highly more interesting info about tobacco, drugs and alcohol. i really enjoyed it to read. thanks for the update.

(Advert removed)
spot

Post by spot »

I was never quite sure whether this bit of the forum was intrinsically for it or agin it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Im all for it..
theia

Post by theia »

YZGI;1322245 wrote: Im all for it..

Me too
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Peg

Post by Peg »

I'm assuming we have it since this is from 2004. LOL
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I think the forum itself would be neutral.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

pipes4life

Post by pipes4life »

Is smoking a tobacco pipe better then smoking a cigarette? I tried to find info on the chemicals used in cigaretts versus tobacco pipes and their isn't much out there. Was wondering if anyone here has seen anything. The tobaccos are different and didn't think as many chemicals were in the pipe tobacco.

Thanks!
spot

Post by spot »

pipes4life;1399916 wrote: Is smoking a tobacco pipe better then smoking a cigarette? I tried to find info on the chemicals used in cigaretts versus tobacco pipes and their isn't much out there. Was wondering if anyone here has seen anything. The tobaccos are different and didn't think as many chemicals were in the pipe tobacco.

Thanks!As best I understand the matter, pipe smoking leads to cancer of the mouth and oesophagus as well as the lung cancer, heart stress and emphysema associated with cigarettes. If we want comparative rates we'd need to look them up. My guess is that a pipe smoker faces a higher chance of an associated debilitating medical condition and an earlier death than a cigarette smoker consuming the same weight of tobacco each week, all else being equal, but that's only a guess. By all means give us a source for credible statistics.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

YZGI;1322245 wrote: Im all for it..

I just noticed, I quit smoking less than a month after this post..

Oops, can't add. Less than 3 months after the post..
spot

Post by spot »

There's still the alcohol though.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1399926 wrote: There's still the alcohol though.

Yes there is. How could you tell? Was it my ciphering mistake?
spot

Post by spot »

YZGI;1399928 wrote: Yes there is. How could you tell? Was it my ciphering mistake?

Well it wasn't the one and it couldn't possibly have been the other so I settled for the only remaining choice.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1399917 wrote: As best I understand the matter, pipe smoking leads to cancer of the mouth and oesophagus as well as the lung cancer, heart stress and emphysema associated with cigarettes. If we want comparative rates we'd need to look them up. My guess is that a pipe smoker faces a higher chance of an associated debilitating medical condition and an earlier death than a cigarette smoker consuming the same weight of tobacco each week, all else being equal, but that's only a guess. By all means give us a source for credible statistics.

Like cigar smoking, most pipe smokers inhale far less smoke than cigarette smokers.

the chemical treatment of cigarette tobacco and the paper used, combined with the significantly higher rates of consumption contribute to a much higher heath risk for cigarette smokers.

Having said that, regular/habitual use of Pipe or Cigar will significantly increase the risk of oral cancers and heart/stroke risks.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1399926 wrote: There's still the alcohol though.

That can't be a bad thing, really.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Drugs, Alcohol Tobacco”