MessagEase

Ahso!

MessagEase

Post by Ahso! »

Anyone other than me use this keyboard on their smartphone?

MessagEase - The fastest keyboard for iPhones, Androids, or other touch screen devices
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
yaaarrrgg

MessagEase

Post by yaaarrrgg »

I hadn't tried that one. I was using swype for a while but switched back to the default keyboard.

I've been wanting to get and external USB keyboard... but not sure what is available.
Wandrin

MessagEase

Post by Wandrin »

I use the Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard, with Swype as my backup. They keys are larger than most of the standard keyboards, but it is in the normal layout. I had a little trouble installing it, since my phone isn't running ICS, but it was worth the effort.

I use a cute little program on my Mac, called Type2Phone, that essentially opens a window that connects to the phone via bluetooth. Anything I type in the window is as if I used a bluetooth keyboard and I can cut and paste.
yaaarrrgg

MessagEase

Post by yaaarrrgg »

I finally did a bit more research on external usb keyboards for phones.

Most android phones 2.3 and higher support USB OTG (on the go) but it looks like the power isn't there to drive the device by default. From what I read the USB needs to be modified to supply 5 volts back to the phone. Some people use powered USB hubs, or modify them, to provide the power.

So it looks like a bluetooth keyboard might be the way to go for external. That would make my ssh app usable... :)

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”