World Airline Meals

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Jessica12

World Airline Meals

Post by Jessica12 »

North Korean Airline meal is terrible. It's totally different from ads.
Snooz

World Airline Meals

Post by Snooz »

Why would North Korea need an airline?
Accountable

World Airline Meals

Post by Accountable »

and why would they name it Qatar Airways?
Snooz

World Airline Meals

Post by Snooz »

False advertising!
spot

World Airline Meals

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1396946 wrote: Why would North Korea need an airline?

Why would it not? It predates the South's Korean Air and it's a damn sight safer to fly with. From its start in the 1950s it's lost one plane and 23 passengers compared with Korean Air's terrifying record of writing off 16 aircraft in "serious incidents and accidents" with the loss of 700 lives.

This childish South Korean propaganda against the North - I still can't believe ForumGarden is getting these jingoistic nationalists coming here to do it - is all over the Internet, claiming poor food on the Northern carrier. I think I'd rather fly with them and make my own mind up that take what's said by Jessica and her kind at face value. They appear terribly biased.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

World Airline Meals

Post by YZGI »

Looks pretty tasty to me.
Snooz

World Airline Meals

Post by Snooz »

spot;1396970 wrote: Why would it not?

Limited access in and out of the country.
Oscar Namechange

World Airline Meals

Post by Oscar Namechange »

You've obviously never eaten In a Little Chef then Jessica.

Still... those Korean meat balls really are the dogs bollocks.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

World Airline Meals

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1396974 wrote: Limited access in and out of the country.

Does the fact that they obviously do run a substantial national airline not make you think that perhaps the propaganda is the untruth? I'm quite sure if you booked two weeks in a hotel in Pyongyang you'd have no trouble at all getting in or out. As to what proportion of North Korean adults can get a passport just by applying for it I've no idea, but there must be a proportion. What proportion of resident adults in the USA would be refused a passport if they asked for one?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

World Airline Meals

Post by Accountable »

oscar;1396991 wrote: You've obviously never eaten In a Little Chef then Jessica.

Still... those Korean meat balls really are the dogs bollocks.

Is that anything like the cat's meow?
spot

World Airline Meals

Post by spot »

Jessica12;1396941 wrote: North Korean Airline meal is terrible. It's totally different from ads.It might help to put a link to customer reviews of the airline. The general view as that the food is good and the planes nostalgic.

Air Koryo Customer Reviews | SKYTRAX

Here's the latest, from this year, but by all means click the link and read them all. "Beijing to Pyongyang return. The plane was clean and well presented. Check-in service was impersonal but satisfactory. The food was good. Both flights left and arrived right on time. A shame the airline doesn't fly more routes".
Snooz

World Airline Meals

Post by Snooz »

Here's an interesting article:

North Korean airline still flies, but closer to home - USATODAY.com

Granted, it's four years old and I don't think much of the publication but it seems like a well-researched story.
spot

World Airline Meals

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1397058 wrote: I don't think much of the publication but it seems like a well-researched story.

You surprise me, I was under the impression it was an oasis of thoughtful accurate reporting. How odd.
Snooz

World Airline Meals

Post by Snooz »

These are the same people that "reported":

Federal civil servants earned average pay and benefits of $123,049 in 2009 while private workers made $61,051 in total compensation, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. The data are the latest available. source

That set off a sh!t storm, millions of people assumed that meant that most of us made $123,000 a year and demanded we all get fired to save the economy. The average federal employee I know makes between $45,000 - $65,000 a year, a far cry from their amount.

So yeah, I'm not a big fan of USAToday.
spot

World Airline Meals

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1397060 wrote: That set off a sh!t storm, millions of people assumed that meant that most of us made $123,000 a year and demanded we all get fired to save the economy. The average federal employee I know makes between $45,000 - $65,000 a year, a far cry from their amount.
It's different uses of the word "average". You're talking about the guy in the middle, they're talking about adding the whole pay and benefits bill together and dividing by the number of federal employees. The figures they used came straight off the BEA government website - What factors explain the difference between average compensation of federal government civilian employees and average compensation of private-sector employees? even discusses the reason for the disparity. And, as BEA says there, it's real.

eta: there's a big difference between "makes" and the cost of employment, too.
Snooz

World Airline Meals

Post by Snooz »

Here are the stats from 2008:

Overall, federal workers earned an average salary of $67,691 in 2008 for occupations that exist both in government and the private sector, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data. The average pay for the same mix of jobs in the private sector was $60,046 in 2008, the most recent data available.

So in one year, the average salary went from $67,691 to $123,049? I doubt it. I very seriously doubt it and I don't care where they got the information, unless there are lots of people making half a million per year that skews the numbers, then that average is hogwash.
spot

World Airline Meals

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1397062 wrote: So in one year, the average salary went from $67,691 to $123,049? I doubt it. I very seriously doubt it and I don't care where they got the information, unless there are lots of people making half a million per year that skews the numbers, then that average is hogwash.

Salary isn't the cost of employing someone. The breakdown shows the employer additionally putting on average $33,000 or so per employee each year into pension arrangements, for example - adding that gets you to within $20,000 of the figure. And yes, of course federal employment is more burdened with higher-paid unproductive management layers than the private sector and the figures skew accordingly.

My point was that you're holding USA Today responsible for BEA figures. Don't shoot the messenger.
Snooz

World Airline Meals

Post by Snooz »

If they're going to report on it every year then they should use the same source. We all know statistics can be fudged.
spot

World Airline Meals

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1397066 wrote: If they're going to report on it every year then they should use the same source. We all know statistics can be fudged.

Statistics can be selectively quoted to give a misleading impression. A fudged statistic, on the other hand, is a mathematical error and I don't believe BEA goes in for those.

Return to “Arts Animation”