To Be Or Not To Be - Attractive

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

The following article in absolutely fascinating. The more we learn about Natural Selection and it's influence over our behavior the more I'm beside myself. Although the article was written primarily for the purpose to address why some men are gay it's also revealing as to why we're attracted or attractive to others of the opposite sex.

Speaking for myself, I've always been attracted on a visual level to brown-eyed brunette women. As the process would advance I'd then focus on dialogue and finally behavior in social settings for a potential mate. The caveat is that although brown-eyed brunettes is where I begin it may not be where I find myself in the end. As an example, a publicly known person I find enormously attractive is Diane Sawyer who is blond with blue eyes.

Fascinating!

But how might the "gay man gene" make females more reproductively successful? A new study by Camperio Ciani and his team addresses the question for the first time. Previously, the Italian researchers suggested that the "gay man gene" might simply increase androphilia, or attraction to men, thereby making the males who possess the gene homosexual and the females who possess it more promiscuous. But after investigating the characteristics of 161 female maternal relatives of homosexual and heterosexual men, the researchers have adjusted their hypothesis. Rather than making women more attracted to men, the "gay man gene" appears to make these women more attractive to men.Why Are There Gay Men? | Male Homosexuality | LifesLittleMysteries.com
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

A little too butch for me.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1396498 wrote: A little too butch for me. And a little too Cassidy for me.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

oscar;1396501 wrote: And a little too Cassidy for me.

And the Sundance Kid is definetly off limits.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

YZGI;1396503 wrote: And the Sundance Kid is definetly off limits. Was he gay ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

oscar;1396507 wrote: Was he gay ?

He's a kid, who knows.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Why is Ahso researching what makes men attractive to other men?

Return to “Science”