Letters...this is my humble work

Discuss, review, inquire about song lyrics
Lane

Post by Lane »

none of the lyric I write reflects my life..this was a emotional conversation with a guy and I had to write about it. hope its ok to put a link" in here, it gives you a better idea how the words work. any thoughts are welcome.

one person i talked with, He lost his wife, and his little girl lost her mother, he told me still today he writes her letters, and his little girl still wants to write her mother.

Letters

verse

I`ll sit down tonight

try to write You one more time,

between the heart, and the candlelight.

when You come back to Me.

Heres this old photograph,

Your favorite song running through My head,

did I mention..how hard it is

when I have to let you go all over again.

Chorus:

I will sign...forever.

and place it here in my heart.

I will send this in care of..

everyday that goes by....

I will sign it.. I love You...

with all the X`s and O`s...

Baby.. its not so easy

writing this letter to You...

Verse

Every now and then

She and I will sit down to write

between the dresses and the ponytails,

Kate`s so much like you.

...and theres that old picture of Us

how long is forever Dad..

a little prayer, and its off to bed

baby we`re doing fine..

chorus

..and We signed it...forever..

We both crossed our hearts.

We will send this in care of..

everyday that goes by....

Then We sign it.. I love You...

with all the X`s and O`s...

Baby.. its not so easy

...writing these letters to You.

Then We sign it.. I love You...

so many X`s and O`s...

Baby.. its not so easy

...writing these letters to You.

no Baby.. its not easy

...writing these letters to You...

© Copyright 2011 Second-hand Hearts Vincent
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Awesome !!!!

You are an extremely talented song writer Mr Vincent !!!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lane

Post by Lane »

thank you Oscar your to kind. once in awhile you bump into something that really effects you, I think the conversation really wrote this song. I don`t have many songs.. lyric is a tough road.. I mostly write free-verse.
Oscar Namechange

The lyric writers that Impress me the most are the one's who, as you did there, without suffering the experience themselves, tune In to what others feel and write from the heart.

The best example of that for me personally Is the lyrics Mick Jagger wrote to ' Mothers Little Helper' from the 60's. For a very young man as he was at the time to write about the drudgery of being a wife and Mother, It was quite astonishing and those words fit today just as much as they did In the 60's.

It's that kind of lyric writing I admire...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lane

Post by Lane »

oscar;1395848 wrote: The lyric writers that Impress me the most are the one's who, as you did there, without suffering the experience themselves, tune In to what others feel and write from the heart.

The best example of that for me personally Is the lyrics Mick Jagger wrote to ' Mothers Little Helper' from the 60's. For a very young man as he was at the time to write about the drudgery of being a wife and Mother, It was quite astonishing and those words fit today just as much as they did In the 60's.

It's that kind of lyric writing I admire...

I agree with you Oscar, I listen to everything. I love to rock" but! I think my fav is the storytellers. [musical poets] sometimes I have a tendency to over write, I want to say to much trying to get a feeling across. know what I mean? not relying on the listener...lol g`s I have to re-write and re-write. I don`t colab" with anyone so that makes it tough. no second opinions just put it out there and hope for the best. And then you know? I have a song that I wrote and it takes people in a whole different direction than where I had intended..lol I stopped putting a footnote with the song and just let it take people wherever. I`ll put it on if you want to hear. see what you think then I`ll tell you how it came about..
Oscar Namechange

Lane;1395887 wrote: I agree with you Oscar, I listen to everything. I love to rock" but! I think my fav is the storytellers. [musical poets] sometimes I have a tendency to over write, I want to say to much trying to get a feeling across. know what I mean? not relying on the listener...lol g`s I have to re-write and re-write. I don`t colab" with anyone so that makes it tough. no second opinions just put it out there and hope for the best. And then you know? I have a song that I wrote and it takes people in a whole different direction than where I had intended..lol I stopped putting a footnote with the song and just let it take people wherever. I`ll put it on if you want to hear. see what you think then I`ll tell you how it came about.. Yes please... put It on. Can't wait

:guitarist

Return to “Song Lyrics”