Any idea why my property is fungusville?

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Melanyjhz

Post by Melanyjhz »

Every year I get a surplus of fungus issues. early blight, and other veggie things. Now I got fruit trees and I have peach leaf curl, and something going on with my pear tree too. and I have lady slippers everywhere and those need a special fungus to live LOL. plus lets not mention the mushrooms all over the place. I don't understand. We have sun everywhere, we don't live in the shade. why all the fungus?? and is there anything I can do about it? The garden was one thing, but now the fruit trees and it is one more battle. Starting to get a bit frustrated. ideas?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

You must live in a really humid area. Fungus is hell to get rid of because it lives and grows underground. Unless you're willing to plow and poison your whole yard, you might be out of luck. Have you checked your local experts? Nurseries and such?
Melanyjhz

Post by Melanyjhz »

I looked for professional help. I hope my problem will be solved soon.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

If I had a dollar for every time I said that ...
Aussie Harmony

Post by Aussie Harmony »

Peach leafe curl is common in Australia. If you don't spray when the tree is dormant your tree will get it. Sometimes very little or sometimes a lot. If you use too much fertiliser you can unbalance the soil's micro organisms and some fungis can flourish. What about checking your soil PH. There is some evidence that in acid soil there is less bacteria and more fungus unless it is more acid than 4.5 in which case the fungi then suffers. It would be worthwhile checking the PH of your soil.

Good luck with your professional help.
Compost King

Post by Compost King »

You mentioned that you have lots of sun but even in a sunny/hot climate it is best to water the garden first thing in the morning rather than at night. This will help to discourage fungus.

Composting Tips

Return to “Gardening Forum”