My son Harry

Discussion group for bereaved parents.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their children, grandchildren or siblings.
Kirsty

My son Harry

Post by Kirsty »

Last June I lost my son Harry. He was only 15 days old. It came as a complete shock to everyone. He was completely healthy in every way. This was up until the point he got a tummy bug. We had a doctor out and he said he would be fine. A couple of days later his breathing started playing up. That night in hospital he passed away. The doctors had tried everything. The worst part of it was that I didn't know for months what the cause was. It turned out he had a condition called NEC. It is an infection of the bowl wall. I know i couldn't have done anything but still I wish I would have done more. I feel like as his mum I should have known it was more than just a tummy bug. I think about my baby boy everyday and I do anything to have him back. I feel like he never had a chance at life. He never spoke his first word, never took his first step and never had a first birthday. I hope one day Harry and I will meet again.
flopstock

My son Harry

Post by flopstock »

Kirsty;1392185 wrote: Last June I lost my son Harry. He was only 15 days old. It came as a complete shock to everyone. He was completely healthy in every way. This was up until the point he got a tummy bug. We had a doctor out and he said he would be fine. A couple of days later his breathing started playing up. That night in hospital he passed away. The doctors had tried everything. The worst part of it was that I didn't know for months what the cause was. It turned out he had a condition called NEC. It is an infection of the bowl wall. I know i couldn't have done anything but still I wish I would have done more. I feel like as his mum I should have known it was more than just a tummy bug. I think about my baby boy everyday and I do anything to have him back. I feel like he never had a chance at life. He never spoke his first word, never took his first step and never had a first birthday. I hope one day Harry and I will meet again.

You have my deepest sympathy. No parent should have to say good-bye to their child.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

K.Snyder

My son Harry

Post by K.Snyder »

I'm sorry for what you must be going through. I don't think there are many words that can help ease your pain but I'm sure you'll find the members here to be as friendly as anywhere(They have to be or the big old ogre from the bottom of the bridge will throw them out!).
AnneBoleyn

My son Harry

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I am so very sorry for your suffering. I had a similar loss.
along-for-the-ride

My son Harry

Post by along-for-the-ride »

A hug for you. He will always hold a special place in your heart. I know.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Bereaved Parents”