My Bhakti-yoga view

Discuss Sikhism, Shinto, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Kabbalah, others.
rajakrsna

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by rajakrsna »

Bhakti-Yoga means Devotion to God. It also means Love of God. In fact, its the highest form of worship to God. Other means e.g (Royal ) Raja-Yoga, (Meditative) Kriya-Yoga, (Jana )Speculative Yoga,( Work ) Karma-Yoga, etc maybe difficult to practice in this modern age without breaking a bone in the body.

Bhakti-Yoga is the easiest way out, so to speak, if liberation from this material body is the goal you want to achieve. The material body refers to the human body, of course. Others who want to achieve in liberating themselves from the material body do it quick by committing suicide, hara kiri, drug-over dose, severe alcohol intoxication leading to cardiac arrest, etc. That is not our goal.

Devotion or Bhakti can be applied to anyone say, love for children, love for your parents, love for your friends & enemies, love for your employer, love for community, love for your country & fellowmen, love for anybody regardless of creed, culture, race, color, status in life, rich or poor, even animals, birds, aquatics. If you go down to the bottom of it, Devotion or Bhakti actually embraces all!
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
fuzzywuzzy

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

From your previous thread.

That`s why our community has agreed to establish places where Satan ( devil with horns ) & his kind are allowed to convene, unwind & if possible release the by-product of these horns ( semen). In other words, if we want to control Satan ( devil with horns ), I suggest that we stay in the convent, ashram, seminary or any place where they teach you the techniques ( kriya & bhakti ) of controlling one`s urge & desire to copulate.

You havent had it in awhile
rajakrsna

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by rajakrsna »

fuzzywuzzy;1387650 wrote: From your previous thread.

You havent had it in awhile

"Anyone who is thinking of Krishna always within himself, is a first-class yogi." If you want perfection don't be satisfied only by practicing a course of asana. You have to go further. The perfection of the yoga system means when you are in samadhi (oblivious), always thinking of the Visnu form of the Lord within the heart, without being disturbed... Controlling all the senses and the mind. That is called perfection of yoga" - A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
Vrindavana Das

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by Vrindavana Das »

rajakrsna;1387652 wrote: "Anyone who is thinking of Krishna always within himself, is a first-class yogi." If you want perfection don't be satisfied only by practicing a course of asana. You have to go further. The perfection of the yoga system means when you are in samadhi (oblivious), always thinking of the Visnu form of the Lord within the heart, without being disturbed... Controlling all the senses and the mind. That is called perfection of yoga" - A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

I totally agree. Bhakti yoga is the super-excellent platform to attain God. Karma yoga or Gyaan yoga are inferior. By their own efforts of fruitive work or meditation, the karmis and yogis believe they can attain God. This way they limit the unlimited Lord in the boundary of their efforts, who is also supremely independent. Thus attain only up to the partial manifestation of God - Formless Light (Bramha) or Super-soul in the Heart.

A devotee on the other hand, working in Krishna Consciousness, depends completely on the mercy of Supreme Lord with full surrender and faith. Thus he attains to the highest perfection of human life.
rajakrsna

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by rajakrsna »

Vrindavana Das;1388870 wrote: I totally agree. Bhakti yoga is the super-excellent platform to attain God. Karma yoga or Gyaan yoga are inferior. By their own efforts of fruitive work or meditation, the karmis and yogis believe they can attain God. This way they limit the unlimited Lord in the boundary of their efforts, who is also supremely independent. Thus attain only up to the partial manifestation of God - Formless Light (Bramha) or Super-soul in the Heart.

A devotee on the other hand, working in Krishna Consciousness, depends completely on the mercy of Supreme Lord with full surrender and faith. Thus he attains to the highest perfection of human life.

Aahh.. Who can`t forget Vrndavan-abode of Govinda-the flute player who attracts the damsels Vrajabhumi. Who can`t forget the naughty bluish black Boy Krishna who stole the clothes of the gopis while they were bathing in the Yamuna river. Who can`t forget Baladeva, the elder brother of Krishna. When both are together side by side with Radha who can not me hypnotized and mesmerized by their pastimes in Vrndavan. Oh, how I long to see you my sweet Lord-HARE KRISHNA!!

MY SWEET LORD - YouTube
Vrindavana Das

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by Vrindavana Das »

Yes ...

Chant and be happy

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare!

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare!!

:)
Ahso!

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by Ahso! »

rajakrsna;1388873 wrote: MY SWEET LORD - YouTubeDid you know George Harrison was sued because of that song?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
rajakrsna

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by rajakrsna »

Ahso!;1389084 wrote: Did you know George Harrison was sued because of that song?

It`s alright, friend. What`s important GH got his message across the millions of Hare Krishna devotees.
Ahso!

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by Ahso! »

rajakrsna;1389085 wrote: It`s alright, friend. What`s important GH got his message across the millions of Hare Krishna devotees.That song was written for the already inspired and not meant as a calling to new believers?

For the heck of it here's the song that George inadvertently copied.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
rajakrsna

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by rajakrsna »

I wonder why the record He`s So Fine by the Chiffons did not became a hit. The ladies should have inserted Hare Krishna in that song, " He`s so fine..Hare Krishna.. He`s so fine.. Hare Krishna.. He`s so fine.. Hare Krishna." :)
Ahso!

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by Ahso! »

rajakrsna;1389155 wrote: I wonder why the record He`s So Fine by the Chiffons did not became a hit. The ladies should have inserted Hare Krishna in that song, " He`s so fine..Hare Krishna.. He`s so fine.. Hare Krishna.. He`s so fine.. Hare Krishna." :)It was a hit in the early 60's I believe.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
rajakrsna

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by rajakrsna »

Ahso!;1389157 wrote: It was a hit in the early 60's I believe.

If it was a hit, I doubt if I were GH copy that song. Right?
Ahso!

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by Ahso! »

rajakrsna;1389159 wrote: If it was a hit, I doubt if I were GH copy that song. Right?He had apparently heard it but forgot. His copying it wasn't intentional.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
rajakrsna

My Bhakti-yoga view

Post by rajakrsna »

Ahso!;1389161 wrote: He had apparently heard it but forgot. His copying it wasn't intentional.

The unintentional, my dear friend, tattooed my mind that I never became sound again.

Return to “Eastern Religions”