I wanna gain weight

l.plates

I wanna gain weight

Post by l.plates »

HI

A lot of posts here about loosing weight, but what about those of us like me who weighs in at a meesley 6@ 1/2 stone eats like a horse but never puts an ounce on let alone a pound or two.

I' fed up being so small, at work they think I'm anorexic But I'm not, I get fed up with the remarks " hey dont turn sideways you'll fall down the crack in the floor"

SO come on any good Put ON weight diets out there?

Cheers

l.plates :-5 :-5 :-5
MzInterpret

I wanna gain weight

Post by MzInterpret »

My hubby went on a weight gain programme. He followed pretty much the advice given on this website here, but he didn't use their products. Instead he chose the EAS products.

It took him 3 months, but he did it. Healthy eating, exercise and body building are the crucial steps. You can't leave those out!
Nomad

I wanna gain weight

Post by Nomad »

There are several products that will give you rapid weight gain. Boost is one another is I think called Shake. They both have vitamins and minerals. 2 a day for a month should add significant weight.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

I wanna gain weight

Post by chonsigirl »

Gosh, you will hate my advice. I lost a lot of weight without trying, and to keep myself stabilized I have a high caloric intake-sugar! Those candy bars help me feel better, and weigh the same. Of course, you can eat those healthy kinds if you want to.
RedGlitter

I wanna gain weight

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm overweight so I don't have any healthy tips for you but I do think it's pretty rude of people to say that to you. I realize in this society we value skinny people over fat ones but do people ever stop to think that maybe those remarks hurt a thinner person's feelings just like fat jokes hurt ours? :confused:
Accountable

I wanna gain weight

Post by Accountable »

Tone up.

I don't know the context of the remarks - whether it's friends' good-natured & envious ribbing or people showing true concern because your elbow joints are larger than your arms. Either way, hitting the gym (or whatever will suffice within your budget) will tone your muscles and improve your physique.

I'll bet a dollar (Canadian not US as I'm not rich) that if you posted a pic you'd find more appreciation here than not.
Accountable

I wanna gain weight

Post by Accountable »

flopstock wrote: While you folks are looking around, see if you can find anything to make me taller..'kay? Find that and i figure the weight will distribute more evenly...
That's easy! They have this steel framework around your leg then secure it to your leg bone with screws. Then they break your leg and adjust the frame to stretch it just a little. As the leg heals they break & stretch - break & stretch - break & stretch - you get the picture. Before you know it, you've gained several centimeters! :-6
chonsigirl

I wanna gain weight

Post by chonsigirl »

Yuchy!

And Ouchy!
Accountable

I wanna gain weight

Post by Accountable »

chonsigirl wrote: Yuchy!

And Ouchy!
They do that to help dwarves out. :(
chonsigirl

I wanna gain weight

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, what horible pain they must have, in their journey to be larger.:(

And I thought the idea of orthodontists was bad enough.....................
l.plates

I wanna gain weight

Post by l.plates »

Hi all

Thanks for all the great advice, so now I'm on a see food and eat it diet, I looked in at a gym/fitness studio at my local sports centre, wow those weights are sure heavy, not only do I need some weight but Iv had to find some muscle too?

Snooze Control Iv hit 40 + but there was no poof.

Far Rider the push ups yer fine but the sit ups my legs wont stay on the floor, I end up in this V shape, my daughter tried holding my legs down but ended up getting kicked under the chin HA HA.

Well wether I gain weight or not with all your idears, its sure causing some fun and laughs here.

Cheers all :wah: :wah: :wah:
chonsigirl

I wanna gain weight

Post by chonsigirl »

Eat good stuff, and eat some more! Order some pizza right away for us for lunchtime! I want pepperonis, please.:)
l.plates

I wanna gain weight

Post by l.plates »

Far Rider wrote: hahahah... slide your feet under the couch and have your daughter sit on it! ahahaha...poor thing!

oh and please call me Far.... and PM me once in a while so I can flirt with ya!;)

OK Hi Far

The couch idear worked, my daughter sighed with relief, and her chin is feeling better.

PM never been there OK I,ll give it ago
Cupid

I wanna gain weight

Post by Cupid »

I'm light as a feather.......................
Ruth

I wanna gain weight

Post by Ruth »

I too am under the average weight for my height, 50 kilos or about 7.2 stones. Your genes determine your build, all you can do is to see that you maintain your weight, which I find rather difficult as I get older.

Breakfast is very important and stimulates the appetite for the rest of the day. Eat cheese as a snack in the evening, after dinner. Icecream and creamy desserts help. Drink full-fat milk.

As for the remarks, I am staggered by the impudence of people who feel free to comment on my body. Last year two of my colleagues got carried away in doing this: one actually pulled a disgust/horror expression and shouted, "oh god, you have lost even more weight!", actually touching me, pulling my blouse at the back to reveal my waist and hips. I exploded, asked her how she dare to make such rude and personal remarks and suggested she inspect her own fat arse in the mirror. The result was two deeply embarrassed colleagues who apologised unreservedly.

Don't forget jealousy is a factor: I look great, wear British size 36 clothes (sometimes a 34 in trousers) and am active and healthy, very low cholesterol levels, blood pressure fantastic.:)
weeder

I wanna gain weight

Post by weeder »

While your trying to gain weight... still pick foods that wont destroy your health. Look at a list of things that dieters arent supposed to eat, and pick some of those like nuts, whole milk, peanut butter, potatoes, unlinited whole grain breads etc.... While your trying, be grateful that your thin. Lot more health problems associated with being over weight. And buying clothes is such a drag when a person is heavy. Ignore the negative comments about your size. Many of the people observing you, probobly wish they had your "problem"
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Rapunzel

I wanna gain weight

Post by Rapunzel »

Far Rider wrote: ummm snooze.... dear, what exactly does "POOF" look like? :)

:wah: :wah:
Rapunzel

I wanna gain weight

Post by Rapunzel »

l.plates wrote: HI

A lot of posts here about loosing weight, but what about those of us like me who weighs in at a meesley 6@ 1/2 stone eats like a horse but never puts an ounce on let alone a pound or two.

I' fed up being so small, at work they think I'm anorexic But I'm not, I get fed up with the remarks " hey dont turn sideways you'll fall down the crack in the floor"

Cheers

l.plates :-5

Hi hunny,

I'm MORE than happy to go to the doctors with you.

I'll have lots of liposuction and the nice doctor can inject all those wonderful cuddly fat cells into you!

Then I'll have your figure and you'll have mine!

Problem solved! :wah: :wah:
l.plates

I wanna gain weight

Post by l.plates »

Rapunzel wrote: Hi hunny,

I'm MORE than happy to go to the doctors with you.

I'll have lots of liposuction and the nice doctor can inject all those wonderful cuddly fat cells into you!

Then I'll have your figure and you'll have mine!

Problem solved! :wah: :wah:

Very good, but couldnt afford it, these excersises worked a little gained a whopping whole 2lb. or then again one of the kids has fiddled with the scales.

But then again as others on the forum have said what does it matter, you are who you are, I'm healthy and fit so what the hell.
Jackal

I wanna gain weight

Post by Jackal »

SnoozeControl wrote: I don't know how old you are, but I was skinny as a rail my whole life until I hit 40 and POOF! Enjoy the time you're thin and can eat whatever you want, it ends for most of us soon enough.:(You've got that right Snooze! I weighed 175lbs when I graduated from high school and now that I'm in my 40's I've hit 235lbs.:-1
Ken Dockins

I wanna gain weight

Post by Ken Dockins »

Dear I.Pilates…

I thought about your words here and wrote a response. The result is rather lengthy. So, I'll just post it in three parts to you, perhaps one each day starting today:

Now, here it is...

Each of the posts here give you a small part of the total picture you will need to gain weight successfully. All hearts appear to be in the right place, and the suggestions, though varied, do possess pieces of one common theme. Since you now have so many different alternatives (and sometimes the hard part is just making a choice, especially when the options are so varied)… please allow me to take you back to the basics again.

Gaining weight is a matter of achieving a daily POSITIVE energy balance. This only means that, at the end of the day, the calories you’ve EXPENDED are GREATER than the calories you’ve taken IN. There are 9,000 ways to say this, but the essence essentially never changes.

Here is your solution. First, it sounds like you are uniquely “gifted” with a high resting metabolic rate. This only means that the energy you expend while doing almost nothing at all is still a very considerably high amount. Nature will slow it down for you; so don’t worry about that one too much. Where your rare challenge lies is in putting on the pounds IN SPITE of your high-energy output ability.

There are basically only TWO things you’ll have to do:

A) Pack on the Pounds with Food. (And, I should tell you now - most weight loss candidates will envy you for being able to choose such a task.)

B) Lift “whole-body” weights, using the 8-repetition, 3-sets, slow-lift principle.

I’ll explain these two above for you shortly. Yet, first, let me tell you that the importance of proper “mind-set,” fortunately, is gaining appreciation amongst weight management, health, and fitness performers. Not enough can be said about its unique relationship to fitness success. Be sure you devote equal time to it, as well as the two items above, and the remaining items you discover below.

Now, to Pack on the Pounds with Food… in essence, this is simplistic and straightforward. But instead of having a candidate go on a wild food hunt, I take the initiative to research and report best findings on high or low calorie healthy meal suggestions that accurately match and can help you reach your stated goal.

Take a good look at the following sample food intake suggestion:

Breakfast

8 oz egg whites = 120 calories

4 oz oatmeal = 64

8 oz 1% milk = 12.5

1/4 oz olive oil = 62.5

Mid-Morning Snack

8 oz or more, weight gainer protein shake = 792

Lunch

2 oz skinless chicken breast = 94

4 oz baked potato (with skin) = 104

4 oz of broccoli = 40

1/2 oz sunflower oil = 125

Mid-Afternoon Snack

4 oz or more, weight gainer protein shake = 396

Dinner

5 oz. water packed tuna = 165

6 oz brown rice = 186

2 oz mixed vegetables = 36

1/8 oz flax seed oil = 31

Mid-Night Snack

4 oz or more, weight gainer protein shake = 396

TOTAL CALORIES = 2621 PER DAY

Okay for packing on the pounds with food, right? You can adjust these numbers upward or downward to suit your lifestyle. (But do not INCREASE the fat content.)

That's part one of three. Look for part two tomorrow. Hope this can help you.

Sincerely,

K e n
Nomad

I wanna gain weight

Post by Nomad »

Ho Ho's arent in the equation ? :-3
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

I wanna gain weight

Post by chonsigirl »

I'm with Nomad, sugar packs on the weight-that's how I keep my weight stable.

Snickers, ice cream, etc.
DesignerGal

I wanna gain weight

Post by DesignerGal »

Eat at McDonalds.

HBIC
Ken Dockins

I wanna gain weight

Post by Ken Dockins »

Hi, Mr. Pilates...

Hope you received and read Part One of my 3-part "weight gain" solution. (By the way, in previous post, please change the word GREATER, to FEWER. It means that for GAINING weight, calories expended should be fewer than calories taken in.)

Here is Part Two:

Now, let’s move onto “Lifting Whole-Body Weights Using the 8-Repetition, 3-Set, Slow-Lift principle:

Whether you’re new or highly experienced at weightlifting, again, I urge you to return your focus back to the basics because they work. To gain weight (particularly, build new muscle layers and thicken existing ones) you do NOT want to RUSH through as many power lifts as you can, as fast as you can. In fact, you want to do the opposite. You’re not trying to show off your skills to anyone in particular, just get bigger, in a controlled, safe, and efficient manner.

With that purpose in mind, lift “next-to-the-heaviest” weight you can successfully handle without pain or undue fatigue. Lift it using virtually all of your muscle groups together, rather than isolating, let’s say, just your arms, or just your legs, for example. A squat is a good example of a complete leg exercise, as a bench press is a good example of an all-around upper body exercise. There are many, for example, a clean-and-press uses hands, arms, legs, back, abs, chest, shoulders… all in one basic movement.

Anyway, take your time during each lift. Use the allotted 1.5 or so complete seconds for each phase of the lift. In other words, take about a second or slightly more to push the weight to extension, and another second or so to return it to near-starting position.

Now, only do one set of “8” slow repetitions. When you finish that, gauge how you feel. Generally, you should be able to go for another set, yet the second set is supposed to be just a little bit more challenging. Ditto, for your third set, when you’re ready for it. With the right weight amount, three sets maximum is normally enough.

Use great care to never change your pace, rhythm, or speed during each matching phase of the lift. In other words, keep steady on the way up, and equally steady on the way down. Your muscles will thank you for this approach, and you will literally “see” development start to take place within only days. It’s a matter of choosing the most balanced weight amount at your startup.

When do you increase the weight you’re lifting? Increase the weight, only by about 5 pounds, when your third and final set ever becomes “easy to handle.” Or, you can increase (only by 5 pounds for that day) when the total effort perceived during the entire three sets seems too “easy to handle.” It’s perfectly okay to reach such a point. In fact, that is your goal because each time your weight feels “easier to handle,” your muscles have escalated to a slightly larger size with firmer and shapelier definition as well.

You feel the natural need to pack on more food as this is occurring. Also you find that these two items work well together and they go hand in hand. That is, more food, more muscle, more muscle, more food. You will be getting thicker, and larger, and stronger, too, plus more relaxed. Don’t forget to work on your flexibility, as there is nearly no limitation on this important fitness and weight management component.

Continue to cover points A and B above as you steadily progress toward even more positive energy balance.

(I'll send Part-Three, the final piece, in tomorrow's post.)
Nomad

I wanna gain weight

Post by Nomad »

Mr Dockins, Im afraid your failing to find the humor here. Cmon, mashed potatos ??? Get it ? pbbth
I AM AWESOME MAN
Ken Dockins

I wanna gain weight

Post by Ken Dockins »

Hey, again, I.Pilates...

As promised, here's part three of three, on how to gain weight when you're too skinny:

To conclude:

Here is a recap comprising four major things you need to successfully reach and complete your desired goal of gaining “x” pounds of new, lean body tissue:

One = ample financial resources. Your solution calls for increased muscle mass (“hypertrophy”), which involves preserving/sparing existing lean body tissue, building new lean tissue by allowing carbohydrate to be utilized as your primary energy fuel source. You will need to repeatedly purchase large containers of a reliable “weight gainer’s” type formula. Such formulas are expensive. They are normally high in protein, yet even higher in carbohydrates. (And, if you can find one that already includes essential fatty acids, all the better.)

Two = a mindset that includes both balance and patience. This gives you even more ability to relax both your body and your thought systems. The ability to rest is important for building muscle, especially on recovery days. I have documented countless numbers of people who have difficulty gaining weight, to also have not physical, but “emotional” overzealousness. In other words, it is unknowingly difficult for them to sit down and just relax for any length of time.

The minds of such individuals almost always appear to be preoccupied with unrelated thoughts, and they exhibit a kind of “anxiousness” that adds very little, if any, power to their ability to progress through their workouts, especially when things take a long time. Not saying this is the case for all, but when it’s present, it does not appear to be beneficial to the specific goal of gaining muscle. They often remain lean and strong, but cannot build. Balance and flexibility are necessary elements that help complete your muscle-training program.

Three = access to complete and preferably unlimited weightlifting and other workout equipment. You will need to address the eight MAJOR muscle groups, in a specific and almost simultaneous fashion, so as not to engage in “overtraining” individual body parts. Your equipment or training environment needs to support your ability to train slowly and wholly. Too much training tears body tissue down. You want to build it up, increasingly, gradually, and safely.

Four = increased understanding of both metabolic processes. Revisiting the principles of “Negative” and “Positive” energy balance can only help you here. In fact, you can go ahead and put the main thought of it back into the center of your consciousness right now because it applies to almost all weight management endeavors regardless of gaining, losing, or maintaining. The focal point is, Energy-In (food eaten) minus Energy-Out (all activity performed) equals Energy-Balance (your current body weight). There’s magic in this formula that virtually anyone can utilize. Yet, the concept requires some quiet time for reflection.
Nomad

I wanna gain weight

Post by Nomad »

Mr Dockins. I will not be ignored. I implore you to respond to the mashed potato comment please.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Ken Dockins

I wanna gain weight

Post by Ken Dockins »

Hey, guys, thanks for indicating your interest in my response.

Certainly don't mean to ignore anyone. Truth is, time for posting here is limited because I service many weight loss and fitness clients via my online site at Better-Body.Biz.

Anyway, about MASHED POTATOES, especially right before bedtime...

Not really a bad idea at heart it seems, right? However, if you want to know the "real deal," mashed potatoes are actually a low-carb, no-fat, low protein, and low-calorie snack when eaten whole, cooked by roasting, broiling, or baking.

Pretty harmless in that way. Yet, the trick to look out for is the added condiments... butter, sugar, sweet seasonings, salts, creams, oils, etc. The potato in itself is actually good for you when you incorporate it wisely.

As for eating it at bedtime, truthfully, your digestive cycle is a 24-hour system, and the time you eat your foods does not matter as importantly as WHAT TYPE of food you eat, and what type of EXERCISE you perform.

Any and all foods that move you beyond your present daily caloric intake, sad to say, will be transformed, very smartly, by your ever-so-intelligent body, into excess fat.

My original comment is to the gentleman (or lady) who is too thin and wants to gain weight. Potatoes won't actually do it because they are too low in calories.

When a person is already too thin and wants to gain weight, the smartest eating option is to incorporate foods that contain much higher protein amounts. Secondly, larger carb amounts will also be required because they supply the actual fuel for the work of building muscle.

Okay, hope this helps, and see you soon.

K e n
l.plates

I wanna gain weight

Post by l.plates »

Thanks Ken, As for the mashed Potatoe I eat ton's of the stuff in a variety of ways,

Cheesey Tate

Cheese & onion Tate

Cheese, Onion and Tomartoe Tate

Corned Beef Hash

Jacket Tate and Baked Beans or cheese

Fried tate with left over veg (Got a name But I cannot Think of it)

I'm just a potatoe addict

L.Plates
chrisb84uk

I wanna gain weight

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh you sound just like me, I LOVE potatoes, especially jacket potatoes with cheese and other toppings!!! :yh_drool
Kerry Pendel

I wanna gain weight

Post by Kerry Pendel »

The best weight control, diet and exercise info that I've

ever found is at:classifaqs.com
Ken Dockins

I wanna gain weight

Post by Ken Dockins »

Greetings, I.Plates...

I never heard back from you regarding your wish to put on some extra pounds.

Have you reached your desired body weight yet?

In today's world, your request is a truly unique one because most people are indicating a strong desire to conquer excess, unwanted weight conditions.

Please get back to me, and let me know how you're progressing.

Now, I also have a favor to ask you. And, I've

written the following letter to all my friends

and colleagues at ForumGarden:

Dear Friends at ForumGarden:

May I ask a favor of you all?

Please post a comment to my writings on

the EzineArticles dot com site.

In return, I do pledge my appropriate assistance

to you in Health-and-Fitness or Weight-Loss

matters, including alternative complementary

nutrition, body composition or body fat percentage

improvements, diet, exercise, and ongoing weight

management information and technique.

Hundreds of people are beginning to pick up on

these articles and information. Plus, I just received

the promotion to Expert E-Zine Articles Author status.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and as

always, my best to you.

Sincerely,

Kenneth G. Dockins

(P.S.) You can easily do the above by typing

"EzineArticles Dockins" without the quotes

and no capitalization needed into any

popular search engine. Click on the first link you

receive, which gives you a list of my articles. Click

on any article that suits you, read it, and click on

"Post A Comment."

That's it, and thanks again. Please let me know

if you need further assistance or information.

Here are some of the names of my articles:

* Hoodia, Fat and Calories - The Unique Weight Loss Connection

* Internet Marketing to Increase Web Site Traffic

* Weight Loss Diet Plan Health Food Delivery Services

* Hoodia Gordoni Diet Pills (Really "Hoodia Gordonii")

* 3 Simple Steps To Lose Body Fat

* Weight Loss Winning Weight Words About Hoodia Gordonii Diet Pills

* Bigger Breasts Naturally

* Weight Loss Clarity Still Confusing

* Three Steps to Technological Weight Loss Success

* 30-Minute Weight Loss Exercise Proves Most Effective
thomasmite996

I wanna gain weight

Post by thomasmite996 »

Weight gain is also difficult as weight loss. Use fat full of protein foods items.

Eat fish, chicken, meat, Egg etc mostly.

Take 2 hour rest after eating.

Save energy by doing less work.

Eat twice time in a day...
lucasluis

I wanna gain weight

Post by lucasluis »

There are some best ways to your gain weight. Drink plenty of green tea, Eat lots of fruit, preferably before your meals, You need to so Exercise regularly, Avoid Oily and healthy foods, Regular use of salads and vegetables.
[signature removed by moderator]
Saint_

I wanna gain weight

Post by Saint_ »

l.plates;216629 wrote:

Yes....move to America. Eat our food. Enjoy our lifestyle. Instant obesity.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”