I Am An Auntie - And I Need Help

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
AuntieC

Post by AuntieC »

... ... ...

I believe I posted in the wrong area.
koan

Post by koan »

So many children die from drowning in swimming pools. It's horrible and preventable and but by no means an indication that the parents were irresponsible. Usually the kid is only out of sight for about 5 minutes. Even if the pool is fenced the gate can end up being left open for that crucial 5 minutes.

I think you need to try and grieve your nephew separately from your feelings towards your sister. It could have happened even if you'd been the one watching over him. If you choose to blame your sister directly for his death, you'll likely do more harm to everyone. Anger is a natural part of grieving and we want to blame someone for the loss. Perhaps you could focus on grieving and try not to come to conclusions until you're further from the pain.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Did AuntieC erase her post?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

AnneBoleyn;1387306 wrote: Did AuntieC erase her post?It appears so and she has of yet not re-posted in another area of the forum so either she's giving koan's response to her OP a good think or she may come back...
koan

Post by koan »

could be she just didn't get the reply she was looking for.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I wonder if someone sent a helpful PM telling her she posted in the wrong area and she deleted her post in embarrassment and just left.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

SnoozeAgain;1387351 wrote: I wonder if someone sent a helpful PM telling her she posted in the wrong area and she deleted her post in embarrassment and just left.

Judging by the very first sentence in response to her post being "So many children die from drowning in swimming pools." I doubt telling her to piss off to another thread would have been very helpful.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Er... yeah, that "helpful" was meant as sarcasm. I didn't realize I should have put it in italics or something.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

SnoozeAgain;1387435 wrote: Er... yeah, that "helpful" was meant as sarcasm. I didn't realize I should have put it in italics or something.Sorry, I hadn't realized you didn't read the thread before posting...
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I did read the thread and I don't see why this is so confusing for you.

Return to “Introductions”