Explain Your User Name

A place to explain or ask another member to explain the meaning behind their avatar.
Odie

Explain Your User Name

Post by Odie »

farmer giles;1199949 wrote: more than one person has said i'm a pain in the arse so cockney ryming slang for piles is ...... farmer giles :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

where are those people......Odie will deal with them!:sneaky::lips:
Life is just to short for drama.
M.A.S

Explain Your User Name

Post by M.A.S »

M.A.S :

M= Mohammad ((my first name))

A= Ahmad ((my father's name))

S=Al-Salamah ((my family name))
I miss you Odie
Odie

Explain Your User Name

Post by Odie »

M.A.S;1307117 wrote: M.A.S :

M= Mohammad ((my first name))

A= Ahmad ((my father's name))

S=Al-Salamah ((my family name))

that's very touching!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
beowulf

Explain Your User Name

Post by beowulf »

beowulf has been my username at so many places for so long its just natural i use it when i sign up somewhere

but the reason is only a little bit to do with the old english poem of Beowulf

the first forum i joined about 5 years ago (and am still an active member of) i didnt think i would stay at....forums were new to me back then....i was signing up just to have a proper look round, didnt think i would stay.............when it got to the username bit of the registration i didnt know what to put..............i was re-reading some of my fave novels by Larry Niven at the time.........one of his reoccuring charecters is called beowulf Shaeffer so i used that as i couldnt think of anything better.........of course Niven draws heavily of Grendle lore in some of his books :D............but the name has stuck ever since
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Explain Your User Name

Post by G#Gill »

I don't think I've posted on this thread yet!

My name is Gill, and when I was regularly on CB radio back in the 80's my 'handle' was G# (G sharp), # because I am quite musical, but I'm not flat :wah:, so on here I thought I'd just add my name Gill ! :p That was enthralling wasn't it ?:yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
beowulf

Explain Your User Name

Post by beowulf »

G#Gill;1307274 wrote: when I was regularly on CB radio back in the 80's my 'handle' was G# (G sharp),l

good grief...those were the days :yh_rotfl
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Explain Your User Name

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1307283 wrote: good grief...those were the days :yh_rotfl

I've still got my gear, and if I felt like it I could set up my station again, but I don't know how many folk still use CB radio. The reason I packed it in was all the wallies and 'bucket-mouths' that were ruining it for everybody! Just got so fed up with them all! :mad:
beowulf

Explain Your User Name

Post by beowulf »

it got ruined when fm got legalised...........all the fun went out of it then :wah:

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Explain Your User Name

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1307302 wrote: it got ruined when fm got legalised...........all the fun went out of it then :wah:

Yep, and also the price dropped, which put CB in an affordable position for the young toe-rags to buy. Were you in Nottingham area then? If so what was your handle good bud! :wah:
Limey

Explain Your User Name

Post by Limey »

No idea what I was thinking to be honest... Maybe it's because you got a lot of green going on around here...
Cascadian

Explain Your User Name

Post by Cascadian »

I chose "Cascadian" because I live west of the Cascade Mountains near Olympia, Washington -- the WET side (which is why we're known as the Evergreen State).

But I also chose that name (and flag avatar) because I might become a citizen of a new country! (Tongue is planted firmly in cheek here...)

The Republic of Cascadia would bring together Washington State, Oregon and British Columbia. Proponents of the new country (which has little chance of ever becoming a reality) say the approximately 14 million residents of "Cascadia" should demand their freedom from the oppressive governments of Canada and the U.S. "For too long have our people put up with indifference ... from distant seats of power," they write on the Republic of Cascadia website. Supporters point to the words of Thomas Jefferson, who apparently never intended that the U.S. reach all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

Abundant in both natural and industrial resources, home to giant corporations like Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks and Nike, and host to the Hollywood of the North (Vancouver), the country would likely prosper. Socially, it would probably be one of the most liberal countries in the world. While conservatives call much of the rural eastern side of Washington and Oregon home, liberals inhabit the much-larger cities of Seattle, Portland and Vancouver, where all things eco-friendly and organic reign supreme.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 73,00.html
koan

Explain Your User Name

Post by koan »

My username is likely viewed as: what is the sound of one girl laughing? Though it started out as a friend telling me I was living a koan and she typoed so it read that I was a living koan.
Accountable

Explain Your User Name

Post by Accountable »

koan;1386934 wrote: My username is likely viewed as: what is the sound of one girl laughing? Though it started out as a friend telling me I was living a koan and she typoed so it read that I was a living koan.:-2
tabby

Explain Your User Name

Post by tabby »

I guess this is as good a time as any to confess ... I'm not really a tabby. I know, I know ... it was wrong of me to keep up the pretense as long as I did but now it's out in the open and I feel better. When I joined the forum, I looked around the room for inspiration for a user name and there she was ... all orange and fluffy ... I couldn't help myself!

Here's the REAL tabby:

Oscar Namechange

Explain Your User Name

Post by Oscar Namechange »

tabby;1386953 wrote: I guess this is as good a time as any to confess ... I'm not really a tabby. I know, I know ... it was wrong of me to keep up the pretense as long as I did but now it's out in the open and I feel better. When I joined the forum, I looked around the room for inspiration for a user name and there she was ... all orange and fluffy ... I couldn't help myself!

Here's the REAL tabby:

Awwwwww She Is beautiful !!!!

Have you seen my Oscar ?

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
tabby

Explain Your User Name

Post by tabby »

Oh he's a beaut, Oscar! Is he a Persian? He looks like he wouldn't take any guff from anyone!
Oscar Namechange

Explain Your User Name

Post by Oscar Namechange »

tabby;1386956 wrote: Oh he's a beaut, Oscar! Is he a Persian? He looks like he wouldn't take any guff from anyone!

Yes, he's a pedigree Persian. He does take a lot of guff. Our younger dog gives him hell and he just puts up with It.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
koan

Explain Your User Name

Post by koan »

Accountable;1386948 wrote: :-2
koan: a question not meant to be answered... like "what is the sound of one hand clapping?"
AnneBoleyn

Explain Your User Name

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"what is the sound of one hand clapping?"
Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! I can demonstrate, if you'd like to visit me.
Chloe_88

Explain Your User Name

Post by Chloe_88 »

Chloe was one of my "optional" baby names. It was what i was going to be called, but mum&dad changed their mind to their other option.
larrydriver

Explain Your User Name

Post by larrydriver »

Name "Larry" Mean You always bring to completion anything you start. You are generous but like to see returns from your giving. You have an executive ability, you are a leader. You are moral, balanced, honest and intellectual, and you may attain spirituality. You are wise and practical with an appreciation of beauty. You always think before you act.You are bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. You know what you want and why you want it.
CailinRua

Explain Your User Name

Post by CailinRua »

It's Irish for 'redhaired girl'. Which I am. And Irish.
You need a crazy mind just to stay alive.

Return to “Explain Your Avatar!”