Print your desktop

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
M.A.S

Print your desktop

Post by M.A.S »

Hi FG members :)

I'm sharing my desktop with you guys, it's kind of exciting :guitarist

if you like the background, you can save it :o

it's your turn, share yours
I miss you Odie
Odie

Print your desktop

Post by Odie »

That is really nice, way to go!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Snooz

Print your desktop

Post by Snooz »

Ahso!

Print your desktop

Post by Ahso! »

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
M.A.S

Print your desktop

Post by M.A.S »

Odie;1356373 wrote: That is really nice, way to go!:guitarist

Thanks Odie :-4 , and don't forget to share yours

SnoozeAgain;1356375 wrote:

that's cool back ground snoozeagain :D the little kitty is so cute :driving:

thanks for sharing
I miss you Odie
M.A.S

Print your desktop

Post by M.A.S »

Ahso!;1356381 wrote:

WOW ! nice background you got there, I used to be an Ubuntu user but now I'm back to Windows 7 :-6.. sometimes I use linux cause I have two operation systems on my laptop..

thanks for sharing Ahso
I miss you Odie
CARLA

Print your desktop

Post by CARLA »

Mine..

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

Print your desktop

Post by spot »

We're all different, by the look of it.

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Print your desktop

Post by Snooz »

Wow spot, what a fireball you are.
spot

Print your desktop

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1356409 wrote: Wow spot, what a fireball you are.

If you're implying I lag behind the times, all I can say is that ICQ is still a perfectly functional protocol. And much used in the ex-Soviet Union. "Find me on ICQ:390123211, Comrade", as they say.

You might give me credit for running a 72GB hard drive, I paid good money for that. Well... okay, I got it from a binned computer, but even so. That's like massive, bro.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Print your desktop

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mine? Try :-

Attached files
M.A.S

Print your desktop

Post by M.A.S »

CARLA;1356404 wrote: Mine..

hey Carla :D cool desktop with all your stuff around :p

spot;1356406 wrote: We're all different, by the look of it.

Looks like you're using Fedora, right?

also, do you use any programing language?

thanks for sharing spot :driving:

Bryn Mawr;1356411 wrote: Mine? Try :-

hahahaah :yh_rotfl, nice try

I noticed that 60% of you're using windows (3 out of 5) and the rest are using Ubuntu which is interesting fact :thinking:
I miss you Odie
spot

Print your desktop

Post by spot »

M.A.S;1356415 wrote: Looks like you're using Fedora, right?Slackware. Which just issued Release Candidate 3 so in a week or so I'll have an upgrade. I'm not sure I can distinguish a distribution just from the GUI but what I see on my screen is a windows manager called xfce. I use that because it doesn't insist on doing very much.

"Do you use any programing language"? I'm coding in php and Javascript at the moment. I made my living at it for a few years. There's several programmers on FG, some rustier than others.
M.A.S

Print your desktop

Post by M.A.S »

spot;1356419 wrote: Slackware. Which just issued Release Candidate 3 so in a week or so I'll have an upgrade. I'm not sure I can distinguish a distribution just from the GUI but what I see on my screen is a windows manager called xfce. I use that because it doesn't insist on doing very much.

"Do you use any programing language"? I'm coding in php and Javascript at the moment. I made my living at it for a few years. There's several programmers on FG, some rustier than others.

that's interesting :-2 , you know, these programs rocks and have a lot of application in Engineering and management stuff.

I used to code in Fortran and little C++.. I made a project in Fortran which is simple data-base that can be used in a university registrar office.

I miss you Odie
Bryn Mawr

Print your desktop

Post by Bryn Mawr »

M.A.S;1356420 wrote: that's interesting :-2 , you know, these programs rocks and have a lot of application in Engineering and management stuff.

I used to code in Fortran and little C++.. I made a project in Fortran which is simple data-base that can be used in a university registrar office.

Second language I learnt was Fortran II - useful for it speciality and it helped to bring out structure after the machine code I was used to (Simple on a Stantec Zebra) but I never found much to use it on in a real world sense - always had a more appropriate language to use.
aliza.wine

Print your desktop

Post by aliza.wine »

I cant post mine here.. Too bad. :(
Biyu

Print your desktop

Post by Biyu »

I don't use my desktop that often I use my iPhone the most lol second to that is my iPad then my craptop with Ubuntu my mac mini (with snow leopard) and my craptop with 7 (what it was shipped with) and yes I have enough computers that they are named lol

My craptop-Ubuntu has a wallpaper that I made with art rage (can find if you like?) the mini has an apple "think different" wallpaper the Ubuntu looks as much like mac as I could get it (much like 7 and vista did and lol xp does) yea I love mac lol I don't recall my 7 wallpaper ATM tho the iPhone has a splattery apple background lol the lock screen that's a rip Steve (it just works I think) one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spot

Print your desktop

Post by spot »

I seem to have added the day and year to my display clock but apart from that mine's not changed. The wallpaper, not that you can see it in the snapshot, is the same bluey-green mix. Snooze will no doubt mock some more, the brute.

Attached files
spot

Print your desktop

Post by spot »

Biyu;1386353 wrote: I don't use my desktop that often I use my iPhone the most lol second to that is my iPad then my craptop with Ubuntu my mac mini (with snow leopard) and my craptop with 7 (what it was shipped with) and yes I have enough computers that they are named lol

Presumably you use the iPhone when you're away from your desk. I'd find fewer screen pixels a distraction. I can't focus closer than around 15 inches either, so a laptop screen suits my eyes - I'm not going to start down the slippery slope of reading glasses.
tabby

Print your desktop

Post by tabby »

Here's mine! I change the wallpaper weekly ... maybe it's a girl thing. These two sites are where I get them from and I love the variety!

Computer wallpapers / wallbase.cc

Ecards, Free Online Greetings Cards, Birthday eCards, Printable Greeting Cards, Funny eCards and Animated Musical Cards at Blue Mountain

You can see the current one on my screen is the featured wallpaper on the Blue Mountain site.
LarsMac

Print your desktop

Post by LarsMac »

Well, here is mine. Simple. and yes, that pic is one I took.

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Print your desktop

Post by tabby »

Great photo! Where was it taken?
spot

Print your desktop

Post by spot »

tabby;1386505 wrote: Great photo! Where was it taken?

LarsMac has a pond feature in his back garden into which he occasionally pours milk for dramatic effect.
LarsMac

Print your desktop

Post by LarsMac »

tabby;1386505 wrote: Great photo! Where was it taken?

Cliffs near the Point Reyes Lighthouse.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “The Coffee Shop”