Compulsive Liars

Talk about the debates as they progress and after they conclude.
Nomad

Compulsive Liars

Post by Nomad »

koan;471372 wrote: I worked in a car dealership as the night receptionist while saving up for college. During that time, as you can imagine, I heard a lot of lies.

There are different types of liars but the compulsive liars are the most interesting. One of the salesmen, in particular, would practice lying whenever there were no customers around to perform it on. He would wander over to my desk, make himself a coffee (I didn't "do" coffee) and launch into a random spiel. It could be about anything, but usually something that made him look good. He'd finish his story and I'd look him and say "you're so full of ****" He'd start to get offended, then realise he'd been seen through him, and laugh. He'd always come back and try it again later. I never figured out if he thought he'd fool me next time or not but, once in a while, I'd tell him it was "a good one." It seems a good liar needs practice. It only surprised me that he was able to continue enjoying it so much.

I found an interesting article about an online co. that feeds info to consumers for the benefit of making an educated car purchase. They hired a writer to get a job in a car dealership for 3 months and then report his findings. Needless to say I was repulsed by the deception that goes on there.

The upside is you can now make a no haggle purchase in the best case scenario armed with dealer invoice info and knowing what your trade in is worth.
I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

Compulsive Liars

Post by koan »

Nomad;473522 wrote: I found an interesting article about an online co. that feeds info to consumers for the benefit of making an educated car purchase. They hired a writer to get a job in a car dealership for 3 months and then report his findings. Needless to say I was repulsed by the deception that goes on there.

The upside is you can now make a no haggle purchase in the best case scenario armed with dealer invoice info and knowing what your trade in is worth.

I didn't know that information was available. That's great.

I remember a long time ago they did an investigative report on automobile services. They sent a woman and a man into the same places separately and the woman always got charged more. The worst was a garage where they did all kinds of unnecessary work on her car.

I think the show was W-Five (Canadian thing?)
Biyu

Compulsive Liars

Post by Biyu »

buttercup;471516 wrote: My mum told a lot of lies when we were kids, so much so i actually do think she ended up not being able to tell what was true & what was not

It was pretty hard for us as she expected us to back the lies up, really shitty position to be in whilst your a kid

Liars irritate me now, probably because of that :mad:

I think I kinda know that --my mom too seems to be a compulsive liar from the "next time" that surprisingly never comes to her "forgetting" that the cats want something to drink too --it's just mind boggling at this point and it seems that because of it I'm FAR more honest then I think she ever will be

It's like if she isn't making an idiot look smart (just this morning [me] Ok I'm heading out I'm not taking any keys with me [her] ok don't lock the door-- can someone explain how I can lock the door withought keys?) she is lying --and because of her lies it can take a bit to get me to trust people and I do try to look for holes in stories and try to piece them together actually I have a story that as true as it is I know how rare and unbelievable it really is it was once common place as well to boot but because I know the possible perception I'm able to talk about it withought saying much at all giving people huge headaches it makes me happy to live where I do and lol makes me more fussy about where I'll move to and the best part? Talking with the one that helped it all happen even now it's about daily we talk it literally took me 2-3 months to believe what happened had infact happened even after seeing a report of it (one of my most treasured emails if im honest even tho I have it memorised) it still took a bit for me to believe --and I'll bet that factors into my not talking about as much it's special and I wanna keep it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Discuss”