The Irish are leaving Ireland..

Local news and happenings in Northern Ireland.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

RTÉ News: Highest emigration figures since 1995
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

I hope we aren't going to run out of potato's again!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

oscar;1245373 wrote: RTÉ News: Highest emigration figures since 1995

I'm still here .... I'm not leaving :sneaky:
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I honestly don't mean any disrespect here towards immigrants to new countries because that is how our nations sometimes survive. But, it is so sad to see citizens leaving their homeland because they cannot survive there due to lack of work, discrimination, etc.

My Dad was born outside of Nome, Alaska. His Dad was a wanderer, from Donegal, Ireland, in search of gold and discovered a spot fraction along the Kougarok River which is about 120 miles northeast of Nome. Dad and his Mom were sent home to Ireland because this was not a place for women and children at this time. When my Dad was 2 yrs. old he was kidnapped for $50,000 ransom money...that was a lot of money at that time. My grandfather even had a fort which he named after himself. I have pics of him with all of his crew with our family name on the structure.....very cool to see my grandfather's fort with his name atop...he standing proudly by with his crew and dog.

Dad return to the USA due to lack of work in Ireland. He tried living in Glasgow working in the shipyards, and then he finally joined his Father in NY.

He believes that he would have never, ever left his beautiful homeland of Ireland if he could have lived a good life there at the time. He left behind his brother and many loving relatives to venture on.....

I'm going to post 2 pics of my beloved Dad.at age 2 yrs., just before he was kidnapped in Nome, Alaska and a youtube of my favorite Dubliner Ronny Drew...RIP XX singing "In the Rare Old Times." I know 'times are a changing,' but it's sad to see how much Ireland has changed since I was a young girl:( The Dubliners were family friends of my Uncle Jim, and I've met them so many times.

My Dad in Alaska....

Here's a youtube of Ronnie Drew singing "In the Rare Old Times."

YouTube - The Dubliners - In The Rare Old Times
ballykellylass

Post by ballykellylass »

i have moved back to ireland from england and i love it here and dont intend to move from here
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

How is the situation? I remember flying over Ireland at night, a lot of little towns. It was very beautiful.
ballykellylass

Post by ballykellylass »

where i am it is so very peacefull some parts of n.ireland still have some trouble but its quietened down a lot over the years
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

ballykellylass;1385888 wrote: i have moved back to ireland from england and i love it here and dont intend to move from here Hi and welcome to the forum.

My Father was born In County Cork.... do you get there much?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
ballykellylass

Post by ballykellylass »

no im afriad i dont at the moment but i am hopeing to tour around ireland as im in northern ireland

Return to “Northern Ireland”