A Question To Free Your Mind.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

How old would you think you are if you didn’t know how old you are?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Depends.

When I wake in the morning I feel like 90.

During the day I feel like 25, until I try to do something that would be easy for a 25-year-old.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Lon

Post by Lon »

From the neck up I am 45.

From the hips to the neck I am 55.

From the hips to the thighs I am 60.

From the thighs to my feet I am 80
Delorean

Post by Delorean »

My mind thinks it's 21, my body thinks it's 45. My actual age lies somewhere in between.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

AGE??

I thought fine wine and champagne aged.

You mean we should be counting our years....OK. I will Never Grow Old!

It is not a number of years it is a place of spirit and mind.

Lady J
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

A lot of people (people at work, customers I talk to on the phone or just any person I meet on the street) think i'm a lot older then I actually am. Not because I have wrinkles or anything like that :yh_rotfl

but they say I "sound" a lot older. When I tell them i'm coming up 23 this month they reply: O my god, you're only a baby! :wah:

So I guess my minds age is about twice my actual age :wah:
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

jones jones;1374592 wrote: How old would you think you are if you didn’t know how old you are?

A baby. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jones jones;1374592 wrote: How old would you think you are if you didn’t know how old you are?

If we didn't know how old we were how would we understand the definition of "old"?

If we cannot use the word "old" as a definition then how do we associate our time spent living with our time left until death, and what would our answer imply if we were to guess what you wanted to hear?

If I lived to be 90 and another gentleman across the street lived to be 70 then wouldn't his 35 be the exact equivilant to my 45? If so how do we go about defining age exactly if there is a separation of 10 years between the formula used in the attempt to mutually understand the definition of "old"?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

When someone asks me how old I am "35" always comes into my head, then I have to calculate my actual age.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

K.Snyder;1382619 wrote: If we didn't know how old we were how would we understand the definition of "old"?

If we cannot use the word "old" as a definition then how do we associate our time spent living with our time left until death, and what would our answer imply if we were to guess what you wanted to hear?

If I lived to be 90 and another gentleman across the street lived to be 70 then wouldn't his 35 be the exact equivilant to my 45? If so how do we go about defining age exactly if there is a separation of 10 years between the formula used in the attempt to mutually understand the definition of "old"?

Must be like you said man cos I have no idea what you just said.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Ok, how about a question? A Question To Free Your Mind

Is it possible to get a 6% solution by mixing a 50% solution and a 10% solution? If so, how much of each is needed to get the 6% solution?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

K.Snyder;1382646 wrote: Ok, how about a question? A Question To Free Your Mind

Is it possible to get a 6% solution by mixing a 50% solution and a 10% solution? If so, how much of each is needed to get the 6% solution?

You have 12 black socks and 12 white socks mixed up in a drawer. You're up very early and it's too dark to tell them apart. What's the smallest number of socks you need to take out (blindly) to be sure of having a matching pair?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jones jones;1382647 wrote: You have 12 black socks and 12 white socks mixed up in a drawer. You're up very early and it's too dark to tell them apart. What's the smallest number of socks you need to take out (blindly) to be sure of having a matching pair?It's possible of to take two out and have a matching pair but to be 100% certain with 1 chance is 13. How did I do?

How about my question?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

K.Snyder;1382648 wrote: It's possible of to take two out and have a matching pair but to be 100% certain with 1 chance is 13. How did I do?

How about my question?

3 socks. If the first sock is black, the second one could be black, in which case you have a matching pair. If the second sock is white, the third sock will be either black and match the first sock, or white and match the second sock.

Still working on yours. I am not very good at figures.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jones jones;1382650 wrote: 3 socks. If the first sock is black, the second one could be black, in which case you have a matching pair. If the second sock is white, the third sock will be either black and match the first sock, or white and match the second sock.

Still working on yours. I am not very good at figures.Yeah but not if you keep placing the bastards back in the drawer...13 has always been my lucky number...:yh_bigsmi

Return to “Philosophy”