Service Dog Missing

A forum to discuss local issues in WV, VA, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, AR, LA, FL
tabby

Service Dog Missing

Post by tabby »

Service Dog Missing - The Farmville Herald - Farmville, VA

This story has been in our local news for a few weeks now and as always with these sort of situations, the hope of finding her dog is probably growing dimmer. It sounds as though she is remaining vigilant though and as all of the newspapers in several counties have run the story, maybe the increased awareness will lead someone to recognize the dog and provide a happy ending for this veteran. Fingers crossed!
Snooz

Service Dog Missing

Post by Snooz »

That's heartbreaking. Someone must have stolen the dog, she wouldn't have left on her own. I hope she's still alive.
Oscar Namechange

Service Dog Missing

Post by Oscar Namechange »

A lot of my US friends on Facebook have posted this.... so sad... I pray they will be reunited safe and well.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lady J

Service Dog Missing

Post by Lady J »

It is very sad and I too have followed Oscar's advice and sent it to my Facebook.

It does sound like she was picked up.:(

dogs have an uncanny thing about finding their way home and hopefully Tia will escape and return.

Tabby please keep us posted if any news shows up.

Lady J
tabby

Service Dog Missing

Post by tabby »

Update: A happy ending & a few mysteries! After being missing for 6 months, the service dog was found 3000 miles away in a California animal shelter. She was on the verge of being euthanized when an animal welfare worker came through and intuitively felt like there was more to this dog than her simply being an average stray. The story takes a few interesting steps from there and ultimately ends with Tia being reunited with her owner in Virginia. What are the odds? There's no telling how she ended up in California. If only she could say!

My dogs are all micro-chipped and it was my understanding that all shelters scan strays in an obvious effort to help find their owners. Why wasn't this dog scanned when first brought to the shelter? I was also under the impression that veterinarians also scan all new patients in case they have been stolen or missing. Does anyone know the process? Or is there no process and it's entirely up to each individual vet or organization?

Here's a link for an update which also provides additional links ~~~~~> REUNITED! SERVICE... | Facebook
Snooz

Service Dog Missing

Post by Snooz »

She was definitely picked up by someone. Glad to hear she was saved in the nick of time.

Return to “South East”