The First Breakfast of 2012

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Wondering what to fix? Have a few friends over? Try this!

This is a fun breakfast or brunch and very tasty as well. Jj shared this with me about 2 years ago and knowing Jones I thought it was a trick and the zip lock bag would melt and I would be left with a gooey mess.

I was wrong! It works and everyone can have what ever they want!

How To Make an Omelet in a Bag | Breakfast | Howcast.com

To all of Forum Garden JonesJones and I send vibes of a healthy, happy and awesome 2012!!

:D
tabby

Post by tabby »

I've seen this recipe before, Lady J but never tried it. I love scrambled eggs & omelets and really should give it a try sometime!

And best wishes for a happy 2012 to you too!

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Many thanks for the good wishes, but that is a boiled egg that is, not an omelet.

It may be palatable but it should never ever be called an omelet.

An omelet needs the taste of butter seared in a hot pan, must have three eggs and be soft inside while coloured outside, I could make a three egg omelet for you, JJ and myself, that is three omelets, before the pot boiled in your method.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

"I could make a three egg omelet for you, JJ and myself, that is three omelets, before the pot boiled in your method."

Okay, but mine is gotta have bacon, tomatoe, cheese, Basil & mushrooms!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

"I could make a three egg omelet for you, JJ and myself, that is three omelets, before the pot boiled in your method."

Why Bruv ~ that is soooo kind of you! I will take mine just like JJ but if you don't mind could I have a side a sausage and a muffin?

Bruv ~ hope you have a good 2012.

LadyJ
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

You were happy with a boil in a bag concoction a moment ago, now you all want more than your energies would supply yourself.

Not too sure what that says about the pair of you.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

I don't know ... but to me it says that nothing has changed in the new year ... You still the same miserable person you were last year. Why do you reply to a thread if you have nothing nice to say?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

How perceptive of you.......

What has nice to say gotta do with anything ?

I set time aside writing up a perfect recipe for your breakfast omelet and FG timed out, or something.

Then Lady wotsername wasn't happy with a freshly made omelet rather than a boiled egg mashup, she wants muffins and sausage too..........hell whats a guy to think ?

Any way.........far too many ingredients in your chosen omelet, that's just over the top.

Cheese and tomato, Tomato and Basil, Mushroom, or Bacon omelet but ALL together ?

So for you both to enjoy, together if you wish, a proper omelet recipe.

Bang your heaviest fry pan on a high flame, meanwhile chop up your favoured filling, one of any variation preferably.

In this instance lets have mushrooms, sliced thinly, then tossed into a sizzling nob of butter, shoogling to turn until coloured.

Meanwhile whisk three eggs in a shallow dish adding seasoning as required, then throw into the pan with the mushrooms.

Stir with the fork until the mix thickens, then turn in the edge closest to you, and shoogle the remainder until it half hangs out the opposite side of the pan to the handle, holding a plate in the other hand, fold the omelet onto it, forming a cigar shape as it rolls out on to the plate.

Serve with hot crispy bread and butter.........now that's a proper omelet.

Enjoy
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Now that is much more civil of you ... and the recipe sounds very very good. I shall try it at the next breakfast which in this time zone (unlike in Samoa!) will be in about 16 or 17 hours time. Thank you very much.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1380160 wrote: Now that is much more civil of you ... and the recipe sounds very very good. I shall try it at the next breakfast which in this time zone (unlike in Samoa!) will be in about 16 or 17 hours time. Thank you very much.

Does that mean you will stop posting for a while ?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1380162 wrote: Does that mean you will stop posting for a while ?

Sigh ..........
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Yeah right! If it wasn't for Oscar, who is not afraid of man or beast here on FG & Tabby, who seems so sweet she wouldn't know how to be nasty to anyone & one or two religious fanatics plus of course moi ... The Chosen, do you think there'd be 800 plus guests browsing these Boards? Like you think they come here to learn how to make an omelette? Dream on!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1380164 wrote: Like you think they come here to learn how to make an omelette? Dream on!

What about boil in the bag egg mashup ?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Wasn't my thread was it?
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Ahhh Bruv ~ then what will you read? Plus you would have no one to pick on and then where would you be?

I think you are just jealous of Jj.

Lady J
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1380176 wrote: Wasn't my thread was it?

Sigh ~ wasn't mine either.

Was your recipe though ~

Never used ~ before.......................invigorating isn't it ?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Lady J;1380177 wrote: Ahhh Bruv ~ then what will you read? Plus you would have no one to pick on and then where would you be?

I think you are just jealous of Jj.

Lady J

Ah ha!!! you do have a point..........but.....jealous.....nah.

It's all your fault.....thinking about it.

Bloody boiled in the bag eggs, you both may be cerebral, not very epicurean
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Bruv;1380175 wrote: What about boil in the bag egg mashup ?

What about it? It was different and far more exciting then an omelet with only one (perhaps two) ingredients other then the egg. That's pretty boring. I thank you for sharing your recipe but you need to put some excitement into your life and I don't mean by going around being insulting on threads.

After all it is a New Year!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Stop encouraging me.

You obviously never had a decent omelette
tabby

Post by tabby »

Bruv;1380156 wrote:

Bang your heaviest fry pan on a high flame, meanwhile chop up your favoured filling, one of any variation preferably.

In this instance lets have mushrooms, sliced thinly, then tossed into a sizzling nob of butter, shoogling to turn until coloured.

Meanwhile whisk three eggs in a shallow dish adding seasoning as required, then throw into the pan with the mushrooms.

Stir with the fork until the mix thickens, then turn in the edge closest to you, and shoogle the remainder until it half hangs out the opposite side of the pan to the handle, holding a plate in the other hand, fold the omelet onto it, forming a cigar shape as it rolls out on to the plate.

Serve with hot crispy bread and butter.........now that's a proper omelet.

Enjoy

That sounds sooooooo good to me right now ... five minutes before lunch ... stomach growling. I've never heard the word "shoogle" before, that was a new one on me. I looked it up online and found that it means to shake, sway or rock back and forth. I'd hate to be the one to make the Kjeragbolten Rock shoogle! (see poll)

tabby

Post by tabby »

jones jones;1380164 wrote: Tabby, who seems so sweet she wouldn't know how to be nasty to anyone

I know how, I swear I do, but even if I didn't know how before joining FG, I've certainly picked up some tips since joining! :yh_wink Seriously though, I try to resist that particular temptation ... especially with so many other more appealing temptations in life but sometimes it's easier than other times, that's for sure!

Do I get to indulge in at least 2 temptations of my choosing if I forfeit one less interesting to me? Oh come on ... if it doesn't work that way, it should! :)
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

@tabby......thanks for appreciating my recipe (so there is one who enjoys my input) And about shoogling I thought I had made it up, although my daughter does use that word........it's possibly a Scottish term.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

shoogling. Never heard it before. Very onomatopoeic! I shall most certainly use it in future. Didn't someone use it in a song? The line "Keep on shoogling" has popped into my head but I can't place it.

Smoked salmon scrambled eggs for me. Yummy! Did like the omelette recipes, but I usually burn my omelettes. I am a miserable sinner. :)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “The Kitchen”