I'm packed and ready to go

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Post by Lon »

We leave for three months to New Zealand this afternoon and it only took me 20 minutes to pack. Wife on the other hand started packing last week. I am not looking forward to that 12 1/2 hour flight from Los Angeles to Auckland but am looking forward to seeing the grand daughters and family. The flight from LA to Auckland usually has passengers that have boarded in Heathow and LA is their first and only stop before getting to Auckland. Now they have had a really long flight. Winter in this part of California is not always pleasant what with the daily heavy fog and cold weather. New Zealand on the other hand is beginning their summer and the weather particularly in the Nelson area (South Island) where we stay should be super. We stay in a two bedroom cottage behind daughter's main home on 12 acres, with three horses, two dogs, three cats and misc. critters. The property has a lovely view of the mountains on one side and the Cook Straights on the other. My SIL is hooked up for Wi Fi and although not as fast a internet connection as I am used to, it should be fine for my I Pad. In past years I have always taken a Lap Top and I am looking forward to using the so much smaller and efficient I Pad (I've become a real fan). My next post will be from the Koru Lounge at the LA International Airport where we will spend four hours awaiting our flight to NZ.
spot

Post by spot »

Have a good time, both of you. I hope the weather behaves and the earthquake's been fixed and such.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tabby

Post by tabby »

I'd be so full of anticipation I'd be about to bust! Sounds like a great place to spend a few weeks. Best wishes for a relaxing and fun visit!
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Happy trails.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Are you sure it wasn't the wife packing for you ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Safe travels, Lon.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Have a good time Lon!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

wendy will be following in about 10 days time .
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Can I come love New Zealand..!! :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lon

Post by Lon »

:wah::yh_rotfl:wah:CARLA;1377489 wrote: Can I come love New Zeland..!! :);)

I am now at Air New Zealand's Koru Club having a some wine and dinner. Plane leaves in one hour.If you get your buns over here real quick maybe you can come along.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

fuzzywuzzy;1377485 wrote: wendy will be following in about 10 days time .

Yeah, can your wife pack for me please??? I am nervous about traveling as it is!! Thanks!! :)

Return to “General Chit Chat”