tags are not working again and neither are the fonts

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

FYI ~ you may want to check out the tags...male enhancers seems to be popular. and trying to change fonts, bold, colors is not working.

Lady J
spot

Post by spot »

Lady J;1376141 wrote: FYI ~ you may want to check out the tags...male enhancers seems to be popular. and trying to change fonts, bold, colors is not working.

Lady J

I suggest you clear your browser cache and possibly cookies and restart it and maybe reboot your computer, as far as the fonts &c go.

As for the tags, "male enhancers" &c are a consequence of abuse. I've no idea how to prevent anyone from having that effect. I've never seen the slightest attraction of tags, personally I'd bin the module. Would anyone like me to bin the module?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

If I remember correctly, "Spot hates America" is filtered to become something about a colon cleanse.

Nope, here's the message you receive if you type 'spot hates America':

Some tags couldn't be added for the following reason(s):

*Tag spot hates america was converted to standard tag natural male enhancement

Changes that did not cause errors have been applied.

I guess people were using that tag more often than was comfortable.
spot

Post by spot »

On the contrary, that was the only tag I made productive use of - it gave me easy access to the threads I'd occasionally want to make a back-reference to.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

For male enhancement products? I had no idea.
spot

Post by spot »

Threads are so much more interesting if they retain coherence. "I guess people were using that tag more often than was comfortable" - only possible subject, SHA. "On the contrary, that was the only tag I made productive use of" - only possible subject, SHA. And then you go off trying to crack a joke pretending there was a different subject. Why bother holding a conversation in the first place?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Spot, once the tags were forced to display something completely different, what use were they for tracking down the original meaning? I thought the assumption that you were searching 'natural male enhancement' was a logical conclusion and quite amusing.

Touchy touchy.
theia

Post by theia »

I haven't got a clue what this thread is all about :-3

What are "tags?"
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1376167 wrote: Spot, once the tags were forced to display something completely different, what use were they for tracking down the original meaning? I thought the assumption that you were searching 'natural male enhancement' was a logical conclusion and quite amusing.

Touchy touchy.

The more the site's trivialized with that sort of twaddle the less interested I get in spending time here. Either you can follow the rules of grammar or you can't.
spot

Post by spot »

theia;1376168 wrote: I haven't got a clue what this thread is all about :-3

What are "tags?"

Tags were, until a few days ago, a way for all the members to label any thread with a link, so that clicking that tag link would pull up all the threads which had been tagged with it. People used it to tag, for example, "nomad and pete" to pull up all the threads in which both nomad and pete had both taken part or had been discussed.

Someone, for the fun of killing it, made every tag word in the system a synonym of "natural male enhancement" and has thereby broken the tagging system. That's now the only tag with enough weight to show when anyone looks at the tag list. I can't delete it because the incompetent prat who coded the tagging system never made allowance for that sort of abuse. I don't think it could have been entered by a non-member, either. It could have been done by someone who'd just joined though.

I could, I suppose, turn tagging off permanently. Or I could take out all the existing tags from the database and people could begin again. The destructive side of it is that some people added to the tag set over years, in order to find threads again, and it will all be thrown away. The other aspect is that anyone could pull the synonym trick again any time they felt inclined. I'm thinking of the tag system as unfixable until vBulletin rethink synonyms, it's not a user behaviour or system outcome that I can prevent.

Whoever chose to do this wasn't being funny in the slightest. Vandalism's the only word I can fit to it.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

That's strange, I just checked Grammar Rules | The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation and it didn't mention boner pills at all.
spot

Post by spot »

One hopes it gives generalized advice on how to recognize the subject of a sentence.

You've had a long-standing problem with both my sexual preference and my virility, Snooze. I've no idea why either concerns you, but you do convey an obsessive quality after all this while.
theia

Post by theia »

What a pathetic thing to do.

Edit: just realising that this could appear to refer to Snooze when I was actually responding to spot's post on someone messing about with the tags. I didn't bother to quote spot as I thought my post would immediately follow his.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Funny how I don't recall that obsession. Kind of an oxymoron, isn't it.... a forgotten obsession? But I'm sure you're right, spot.

Thought you'd enjoy Clancy's take on things:

What you're looking at here is what he does best.... manipulation ( well, for those that fall for that BS) It's beyond laughable when that creep plays the "victim" card. He has no shame in typing "obsessive quality"

Remind me again who it was who had You on RSS feed and followed you all over the net Who was it who boasted (on another site) he'd have everyone in FG believing you were worse than Agnes. Who's obsessive behaviour was it that had every e-mail address you own typed into the moderators panel.

You wanna' know what I think...? I think for all his prevaricating, high falutin', arrogant snobbery, at heart he's just a sleazy lowlife. He needs the web to facilitate his boorish behaviour. He's no better than the host of nitwits who proliferate YouTube with their mindless trolling. He makes a show of contempt for the word 'troll' because he is one. He's been trolling the membership of Forum Garden for years. His own 'scoof' forum is as dead as dust, and it had never an ounce of charm about it.
spot

Post by spot »

People are people, Clancy. Labelling them - or photoshopping them, in your case - just exposes your own thinking, it says very little about your target.

Scoof's a fallback resource, it's clean and current and tested and it can be deployed whenever there's an immediate need. It's called a hot spare.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

theia;1376184 wrote: What a pathetic thing to do.

Edit: just realising that this could appear to refer to Snooze when I was actually responding to spot's post on someone messing about with the tags. I didn't bother to quote spot as I thought my post would immediately follow his.

Whew, that's a relief!
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

theia;1376168 wrote: I haven't got a clue what this thread is all about :-3

What are "tags?"

I'm with you on this one, theia.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”