The Betfair Chase

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The runners are yet to be confirmed but the likely names are In the hat for The Betfair Chase won 3 times previously by Kauto Star,

The Betfair Chase Is a Grade 1 National Hunt Chase open to 5 year olds ( horses not children) at Haydock Park.

It is run over 3 miles with 18 hurdles. It Is a tough course with sharp bends and seen as a prelude for potential for The Gold Cup.

There are some exciting names In the hat.

Kauto Star.... who's rating has dropped from 190 to 170 due to his declining years.

So, I won't bore you with the form but If all the proposed runners run , I am surprised the bookie's are putting Kauts as second favourite.

Long Run..... 1/1

Kauto Star.. 5/1

Time For Rupert....6/1

Diamond Harry ... 11/1

Captain Chris.... 11/1

Master Minded.... 12/1

What A Friend... 12/1

I doubt If Master Minded will run....

On this form my prediction Is

1st.... What A Friend

2nd..... Long Run

3rd......Time For Rupert

I shall return after the race embarrassed or victorious.

Wishful Thinking.... 13/1
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Kauto Star Is confirmed to run Saturday.

At first I thought this was madness however apparently his pre race gallops see him In fine form.

Most of the contenders have been withdrawn as predicted. This Is due to trainers hedging their bets entering their horses on paper only for the prestigious races In the hope that the threats will be withdrawn due to Injury at a later date.

In this case, It's highly likely they have been pulled due to the confirmation of Long Run

Kauto Star has won this race 3 times before but at 12 years old, I just can't see him hoping to beat the favourite.

With the withdrawals of What A Friend, Diamond Harry, Time For Rupert and Master Minded, this Is now really a one horse race for Long Run.

Now with the 4 main contenders out of the race, there Is no reason that Kauto Star can come In a respectable 2nd.

I don't think kauts can win and with Long Run now backed down to 4/6, I don't place big bets on short odds runners.

I placed a modest bet today. A Reversed Forecast of Long Run/Kauto Star for 1st and 2nd and reversed order.

To be honest, I don't care. I will be travelling up to Haydock Park Saturday just to see Kauto Star In the pre parade ring. Who knows? He may even be In the Winners enclosure after the race.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Just six horses are confirmed to day to go to post tomorrow. I will be leaving my house at 5 am to get there nice and early for a position In the pre-race paddock.

I just wish these trainers would make their minds up. Paper work for entry and withdrawal are up and down like a whore's drawers.

Long Run Owned by Robert Waley Cohen. Possibly the only thing that will be his downfall Is the sharp end of the track.

Kauto Star Owned by Clive Smith. Has won this race three times before and the fact that he knows the track Inside out could go In his favour. Apparently his pre race gallops have seen him In fine form keeping up with Master Minded and Big Bucks from the Nicholls stable, but at 12 years old, this would be some victory If he puled It off.

Diamond Harry Winner of last years Hennessy Gold Cup. Should be prominent throughout and there at the end.

Wierd Al Trainer Donald McCain. Won the Charlie Hall Chase last week at Wetherby which was a shock to most but to take on Long Run within a week, I think, Is a little too much to expect from him.

Time For Rupert Trained by Paul Webber. Good stayer especially on the steep run in at Cheltenham but not enough I feel to beat Long Run.

Pure Faith Just not In the same league.

I'm sticking with the forecast Long Run to beat kauto Star
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Paul Nicholls: Kauto Star's Final Gallop before Betfair Chase 2011 - YouTube

A lovely video from Kauto's web cam on his last pre race gallop with Master Minded

He looks In great shape.
peleus

The Betfair Chase

Post by peleus »

I just wondered on what happened to his sidekick, Clifford Baker. Maybe got married and have kids?
Never quit.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

peleus;1441970 wrote: I just wondered on what happened to his sidekick, Clifford Baker. Maybe got married and have kids? Considering Clifford Baker's son was killed In a car crash In March of this year, I find your post either a deliberate wind up or I don't know... you tell me. However, after this, please refrain from dredging up my threads. After this, I have no Interest In anything you have to say.

Return to “Sports”