How to Sit Properly

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
tabby

How to Sit Properly

Post by tabby »

I certainly hope the women of FG know how to sit properly as demonstrated above ... :yh_wink
Ahso!

How to Sit Properly

Post by Ahso! »

You ladies don't want to be showing off that backside now, or cause men to think you be looking for something doggy-style. At least not in public anyway.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

How to Sit Properly

Post by Oscar Namechange »

tabby;1375244 wrote:

I certainly hope the women of FG know how to sit properly as demonstrated above ... :yh_wink

You'll love this.

Harry Enfield - Women Keep Your Virtue - YouTube
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

How to Sit Properly

Post by Snooz »

Isn't it strange how even sitting down properly was considered worthy of a PSA? Puritans.
YZGI

How to Sit Properly

Post by YZGI »

tabby;1375244 wrote:

That 2 X 4 must be painful for the one on the right.
Oscar Namechange

How to Sit Properly

Why Is this woman sitting anyway? Why is she not In the kitchen cooking a hearty meal for her man and cleaning the floor?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

How to Sit Properly

Post by Snooz »

And thinking of the queen while she grits her teeth...
LarsMac

How to Sit Properly

Post by LarsMac »

oscar;1375288 wrote: Why Is this woman sitting anyway? Why is she not In the kitchen cooking a hearty meal for her man and cleaning the floor?

At the same time, even.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
WonderWendy3

How to Sit Properly

Post by WonderWendy3 »

you do know that sitting is bad...our bodies aren't built to sit down for long periods of time.....just saying. Keeping with the topic of the thread...yeah I stick my butt out...bad habit...lol
jallytony

How to Sit Properly

Post by jallytony »

not a good thread,we often choose the most comfortable way to sit
Ahso!

How to Sit Properly

Post by Ahso! »

WonderWendy3;1375357 wrote: you do know that sitting is bad...our bodies aren't built to sit down for long periods of time.....just saying.Why is that? What is the daily limit in number of hours a person can sit without harm?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
WonderWendy3

How to Sit Properly

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Ahso!;1375392 wrote: Why is that? What is the daily limit in number of hours a person can sit without harm?

I read it in a book a couple of months ago. But I googled 2 articles for you:

Just How Dangerous Is Sitting All Day? [INFOGRAPHIC]

Sitting Can Kill You - Business Insider
tabby

How to Sit Properly

Post by tabby »

Why sitting all day is slowly killing you - Health - Men's health - msnbc.com

I think it's safe to say any prolonged sedentary activity isn't good for our bodies, except possibly sleep. Ergonomics aside, I'm sure sitting for long periods isn't good for your blood circulation. Not certain exactly what is considered too long but I've read where long airplane flights have been known to cause blood clots in some passengers' legs. Careful, WonderWendy3 ... move around as much as possible on your way to Australia ... but I'm sure you already know that!
WonderWendy3

How to Sit Properly

Post by WonderWendy3 »

tabby;1375412 wrote: Why sitting all day is slowly killing you - Health - Men's health - msnbc.com

I think it's safe to say any prolonged sedentary activity isn't good for our bodies, except possibly sleep. Ergonomics aside, I'm sure sitting for long periods isn't good for your blood circulation. Not certain exactly what is considered too long but I've read where long airplane flights have been known to cause blood clots in some passengers' legs. Careful, WonderWendy3 ... move around as much as possible on your way to Australia ... but I'm sure you already know that!

Thank you Tabby, yes I have an elderly friend who is worried sick about me going to Australia and she has reminded me what feels like daily to get up and move around on the plane. I have to remind her also that they have bathrooms on the plane, she thinks I have to hold it for 15 hours....that wouldn't happen!! lol
Ahso!

How to Sit Properly

Post by Ahso! »

I'm reminded of a quote I read back in 1991 which was attributed to a then young boy. The quote read: "School teaches us to take life sitting down."

It is true, don't you think, that our sitting problem begins in the classroom?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

How to Sit Properly

Post by tabby »

Ahso!;1375452 wrote: I'm reminded of a quote I read back in 1991 which was attributed to a then young boy. The quote read: "School teaches us to take life sitting down."

It is true, don't you think, that our sitting problem begins in the classroom?

I hadn't thought of it before but I suppose it's true ... children sitting for hours in a classroom is probably the first time they've been forced to be sedentary, at least for that long. Children by nature are active ... so being sedentary is a learned trait, you think?
tabby

How to Sit Properly

Post by tabby »

WonderWendy3;1375451 wrote: Thank you Tabby, yes I have an elderly friend who is worried sick about me going to Australia and she has reminded me what feels like daily to get up and move around on the plane. I have to remind her also that they have bathrooms on the plane, she thinks I have to hold it for 15 hours....that wouldn't happen!! lol

lol ... just remind her that you're not crossing the Atlantic in the Spirit of St. Louis with Charles Lindbergh!
Ahso!

How to Sit Properly

Post by Ahso! »

tabby;1375456 wrote: I hadn't thought of it before but I suppose it's true ... children sitting for hours in a classroom is probably the first time they've been forced to be sedentary, at least for that long. Children by nature are active ... so being sedentary is a learned trait, you think? I do. The thing is that with all that sitting we've all been doing, life expectancy has risen. I don't personally think exercise matters to the extent we preach.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

How to Sit Properly

Post by gmc »

Ahso!;1375461 wrote: I do. The thing is that with all that sitting we've all been doing, life expectancy has risen. I don't personally think exercise matters to the extent we preach.

I don't know what age you are but being in my fifties i could write a list of people who have had heart attacks, strokes etc in part at least due to their lack of exercise. On the whole fat people die earlier than those who exercise - there are always exceptions of course.
Oscar Namechange

How to Sit Properly

gmc;1375502 wrote: I don't know what age you are but being in my fifties i could write a list of people who have had heart attacks, strokes etc in part at least due to their lack of exercise. On the whole fat people die earlier than those who exercise - there are always exceptions of course.

I have caught a few episodes of this US Pathologist on TV In the early hours. Absolutely brilliant programme as she performs autopsies. It's what she finds once she's opened them up that's frightening. Enlarged hearts, furred up arteries etc etc and these people walked around without a clue they were about to drop down dead.... Scarey.

Dr. G: Medical Examiner - TV.com

It's on the Discovery Channel If you get chance to watch her.
Ahso!

How to Sit Properly

Post by Ahso! »

gmc;1375502 wrote: I don't know what age you are but being in my fifties i could write a list of people who have had heart attacks, strokes etc in part at least due to their lack of exercise. On the whole fat people die earlier than those who exercise - there are always exceptions of course.I think the obesity epidemic is due more to fast food stores being on every corner and the sweet content of those foods. Young people can out run the onset of obesity, but as we grow older, that's much more difficult. I'm in my fifties as well. Throughout the years I was very active, but these days I've slowed. My mother who was not a very active person lived to 93 years old, my father until 73 but died from the affects of alcoholism. Heart attacks and strokes do not occur in my family at all and I'm the youngest of seven.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”