Extra Hour

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
tabby

Extra Hour

Post by tabby »

I know most if not all Americans set their clocks back one hour last night. I like the “Fall Back” much better than the “Spring Forward” mainly because of the extra hour thrown into the day! The day before, I always think I’m going to do something special with that extra hour but invariably I don’t ... it’s usually just a typical Sunday albeit at a somewhat slower pace than usual. I may get an extra walk in by the end of the day. Possibly.

Did you actually use your extra hour for a specific thing or did it blissfully blend in with the rest of the day?

One thing in particular that I like about moving the clock back in the Fall is that tomorrow’s early morning drive to work will be in partial daylight and with less of a chance of hitting a deer. They’re very active this time of year and will bolt in front of a car from the thick woods with no warning. For the last few weeks, it's been pitch black during most of the drive ... daylight driving is soooo much better!!

theia

Extra Hour

Post by theia »

Ours happened last week :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
cars

Extra Hour

Post by cars »

tabby;1374754 wrote: I know most if not all Americans set their clocks back one hour last night. I like the “Fall Back” much better than the “Spring Forward” mainly because of the extra hour thrown into the day! The day before, I always think I’m going to do something special with that extra hour but invariably I don’t ... it’s usually just a typical Sunday albeit at a somewhat slower pace than usual. I may get an extra walk in by the end of the day. Possibly.

Did you actually use your extra hour for a specific thing or did it blissfully blend in with the rest of the day?

One thing in particular that I like about moving the clock back in the Fall is that tomorrow’s early morning drive to work will be in partial daylight and with less of a chance of hitting a deer. They’re very active this time of year and will bolt in front of a car from the thick woods with no warning. For the last few weeks, it's been pitch black during most of the drive ... daylight driving is soooo much better!!

I hate the damn changing of the clocks twice a year! I wish they would pick one standard and keep it all year round!

Yes you're right, the drive in the morning in daylight is great. However, the drive home with the darkness of night coming an hour earlier sort of makes it a wash.
Cars :)
Betty Boop

Extra Hour

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1374759 wrote: Ours happened last week :-6

It did and I made good use of the extra hour drinking and dancing on my first proper night out in over a year :wah:
flopstock

Extra Hour

Post by flopstock »

I cleaned the computer room with that hour. Just started tossing stuff out.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

-kg-

Extra Hour

Post by -kg- »

I spent it correcting computer problems that popped up all of the sudden. I think they were due to the time change. :mad:
YZGI

Extra Hour

Post by YZGI »

I tend to never remember that hour---hic
flopstock

Extra Hour

Post by flopstock »

everyone was supposed to check your smoke alarm batteries on that day.

did you?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Extra Hour

Post by Bruv »

It is not really and extra hour, it's one you borrowed from last clock change, so look after it, they will be taking it back.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tabby

Extra Hour

Post by tabby »

Return to “General Chit Chat”