When you get home ...

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
tabby

When you get home ...

Post by tabby »

I read a while back that 98% of women surveyed say that the very first thing they do when they reach home after a day out is change into more comfortable clothes.

So based on that survey result, here’s two questions:

1) Is that true for you? If you’ve been out and about, whether it be working, shopping, volunteering, visiting, whatever ... do you usually change into something more comfortable as soon as you get home?

2) If so, what is it that you wear for the rest of the evening until bedtime?

3) As a rule of thumb, what is the 2nd thing you do?

I'm one of that 98% and usually change clothes when I get home even if I’ve worn something as comfortable as jeans all day. Leggings and a big shirt fit the bill for relaxing at home. The second thing I tend to do when I get home is flip through the mail then set it aside to look at later.

Also, men ... what about you? These questions aren’t just for women!
Lon

When you get home ...

Post by Lon »

It really depends on where I have been and what I was wearing when I get home. If I have been out where a suit/tie/jacket were required I will get those duds off the minute I get home and get into something loose and casual. If I am coming home from golf or other sporting activities it's hit the shower and into something loose and casual. If I come home wearing something loose and casual I don't bother to change.
LarsMac

When you get home ...

Post by LarsMac »

About all I do when I get home is take off my shoes.

Most of what I wear is pretty comfortable, already.

When we go somewhere that requires necktie and coat, I will slough those off along with the shoes.

first thing I do when I get home from work is let my dog take me for a walk around the neighborhood.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

When you get home ...

Post by spot »

I've just got back from Tesco. I note, without further comment, that on entering my room I immediately threw all my clothes into a heap on a convenient wicker chaise longue, dragged a bathrobe round my shoulders and then put my shoes back on my sockless feet. I may, before nightfall, attempt to trim my stubble.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

When you get home ...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I like to take all my clothes off although I have been advised by the police that It Is best If I wait until I get home first.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

When you get home ...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I take off my shoes then remove all my jewelry except my wedding ring.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

When you get home ...

Post by spot »

This has been building in me for months, I can't resist any longer. I'm getting three of these, they're a total bargain and they complete my image.

MENS X--LARGE WHITE COTTON VESTS STRING FISHNET MESH | eBay

One tae wear, one tae wash and one tae lend oot if anyone stays over.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tabby

When you get home ...

Post by tabby »

Well ... it's a good look for most men, Spot ... :yh_sungla (gigglesnortsssssssssssss)
Oscar Namechange

When you get home ...

spot;1374562 wrote: This has been building in me for months, I can't resist any longer. I'm getting three of these, they're a total bargain and they complete my image.

One tae wear, one tae wash and one tae lend oot if anyone stays over. Get 4 and you have a spare vegetable strainer.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
theia

When you get home ...

Post by theia »

spot;1374562 wrote: This has been building in me for months, I can't resist any longer. I'm getting three of these, they're a total bargain and they complete my image.

Wow, bath robe, unsockedfeet in shoes and a string vest :-

spot, where have you been all my life?

(my love emoticon came out as a whatsit)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

When you get home ...

Post by spot »

Don't go away, I'll get my camera.
Oscar Namechange

When you get home ...

Get 5 Spot.... Another spare next time you go Cockling.
spot

When you get home ...

Post by spot »

oscar;1374587 wrote: Get 5 Spot.... Another spare next time you go Cockling.

That's a variation on scabby Ann Winterton's attempt at humour? They're made in China?
Delorean

When you get home ...

Post by Delorean »

tabby;1374525 wrote: I read a while back that 98% of women surveyed say that the very first thing they do when they reach home after a day out is change into more comfortable clothes.

So based on that survey result, here’s two questions:

1) Is that true for you? If you’ve been out and about, whether it be working, shopping, volunteering, visiting, whatever ... do you usually change into something more comfortable as soon as you get home?

2) If so, what is it that you wear for the rest of the evening until bedtime?

3) As a rule of thumb, what is the 2nd thing you do?

I'm one of that 98% and usually change clothes when I get home even if I’ve worn something as comfortable as jeans all day. Leggings and a big shirt fit the bill for relaxing at home. The second thing I tend to do when I get home is flip through the mail then set it aside to look at later.

Also, men ... what about you? These questions aren’t just for women!

I kick my shoes off before I've even shut the door and put my slippers on. I love my slippers, I wish I could find some shoes that were as comfy. I don't often feel the need to change clothes but if I do I usually put my pyjamas on if I know I'm not leaving the house again.

The second thing I do would be sit down for a coffee and read any mail and junk mail I have.
Delorean

When you get home ...

Post by Delorean »

I'd like pics when you receive them, in several different poses so as to provide fodder for my nighttime fantasies.
jallytony

When you get home ...

Post by jallytony »

when i get home i take off my shoes and change a pair of slipper,i think home is the most comfortable place to release my pressure of work and then i will change a coat because i will cook
K.Snyder

When you get home ...

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1374562 wrote: one tae lend oot if anyone stays over.You wouldn't force someone into a position to accept, you couldn't...
K.Snyder

When you get home ...

Post by K.Snyder »

Oh I'm sorry, where are my manners...

When I get home the first thing I do is throw some pj's on...
WonderWendy3

When you get home ...

Post by WonderWendy3 »

When I get home or anywhere I possibly can for that matter I kick off my shoes and go barefoot! Do not like shoes whatsoever. I only wear slippers in the winter occassionaly if my feet get cold, and even then I will just put socks on.

As for clothes, have to change from dress clothes immediately. If have casual clothing on, leave that on and if kids are not home the birthday suit is the wardrobe of choice!---and that probably was TMI, but hey I like to answer questions fully when asked....:wah:
Ahso!

When you get home ...

Post by Ahso! »

It's rare for me to care about dress, I'm casual 99.9% of the time, so I don't need to change when I get home. I've tailored my life to fit my clothes.

"I'm goin' where the sun keeps shinin' through the pouring' rain, goin' where the weather suits my clothes, bankin' off the northeast wind, sailin' on summer breeze, skippin' over the ocean like a stone" Fred Neil - made famous by the late Harry Nilsson
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

When you get home ...

First, the shoe's come off and I go barefoot all the time at home but this has It's drawbacks for example, If the cat has had a sneaky boak In the unlit hall.
K.Snyder

When you get home ...

Post by K.Snyder »

Ahso!;1374974 wrote: "I'm goin' where the sun keeps shinin' through the pouring' rain, goin' where the weather suits my clothes, bankin' over the northeast wind, sailin' on summer breeze, skippin' over the ocean like a stone" Fred Neil - made famous by the late Harry NilssonSounds like a Greatful Dead song...
Ahso!

When you get home ...

Post by Ahso! »

K.Snyder;1375038 wrote: Sounds like a Greatful Dead song...Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin' (1969) - YouTube
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
K.Snyder

When you get home ...

Post by K.Snyder »

Ahso!;1375039 wrote: Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin' (1969) - YouTube

There you see, if someone tried recording that in today's society they'd be sent to a mental institution...

I was following the melody until about 1:10 when he'd appeared to replicate a braying donkey...
Chloe_88

When you get home ...

Post by Chloe_88 »

When I get home I don't have a change of clothes. First thing I do before taking my coat of is: find all 4 cats and give them a hug, hang up coat, get a drink and lay down on sofa + watch a half hour of TV.
Jarlaxle

When you get home ...

Post by Jarlaxle »

I am usually sweaty & dirty from work, so one of the first things I do upon getting home is usually to shower.
Jarlaxle
Anetta

When you get home ...

Post by Anetta »

LarsMac;1374533 wrote: About all I do when I get home is take off my shoes.

Most of what I wear is pretty comfortable, already.

When we go somewhere that requires necktie and coat, I will slough those off along with the shoes.

first thing I do when I get home from work is let my dog take me for a walk around the neighborhood.

my husband does absolutely the same

Return to “Fashion Clothing”