Interference of Child Custody and Now a Missing Child

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
ribbonsandbones

Post by ribbonsandbones »

My ex-husband has had custody of my 3 year old daughter for the past 2 and a half years. He has denied any and all contact between her and I the entire time. I have tried and tried to locate my daughter and recently came across a new address. I went to the address with two friends of mine to find that they had been evicted two months ago, but had moved into an adjacent apartment with a friend.

The friend, her husband, and four children welcomed us inside and all made detailed allegations of abuse and neglect that occurred in their home while my ex-husband, his wife, my daughter and her two step-sisters lived with them.

They had all witnessed my ex-husband and his wife strictly limiting my daughters water intake because she would wet herself. She was dehydrated to the point of having to drink from a cat bowl on the floor because she was deprived health essentials and then punished for it. The friend of my ex-husbands would try to sneak my daughter fluids and also gave her MiraLAX because she could not use the bathroom due to dehydration.

There were also accusations of physical abuse witnessed. My daughter was punished by means of corporeal punishment, having to stand with her arms outward for an hour. She also had to bend over with her hands spread apart on the floor and her butt in the air to get her spanking. She was always disciplined for minute detail/transgression.

My daughters bed was in a closet. She was kept locked in a bedroom all day. She was not allowed to play outside or in the apartment. She was socially deprived. It was said that there was only one time she was allowed to play outside and when she did, she played in the dirt and it was the only time witnessed in the month they lived there that she had been given a bath.

I was also told that my daughter never received any affection while she was there by her father or her step mother. I was told my daughter was scared of them and would run away when she was called, but not in a playful manner, she was in fact afraid.

My ex-husband, his wife, my daughter and her two step-sisters left that apartment 2 months ago and claimed they were going to live in or near a church in Carrollton, Georgia that provided help to families in need. That was the last time they had been seen.

I have made phone calls to the Dallas, Georgia Police Department, the Carrollton, Georgia Police Department, and Georgia DFCS. No one can assist me in locating them. The most help I received was from an officer in Carrollton informing me that it is in fact against the law for my ex-husband to have violated the court ordered visitation, Interference of Custody, Georgia Code 16-5-45. The officer also knew of no church that provided such services. I called over 10 churches yesterday that are listed online in the Carrollton area. I also called a shelter for men in need but, they had never heard of my ex-husband.

I don't have the finances to hire an attorney and even if I did, my ex-husband is in contempt of court alone just by moving around the state without notifying me prior to doing so -We would have to know his whereabouts before he could even be served official court documents.

I'm at a dead end. I have exhausted all searches on the internet and the police will not track down my ex-husband. I am very concerned for the well being of my daughter. The clock is ticking.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Why was your husband granted full custody in the first place?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ribbonsandbones

Post by ribbonsandbones »

I couldn't afford to take care of her. He had the finances to do that.
spot

Post by spot »

ribbonsandbones;1374439 wrote: I couldn't afford to take care of her. He had the finances to do that.

That's scarcely in accord with his being evicted or claiming assistance from a church providing help to families in need, surely.

This site would prefer not to become piggy in the middle of a litigious domestic wrangle, it would not be the first time we've found ourselves in that position after one side of a dispute has been detailed. I have no doubt your ex-husband would describe things differently were he to read your post.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Agreed. The allegations of abuse seem pretty standardized to me and frankly things like this smell to high heaven. Only yesterday I was called by a friend of my wifes and asked to fly to Las Vegas so she could snatch her son from her ex husband. Impossible, I'm not getting involved in something like that.

In my time I've come to think that parents petty greed and uncaring stupidity are what hurt children the most. Such parents should be beaten in public. When you bring a child into this world you have a responsibility.

Return to “Missing Children”