Breast Cancer Check-up Video

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Probably not FDA approved . . .

Rethink Breast Cancer presents: Your Man Reminder - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Sorry but I find that rather revolting and think It makes a mockery of the misery of breast cancer and the need for awareness.

My Sister died of breast cancer and I really do not like that video.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar....sorry to hear you lost your sister to breast cancer.

I did not know.

Lady J
Oscar Namechange

Lady J;1373339 wrote: Oscar....sorry to hear you lost your sister to breast cancer.

I did not know.

Lady J No problem... You weren't to know. I just found the video tacky... sorry.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

:yh_rotflIt's hilarious. Kind of like taking a bite out of a lemon though.:yh_rotfl
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

I have lost many family members to heart desease and do NOT find videos or movies about heart attacks offensive. Get a life Oscar and try not to be selectively outraged.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1373361 wrote: I have lost many family members to heart desease and do NOT find videos or movies about heart attacks offensive. Get a life Oscar and try not to be selectively outraged.

Different folks, different strokes.

That you are not offended does not mean that it is a crime for anyone else to be offended in a similar circumstance.

Get a life JJ and try not to be selectively outraged.
Oscar Namechange

jones jones;1373361 wrote: I have lost many family members to heart desease and do NOT find videos or movies about heart attacks offensive. Get a life Oscar and try not to be selectively outraged.

It seems penile disfunction can bring out the worst In some men.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1373378 wrote: It seems penile disfunction can bring out the worst In some men.

It appears not to take that much to bring the worst out in some women.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

oscar;1373378 wrote: It seems penile disfunction can bring out the worst In some men.

I would report this ugly reply if I thought anything would be done.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Why is it almost every thread here ends up trashed with crap like this?

When I saw this reply I thought oh no, here we go again!

It seems that instead of the members being supportive of each other they go out of their way to be-little fellow members.

I was always told "If you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all."

Perhaps some of the members here should try that. It may spare FG lost of more members.

I am disappointed, as I expected more from The Gardens.

Lady J
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Actually its the penile dysfunction that keeps the worst from coming out.
Oscar Namechange

Lady J;1373442 wrote: Why is it almost every thread here ends up trashed with crap like this?

It seems that instead of the members being supportive of each other they go out of their way to be-little fellow members.

I was always told "If you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all."

Perhaps some of the members here should try that. It may spare FG lost of more members.

Lady J

It was actually me who lowered the tone of the thread, not the garden or the members. I admit my comment was below the belt but because I did not add smilies, the jest In which I posted It could not be seen. However,:

I was not 'selectively outraged' as Jones put It. I found the video tacky and would equally find the same should It be for heart disease or any other Illness that kills.

What I do object to Is some-one telling me to get a life because I happen to have an opinion on a video on a subject that killed my sister. We are all entitled to opinions and Jonsey's comment was below the belt. Perhaps he would like to go and say that to the 3 young children she left behind?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

How can that possibly be considered an offensive video? It's a cute public service announcement that shows the proper way to examine your breasts. Jesus Christ.
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1373469 wrote: How can that possibly be considered an offensive video? It's a cute public service announcement that shows the proper way to examine your breasts. Jesus Christ.

We are all different people with different life experiences Shrug. What is cute to you Is not to me but I would not be so heartless to tell someone who's sister had recently died of the disease to 'get a life' as Jonsey put It. I miss my sister, I miss her every day. I watch her children without a mother so my experiences may not be the same as others but we all have opinions. Mine Is just not the same of others.
theia

Post by theia »

Lady J;1373442 wrote: Why is it almost every thread here ends up trashed with crap like this?

I was always told "If you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all."Perhaps some of the members here should try that. It may spare FG lost of more members.

Lady J

I used to try and apply that in my life but, for me, it meant burying many of the opinions I have. For the most part I try to avoid hurting someone's feelings but I no longer just want to say nice things. I want to be more honest with myself and others.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I think anything that might get one more woman to be conscious of the risk of Breast Cancer, and might save even one life, is worth trying.

I have several female relatives that have suffered from this disease, some fatally.

I found the video to be humorous and a bit irreverent. I know that many women might find it offensive, but it might also be the thing that gets them to be on guard.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

LarsMac;1373561 wrote: I know that many women might find it offensive, but it might also be the thing that gets them to be on guard.

Thank you Lars...that was the whole meaning ...the reason to share and perhaps some will see it as a reminder to check their breast and save their lives.

Lady J

Return to “Women's Health”