Notification: possible downtime warning

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
spot

Post by spot »

kg notes that we're still getting occasional Internal Server Errors. I know why it's happening, I think I know how to stop it but it's going to involve stopping the forum for 15 minutes of downtime.

Depending on what we decide as a long-term fix we may also have a one-day merry-go-round if we need to adjust the nameservers. I'll try to reduce that to as short a time as I can, and I'll give two days' notice before making the adjustment. Other than that, none of the periods of downtime should exceed a quarter of an hour and they'll all of them have a "system down" page rather than just no response.

The server did lock up for ten minutes an hour or so ago - that was me. I'll be more careful next time.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

doesn't worry me . If the wind changes direction I lose my wideband connection. lol

The server did lock up for ten minutes an hour or so ago - that was me. I'll be more careful next time.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha poor spot. :)
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1370745 wrote: kg notes that we're still getting occasional Internal Server Errors. I know why it's happening, I think I know how to stop it but it's going to involve stopping the forum for 15 minutes of downtime.

Depending on what we decide as a long-term fix we may also have a one-day merry-go-round if we need to adjust the nameservers. I'll try to reduce that to as short a time as I can, and I'll give two days' notice before making the adjustment. Other than that, none of the periods of downtime should exceed a quarter of an hour and they'll all of them have a "system down" page rather than just no response.

OK but twenty pages of error messages to wake up to - you could have warned me first! I nearly had a heart attack :wah:
spot

Post by spot »

I'm going to try that again in an hour.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
-kg-

Post by -kg- »

spot;1370745 wrote: kg notes that we're still getting occasional Internal Server Errors. I know why it's happening, I think I know how to stop it but it's going to involve stopping the forum for 15 minutes of downtime.

Only been here three days, and I'm already stirring up all kinds of trouble. :o

See how I am? :sneaky:
koan

Post by koan »

ohhhhh. Do it again!!!!

If you pay real close attention there's a momentary high right before the crash and you can see through the veil of existence.
spot

Post by spot »

We're back, we regret having taken 80 minutes instead of the 20 minutes I thought it should be, we crashed a couple of times unexpectedly.

No more outage anticipated until next week.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I was on pins and needles.
spot

Post by spot »

I'm notified by the host that FG was down for perhaps a half hour between three and two hours ago. A somewhat bemused Admin offers his apologies.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”