Need a name for my Mustang

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
koan

Post by koan »

*koan does the snoopy dance

My new best friend! I needed a car but I had no idea I'd find one like this!!

It's an '89 Mustang Convertible. 3.2L 4 Cylinder with just over 230K and a rebuilt tranny.

Lots of little things to fix but I drove her off the lot today looking like this:

Attached files
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sally is definitely out of the question! If for no other reason than I will sing it everytime I think of you!:p
spot

Post by spot »

Champion. He was a Mustang and he had his own theme tune too.

It suits your surroundings, that car. Good call.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

My intuition says it's a girl named Charlie.
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

What a gorgeous car - I think Charlie suits her well.
spot

Post by spot »

koan;1370123 wrote: My intuition says it's a girl named Charlie.

You'll be stopped every other week for dealing if you call your car that. People will misunderstand.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I did nickname my previous car as Betsy, I've not named my current one though, maybe I should...

Are cars always considered feminine?
koan

Post by koan »

Going out to silly putty the driver side mirror in place while I'm waiting for the part to arrive. I'm thinking about making a customized passenger side sun visor until I order the part. I'll probably spend the afternoon fussing over her and making a list of things to do.
koan

Post by koan »

The French think so... La Voiture.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

How bout "The Pale Horse"
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

IMO no, muscle cars and pick up trucks are manly vehicles...need to probably get tested for my testerone level since I love both! :)
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

ghost rider
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

flopstock;1370258 wrote: ghost rider Oh I like that !

I thought I was the only one who named cars. My last one was called Trevor.

My latest Is Colin. And Suzy sat nav lives with him.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I hope you enjoy it and good luck with it mechanically. I hope it's not a money pit. When are you going to drive with the top down in Vancouver?
Delorean

Post by Delorean »

oscar;1370270 wrote: Oh I like that !

I thought I was the only one who named cars. My last one was called Trevor.

My latest Is Colin. And Suzy sat nav lives with him.

Lol, no, I do it too! My first car was Cecily, followed by Jane, Percy, Harry, Mac, Berger, K.R., can't remember the others. My current one doesn't have a name, I can't find one that fits. But I know it's a girl car :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Delorean;1370309 wrote: Lol, no, I do it too! My first car was Cecily, followed by Jane, Percy, Harry, Mac, Berger, K.R., can't remember the others. My current one doesn't have a name, I can't find one that fits. But I know it's a girl car :wah:
Suzy sat nav and I have had a falling out today. She tried sending me over an Iron bridge In Gloucester that was not only not down at the time but a route only for buses and taxi's. I was very patient with her until she later sent me to an Industrial estate where I had no business being, Instead of the road I wanted on the other side of that bridge.

I threatened to throw her out of the window at high speed but Colin the car pleaded with me not to do It. He assured me he would have words with her.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

There is no other name for a Mustang but "Sally" in my book. Did I read right it has 230K miles on it, or do you mean 23,000 miles?? 230K if that's thousands you might have a money pit. That's a lot of miles on any car no matter what the year is. Rebuilt engines are only good for so many miles and then your pouring money into it. It looks good on the outside would have to see the engine. Do you have "Carfax" there? it provides the total history on any car and is mandatory here in the states when you purchase any used car that before you buy it you can request the "Carfax" and decide from there.

I have a 73 Camaro which I named "Lucy" that has 100,000 miles on it all put on by me as I'm the original owner. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

koan

Post by koan »

yep, they had the vehicle history report and file on the car. It's 230K but the engine runs really great and the transmission was just rebuilt. I bought a year warranty that covers all the big stuff and am making a list of cosmetic repairs that I'd like to make a bit at a time. Brand new top on it, too. I know it's a lot of miles but all the cars in my price range were over 200K and this one is far more pretty.

eta: 230 000Kilometers = 147 000 miles
koan

Post by koan »

Charlie and me found a friendly mechanic today who will help me prime her up outside of shop billing!! He recognized the value of her 4 cylinder right away and is keen to have a look on how we can make her purr.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

koan;1370944 wrote: Charlie and me found a friendly mechanic today who will help me prime her up outside of shop billing!! He recognized the value of her 4 cylinder right away and is keen to have a look on how we can make her purr.

She's a horse, not a kitty:o....but hey a horse that purrs sounds good to me! Did you come up with a name for her yet?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that is a nice car!
koan

Post by koan »

I'm going with a girl named Charlie. It's strong and feels like a survivor name.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

koan... Kudos on the new wheels!

Charlie is a good name. Time to go cruzin':driving:

best to you...be safe!

Lady J
WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

spot named our boat years ago. Everyone we told the story for was very impressed and loved it. spot is good at naming things for us. hee hee.
WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

nice ride, by the way. I like it. Looks hooooot.
koan

Post by koan »

Charlie likes it when I ask her how she is before I turn the key to start her up. I'm learning.

Return to “Members' News”