Good Evening, Everyone!

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

Or morning, afternoon, or night, depending on your location.:yh_wink

My name is Glenn, and I am a Bulletin Board Addict. Is this tonight's meeting of BBAA? No? Drat...here I go again! :wah:

Currently, I am an aspiring SFF author, starting on the first novel in a series I call "The Dragonbond Series."

I've been doing some reading in various Forums and Sub-forums on this site, and I certainly like what I see. I think I'm going to enjoy my stay.
WonderWendy3

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Welcome to the Garden!
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

Thank you WonderWendy! I appreciate the welcome. :yh_bigsmi
koan

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by koan »

Welcome to FG! Like the title of your series :)
fuzzywuzzy

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

hiya KG ....where have I seen that before? ...no matter, welcome :)
fuzzywuzzy

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OH crap! just had a thought ..we're not your 'life model' for your books are we? ....cause that would be really ****'ty.
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

fuzzywuzzy;1370484 wrote: OH crap! just had a thought ..we're not your 'life model' for your books are we? ....cause that would be really ****'ty.

MWAHAHAHA! You have uncovered my nefarious plan! :yh_devil

As far as having maybe seen "kg" before, well, I was serious...I've been around Forums for quite a few years, all starting years ago with AIH. You might have seen the screen name here or there.

@ Koan - The title is quite apropos to the series. I don't know if such links are allowed here, but I've created a FB page on the series. Just search for it using what's in the quotes above and you should find it. You'll also see where I got my avatar. A simple little something I created using Xara Xtreme so I wouldn't have to deal with image copyrights.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :-6
YZGI

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by YZGI »

Hello There. Is Dragonbond related to Bond James Bond?:wah:
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

@ YZGI - No, not related to James Bond, though I do like my Martinis shaken, not stirred. :p
spot

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by spot »

They're confusing you, kg, with another aspiring author, kb. With both of you on site we now have Soviet Security and a Knighthood left over so the James Bond theme is definitely up and running.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by spot »

And it says a lot when a drink actually improves if you add raw onion to it, don't you think?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

Ah, Mr Spot! I've read your posts at various places around the board, so your reputation has preceded you. :D

Well, I suppose you could class the James Bond series within the realm of Science Fiction and Fantasy (by a stretch of the term), but has Bond ever had a run-in with dragons? :-3 (BTW, I love the little "Ballchinian" emoticon that brings that smiley up! :wah: )
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

spot;1370582 wrote: And it says a lot when a drink actually improves if you add raw onion to it, don't you think?

Seems you posted before I could. :yh_tong2

It depends on the drink, of course. Raw onion certainly doesn't improve a Strawberry Daiquiri!
fuzzywuzzy

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I was in IL quite a long time ago ...in fact I think I actually stood in Godfrey, can't be sure but the name rang a bell. I think I may have.
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

Possible. It's due north of down-town Alton, which is just north of down-town St. Louis, MO.
fuzzywuzzy

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

what town is the GM factory in? Stayed just outside there for a few days ...lots of shooting and so forth .

I'm just looking up my photos I'm sure the name godfrey is in one of the pics.

yep went to st lou.....yep ..wow what a blast from the past
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

Ah yes. The GM plant is in Wentzville, which is somewhat west of St. Louis, at the intersection of I-70 and I-64/Hwy 40. Close enough to St. Louis as makes no difference.

It's a real "blast from the present" for me. I've lived near here for most of my life, except for the occasional drift. I was in the military during the early to middle part of the '70s, and lived in New Orleans during most of the '80s.

How I came to be in New Orleans is an entire story in itself, and deserves a devoted thread. Perhaps I'll start one sometime in the future. It all involves building a boat in my back yard and taking it down the Mississippi River. :D
Kathy Ellen

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Glenn....

Welcome to ForumGarden. Hope you like it here!!

-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

Thank you, Kathy Ellen! I'm certainly enjoying myself so far.

From Joisey, eh? I used to drive 18s cross-country and have been in The Garden State many times. I was also stationed at Langley AFB in the early '70s.
chonsigirl

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by chonsigirl »

Howdy. :)
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

Good afternoon (or whatever time of day it is there in Nirvana), chonsigirl!

I've seen your posts in many places on the site, and am looking forward to chatting and discussing with you in the future.

Thanks to you and everyone else who has welcomed me (or will) to the site. :-6
Kathy Ellen

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

-kg-;1371362 wrote: Thank you, Kathy Ellen! I'm certainly enjoying myself so far.

From Joisey, eh? I used to drive 18s cross-country and have been in The Garden State many times. I was also stationed at Langley AFB in the early '70s.

Good, I'm glad that you like it here in FG. There's a lot of nice peeps here.

Ahhhh, yes, I'm from Noo Joisey...Hahaha.... Langley in Egg Harbor....nice area.

18 wheelers?? Man oh man....they scare me while I'm driving down 95 through the Carolinas....
chonsigirl

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by chonsigirl »

I am on Joisey time-but not in Joisey. In Nirvana it is any time you want it to be.
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

chonsigirl;1371370 wrote: I am on Joisey time-but not in Joisey. In Nirvana it is any time you want it to be.

I may have to move there, then. I'd like it to always be "beer-thirty!" :yh_party

Kathy Ellen wrote: 18 wheelers?? Man oh man....they scare me while I'm driving down 95 through the Carolinas....

They do me, too...especially when I'm the one driving it! :yh_tong2
Kathy Ellen

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

-kg-;1371375 wrote: I may have to move there, then. I'd like it to always be "beer-thirty!" :yh_party

They do me, too...especially when I'm the one driving it! :yh_tong2

Hahah......Jaysus, hope you weren't one of the fellas behind me doing 100 mph....That was scary....
-kg-

Good Evening, Everyone!

Post by -kg- »

Probably not. I quit driving over the road roughly 12 years ago.

Return to “Introductions”