RE: Odie!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

I'm sure she would hate this but I want to let all her friends know what is going on with her. I received a call from her son today that she is in the hospital and they have discovered cancer. It is in her liver, lungs and abdomen. The cancer is too far gone to treat so there is nothing they can do for her except keep her comfortable. They have said she has anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to live. Please lets all keep her and her family in our thoughts and prayers. :-1
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Damn, that's a shame. I was wondering where she's been. Poor woman.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I'm sorry to learn of this and hope Odie's suffering can be minimized for her remaining time.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

I know I am new...but I thought she went in for the removal of cataracts! OMG! how did this turn around so quickly?

I will send many soothing thoughts and best wishes, prayers for her and her family ... has her family contact any of the Canadian Hospice?

The Hospice were soooo much help in dealing with the event of my mom dieing and then later after the event they offered me support.

http://www.hospicedirectory.org/cm/abou ... al_hospice

Please shebell....pass it on to them. Your mind becomes so cluttered...I only knew her for a very brief time but my heart and spirit goes out to her.

always,

Lady J
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

shelbell;1368513 wrote: I'm sure she would hate this but I want to let all her friends know what is going on with her. I received a call from her son today that she is in the hospital and they have discovered cancer. It is in her liver, lungs and abdomen. The cancer is too far gone to treat so there is nothing they can do for her except keep her comfortable. They have said she has anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to live. Please lets all keep her and her family in our thoughts and prayers. :-1

Well, I hate to be a smug git know It all but I knew something was seriously wrong with the way she rambled on threads very recently.

I have had many problems with Joan In the past but because I did believe something was very wrong, It's why I defended her on threads were she was blatently attacked by Ahso and some other members. However, they were not to know but I did try my best to warn them that something was not right and to lay off her. I recall one very recent thread where I almost begged some members to show some humility.

I am not a hypocrite and am not going to profess all was well with Joan and myself. I told her when I replied to one of her messages that she had a long way to go before she was ever In my good books again and I didn't want to be friends. Yet, I could see blatant trolling and baiting her very recently by other members and I didn't like It.

This Is awful news for you Shell because you are so close.

All I can say Is that I hope she Is not In In pain and Is being cared for.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

This really is so sad. I will send her all the positive energy I can muster.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I am very upset to hear this.. So sorry.

Odie has always brought a different point of view to the Forum, I have enjoyed the conversation, and interesting point of view.

Shel, I know you are close to Odie - Please tell her I've missed her & what the hell is going are with Y&R..??

Oscar - why did you bother to reply? really? just don't put yourself on a pedistal .

Shel, tell her she's loved.

Patsy
theia

Post by theia »

I'm thinking of Odie and her family...it must be really difficult for all of them.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

It did become increasingly evident there was something seriously wrong, sending thoughts and prayers to Odie and her family.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Thank you for letting us know, I was getting more than a little worried when she didn't reply to my messages.

Damn it all, it is so unfair - she did appear to be worried sick that she would be getting seriously bad news but did not say what it was.

Her family must be devastated, please pass our thoughts on to them.

It hurts
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Thanks people, I will pass on all your kind words to Joan.

Oscar, I agree with Patsy...I don't understand what the point was to your post, but this about Joan, odie, a woman that is lying in the hospital dying, knowing she only has a very short time left. Your post was rude and totally uncalled for. I won't be forwarding your post.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Thank you for letting us know. Please send my love to her.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Shelbell, if you still have regular contact with Joan's family, perhaps you would be good enough to ask them to pass on to her my sadness for what has happened to her. It makes the 'falling out' that happened between Joan and me so damn unimportant. Please tell her that I am sending as much strength as possible to her, and I truly hope that she is getting the medication that will minimise the pain she must be going through.

Thanks shelbell, tell her I'm thinking of her please.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Make sure you tell her son how much she loves that grand baby!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Thanks for sharing this information with us, shelbell.

Please let Odie know that she's in my thoughts & prayers and so is her family. :yh_hugs

I know she always thought of FG as her home away from home and looked forward to being here. She always did bring some type of sunshine here when she posted. :-6

It's a sad day knowing that she won't be returning. Our loss. Glad I did get to know her over the years she spent here. :guitarist
Oscar Namechange

shelbell;1368548 wrote: Thanks people, I will pass on all your kind words to Joan.

Oscar, I agree with Patsy...I don't understand what the point was to your post, but this about Joan, odie, a woman that is lying in the hospital dying, knowing she only has a very short time left. Your post was rude and totally uncalled for. I won't be forwarding your post.

Rude?

My post was the truth weather you like It or not. I am not and never will be a hypocrite and I am not a liar. What do you prefer? Members coming on here who had no time for Joan telling you how wonderful she Is because now all of a sudden she Is very Ill?

I suggest you go back and read a few threads here from a few weeks ago and you can start with a thread by Spot, The Split topic thread. Where were you Patsy and Shell when she was being trolled, baited and relentlessly ripped to pieces by members here?

I was the only one who came In and asked for some humilty from those members because I recogised there was something seriously wrong. Don't tell me Patsy and Shell that you didn't see her being torn apart because you both come here and read threads. Why didn't either of you step In and stop It? And you have the brass neck to complain I was rude???

Go back to my earlier post where I said " I hope she Is not In pain ad Is being cared for". Go to my profile and read the messages Joan posted there. I will send you the private messages she sent me saying how Ill she had been made by the personal attacks by other members and Thanking me because I was the only one who had the balls to come In and defend her. Where were you then Shell?

Don't you dare act the Samaritan with me and complain I was being rude.

You know what? I might just ring her son myself.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1368555 wrote: Shelbell, if you still have regular contact with Joan's family, perhaps you would be good enough to ask them to pass on to her my sadness for what has happened to her. It makes the 'falling out' that happened between Joan and me so damn unimportant. Please tell her that I am sending as much strength as possible to her, and I truly hope that she is getting the medication that will minimise the pain she must be going through.

Thanks shelbell, tell her I'm thinking of her please. I agree with your words Gill.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Well, I feel guilty for laughing earlier when she wrote "Japan" in place of "happen". I hope that doesn't make me a hypocrite for feeling bad for her now. Sorry, Odie. :(
spot

Post by spot »

For as long as ForumGarden connects people across the Internet and shows the history of their exchanges Odie will stay remembered and discussed here, as I'm sure she will be elsewhere too. Youth or age makes little difference, whatever time we have is brief when seen from life's ending. They are not long, the weeping and the laughter,

Love and desire and hate:

I think they have no portion in us after

We pass the gate.

They are not long, the days of wine and roses:

Out of a misty dream

Our path emerges for awhile, then closes

Within a dream.

Ernest Dowson, 1896

Had the moderators not reconsidered their position in February when Odie asked to come back and post with her friends here, we'd have had less of her time to appreciate. We saw her then as an asset to the site. Her sudden deterioration in recent weeks hasn't changed that view.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

We're all thinking of you Odie Wodie! :yh_bigsmi :yh_wink :yh_kiss
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

oscar;1368580 wrote: Rude?

My post was the truth weather you like It or not. I am not and never will be a hypocrite and I am not a liar. What do you prefer? Members coming on here who had no time for Joan telling you how wonderful she Is because now all of a sudden she Is very Ill?

I suggest you go back and read a few threads here from a few weeks ago and you can start with a thread by Spot, The Split topic thread. Where were you Patsy and Shell when she was being trolled, baited and relentlessly ripped to pieces by members here?

I was the only one who came In and asked for some humilty from those members because I recogised there was something seriously wrong. Don't tell me Patsy and Shell that you didn't see her being torn apart because you both come here and read threads. Why didn't either of you step In and stop It? And you have the brass neck to complain I was rude???

Go back to my earlier post where I said " I hope she Is not In pain ad Is being cared for". Go to my profile and read the messages Joan posted there. I will send you the private messages she sent me saying how Ill she had been made by the personal attacks by other members and Thanking me because I was the only one who had the balls to come In and defend her. Where were you then Shell?

Don't you dare act the Samaritan with me and complain I was being rude.

You know what? I might just ring her son myself.

You know oscar, i've been off this site for almost a year...i was sick of all the drama. Joan and I were best friends and talked a few times a week on the phone. I know all about the crap that has happened. So please just shut up already and don't talk to me.
Oscar Namechange

shelbell;1368650 wrote: You know oscar, i've been off this site for almost a year...i was sick of all the drama. Joan and I were best friends and talked a few times a week on the phone. I know all about the crap that has happened. So please just shut up already and don't talk to me.

You know Shell, whenever a member claims I have upset them In a post or been rude, I have the cutesy to go back to that post, re-read It and If I feel I have Indeed been hasty, then I will apologise publically.

When I read that you and Patsy thought my post was rude, my first thought was 'Here we go again'. The fact that I received private messages and an e mail telling me that they didn't want to post on this thread In light of the sensitive subject, but could not see rudeness on my part In any way In my post, saved me the job. It actually confirmed to me that you were over-reacting again.

What's up Shell ? My words that you came here and read threads where Joan was being blatently attacked while you stood by and did nothing hit a raw nerve with you? Do you want her private messages sent to me only two weeks ago telling me how hurt she was that none of her friends defended her?

I have a clear consience.... Do you ?
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oscar

WOW - I'm not sure what to say since you've thrown this thread to "All about Oscar".

Defend issue in your reply - Any friend of Joan's had her personal E-Mail address to discuss issues - instead of creating a Soap Opera out of a thread for grieving.

Shel - please let Joan know everythings the same....! and WE Miss Her.

Thank You

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Patsy Warnick;1368726 wrote: Oscar

WOW - I'm not sure what to say since you've thrown this thread to "All about Oscar".

Defend issue in your reply - Any friend of Joan's had her personal E-Mail address to discuss issues - instead of creating a Soap Opera out of a thread for grieving.

Shel - please let Joan know everythings the same....! and WE Miss Her.

Thank You

Patsy Then I suggest you read my thread posted today after I took the trouble to phone her family In Canada from England, only to be told she had died.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Now you want to be a representative...

Not bad for a Clear Conscience...!

Patsy
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Why is this turning into some kind of competition? Lets show a little respect.
Peg

Post by Peg »

SnoozeAgain;1368734 wrote: Why is this turning into some kind of competition? Lets show a little respect.

Best post I've seen all day.
spot

Post by spot »

Peg;1368736 wrote: Best post I've seen all day.

I spent ages on mine.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Patsy Warnick;1368732 wrote: Now you want to be a representative...

Not bad for a Clear Conscience...!

Patsy
No Patsy, let's get this straight.

I made a post. You chose to begin an argument on a very sensitive thread by whining that I was being rude. You could have just left It and posted your sorrow at Joan's condition but you chose not to.

Others messaged me and said they saw no rudeness In my post whatsoever.

Shell then came on and agreed with you, attacking me by proxy. And now you try to turn It around that I am being the Insensitive one.

You know full well that you log on here as does Shell every night. You would have seen Joan being attacked only a few weeks ago on several threads but being the big caring person you now claim to be, You sat back, watched the fireworks and did nothing to defend her.

Your guilt Is showing at your continuation to turn this thread Into a fight with me and you are making a fool of yourself.

Actions speak louder than words. Yes, I had problems with Joan but I showed her a great deal of compassion In her last weeks here. If you had not sat there soaking up the fireworks when she was being attacked here, she may not have written to me only two weeks ago saying she was going to leave FG because 'her friends' had let her down.

I phoned her family because I was genuinly concerned about her health and her state of mind and I was going to post her something nice from England. In actual fact, my husband had already been out and got her something this morning.

Actions speak louder than words Patsy... You may remember that next time.

I did not post the thread on her passing to earn Brownie points... I did It because her family asked me to Inform any friends she had here who would otherwise not know.

And as for turning this thread Into a farce ???? If I knew Joan, then she would have loved every minute of It. Oh and that's In a nice way before your mind goes Into overdrive.

Now If you haven't got anything decent to say In your defence, go to the other thread and write something nice about her as others have Instead of bitching and moaning here.

As Joan would say.... END OF
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

What a bloody farce this has turned into now!

You keep going on about guilt Oscar but friends don't actually need to prove friendships. You could have just come in here and made the announcement about Odie's passing but no you didn't. You chose to start another thread because even now, this is all about show and trying to prove you must be a better person because you phoned and you were about to send her a little present from England.

I'm just exasperated and saddened by the whole fiasco.
spot

Post by spot »

Mind you, if Odie were still around she'd have pitched in too.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1368748 wrote: Mind you, if Odie were still around she'd have pitched in too. Yes she would :wah::wah::wah:
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1368746 wrote: What a bloody farce this has turned into now!

You keep going on about guilt Oscar but friends don't actually need to prove friendships. You could have just come in here and made the announcement about Odie's passing but no you didn't. You chose to start another thread because even now, this is all about show and trying to prove you must be a better person because you phoned and you were about to send her a little present from England.

I'm just exasperated and saddened by the whole fiasco. Assumptions Betty.

Your post Is a mere continuation of the farce you accuse others of.

The mere fact that there are 7 people watching this thread and none on her passing proves my point exactly.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1368749 wrote: Yes she would :wah::wah::wah:

You needn't laugh, it would have been you she was scragging in this thread. Assuming she could make head or tail of it.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1368751 wrote: Assumptions Betty.

Your post Is a mere continuation of the farce you accuse others of.

And your constant need to have the last word and put people right isn't??
Oscar Namechange

spot;1368752 wrote: You needn't laugh, it would have been you she was scragging in this thread. Assuming she could make head or tail of it.

Go to my profile and read the last message she left me about YOU.
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1368753 wrote: And your constant need to have the last word and put people right isn't?? And what exactly are you doing In this post?
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

spot;1368748 wrote: Mind you, if Odie were still around she'd have pitched in too.

Actually, I do believe if Odie would have started this thread, she would have closed it by now because of the drama.
spot

Post by spot »

I think you mean deleted, Shirley.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

oscar;1368754 wrote: Go to my profile and read the last message she left me about YOU.

Odie wrote:

I just have been through some dramatic events in my real world and realized life is just to short.

:-1
spot

Post by spot »

I tried hard to include "too" in her lexicon but to no avail.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

spot;1368766 wrote: I think you mean deleted, Shirley.

No, closed it since you made it clear that the privilege to delete threads was now removed for subscribing members.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1368768 wrote: I tried hard to include "too" in her lexicon but to no avail. So did I but Joan being Joan Insisted It was 'to' and told me I was wrong. ha ha
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oscar

Your tone creates a defense - FG has been very lenient with you - appreciate it.

Patsy
cars

Post by cars »

Very sad in deed, R.I.P. JOAN.
Cars :)
Oscar Namechange

Patsy Warnick;1368778 wrote: Oscar

Your tone creates a defense - FG has been very lenient with you - appreciate it.

Patsy You complain about the Input of this thread and then add some more... The agitator Is you Patsy. You are the one who keeps coming back. Hit a raw nerve did I ?Wouldn't It just be far nicer to go and write something nice about Joan on the thread about her passing?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Why not write something nice in both threads?
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1368784 wrote: Why not write something nice in both threads? Well said.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oscar

You've made this thread about you - you should be ashamed - but your not.?

You'll reply so you can get the last word and hopefully this thread will be done...

One can only hope "Oscar" is a short story.

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Patsy Warnick;1368788 wrote: Oscar

You've made this thread about you - you should be ashamed - but your not.?

You'll reply so you can get the last word and hopefully this thread will be done...

One can only hope "Oscar" is a short story.

Patsy
If you say so dear, if you say so.

I have asked you three times now to write something nice on the thread of Joan's passing. It seems apparent to all what your Intentions are here. What a shame ?

Return to “General Chit Chat”