Identify Yourself As A Plant?

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Paula

Post by Paula »

If this is a garden of forum, what type of plant are you? :sneaky:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Cass

Post by Cass »

Well I have noticed a few snap dragons around the garden...;) but I would have to say I am a gladiola ~ named for the Roman Gladiators and always ready for battle. :D

lady cop is probably a daisy LOL
Paula

Post by Paula »

truly a well derserving bulb that is planted for a reason, only one time it is of use. :wah:
Cass

Post by Cass »

Paula wrote: truly a well derserving bulb that is planted for a reason, only one time it is of use.
once is enough :D
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

>>^..^ Well I have noticed a few snap dragons around the garden...;) but I would have to say I am a gladiola ~ named for the Roman Gladiators and always ready for battle. :D

lady cop is probably a daisy LOL
yeah...remember an obnoxious song from years ago, " a daisy a day"? ewwww. no , i am a coconut palm. tall and lethal. :cool: when those coconuts fall on your windshield you are in trouble. lesson #1, don't park under palm trees. :-6
Cass

Post by Cass »

lady cop wrote: lesson #1, don't park under palm trees. :-6 We don't have them in toronto... well, except for the potted ones in the mall.
Paula

Post by Paula »

I remember my plants...i really believe i am a mother of Rose & a sweet pea, i am always giving to my children, & my parents (desceased) called one-another sweet pea, a rose (very fragrant) & a pea (edible) makes a good combination??? when i say giving to my children, that means, always listen and focus, focus, on how good they are... :D

My husband comes from the family of animal food growers, he is a (CORN) stalk, a tall plant that thrives on sunshine and grasp....not anymore...knees shot, a bit of weight, but still looks good.... :)
koan

Post by koan »

Okay, I'll play. First thing that came to mind...I'm an Aloe Vera.
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Paula wrote: If this is a garden of forum, what type of plant are you? :sneaky:

I don't think simply naming the plant is enough. One must logically identify him or her with the plant.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

My real name means palm tree...so I like lady cop's "tall and lethal" description. :wah:

My dad used to call me Morning Glory.

But I think I am something prickly and soft at the same time. LOL
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Cass

Post by Cass »

((( hippy ))) wrote: i would have to be rosemary,
Hippy ~ I expected you to be marijuana!
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

I think i am a gerbera, nice and bright :D
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

I'm a picky eater so I would probably be a Violate that needs to be bottem fed. At least I think that plant is a violate.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

Magic
koan

Post by koan »

LottomagicZ4941 wrote: I'm a picky eater so I would probably be a Violate that needs to be bottem fed. At least I think that plant is a violate.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

Magic

Be very careful when you use the words "bottom fed" and "violate" in the same sentence. :wah:
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Hey gadeners, now when you have identified yourself as a plant, tell us why this plant and not the other plant.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

abbey

Post by abbey »

koan wrote: Be very careful when you use the words "bottom fed" and "violate" in the same sentence. :wah:
(Yea, especially around sweetpea Paula lol)

I like to think i'm like a strawberry plant, hard to nurture but fruity, sweet & juicy!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Lilly, Rose, Daisy, Petunia & Iris, all names for females. :thinking:
koan

Post by koan »

Suresh,

I said I was Aloe Vera because it seems cold and prickly on the outside but it is full of healing goodness on the inside. You haven't said what you are.
minks

Post by minks »

Paula wrote: If this is a garden of forum, what type of plant are you? :sneaky:

A great cedar tree, I would love to grow and live for a very long time
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Paula

Post by Paula »

Very good, cedar is slow growing, fragrant & long lived.... :-6
minks

Post by minks »

Paula wrote: Very good, cedar is slow growing, fragrant & long lived.... :-6

ooo I have to be fragrant oooo noooooo

― Mae West
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

minks wrote: A great cedar tree, I would love to grow and live for a very long time

Does cedar protect people under it?
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Paula

Post by Paula »

Suresh Gupta wrote: Does cedar protect people under it?

I don't understand the question? I believe they have a very large root system, depending on the size, so no-one could be buried under a tree? We use cedar here for poles and they are a hard wood, that lasts a long time? Cedar is related to the Pine Family of trees, it would not be suitable for a christmas tree.
minks

Post by minks »

Suresh Gupta wrote: Does cedar protect people under it?
If you stood under a cedar tree in the rain or snow I believe it would protect you from the rain or snow somewhat

― Mae West
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Paula wrote: I don't understand the question? I believe they have a very large root system, depending on the size, so no-one could be buried under a tree? We use cedar here for poles and they are a hard wood, that lasts a long time? Cedar is related to the Pine Family of trees, it would not be suitable for a christmas tree.

Trees are like human beings. When we identify ourselves with a tree do we compare as to what extent we are like or unlike that tree? Cedar has plus (strong root system, no fear of being burried under it, used as pole to give support to something) and minus points (not suitable for a christmas tree). What I meant was, do we also have these plus or minus points as compared to cedar with which we have identified ourselves?
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Paula

Post by Paula »

Yes, i guess that is acceptable in comparison to human life.
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

PrinceMelek wrote: My real name means lotus flower....so I must represent spirituality or something...but I think to be a venus fly trap would be much more interesting :p

When you have such a nice name which means lotus flower, why do you want to be venus fly trap?

The mind is always open. Some people have a closed mind but that is denoting that someone is not ready to accept anything which does not meet his thinking.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Paula

Post by Paula »

Suresh Gupta wrote: When you have such a nice name which means lotus flower, why do you want to be venus fly trap?

The mind is always open. Some people have a closed mind but that is denoting that someone is not ready to accept anything which does not meet his thinking.

A closed mind doesn't enjoy life, I am not sure what a lotus flower is, however i am a plant person. I will look for information about the Lotus Flower. In my earlier days, plants were everything to me, i could walk on any road and identfy plants. (wild). :-6
persephone

Post by persephone »

One of these Paula

And look here for info about it http://www.anaflora.com/articles/fe-pro ... lower.html :-6
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Paula wrote: A closed mind doesn't enjoy life, I am not sure what a lotus flower is, however i am a plant person. I will look for information about the Lotus Flower. In my earlier days, plants were everything to me, i could walk on any road and identfy plants. (wild). :-6

Lotus is considered the purest flower inspite of it growing in mud. It is not affected by mud. This gives a message that one should not be affected by bad things in life inspite of living in a world full of bad influences.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

letha wrote: One of these Paula

And look here for info about it http://www.anaflora.com/articles/fe-pro ... lower.html :-6

Thanks Letha for pointing out the Website on lotus flower. May I add one point that one major political party in India has Lotus as its election symbol.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Paula

Post by Paula »

letha wrote: One of these Paula

Letha, That is so beautiful, I'm happy to see, you are looking out for me. Thank You So Much...How can i get photos on a reply? :-6
Paula

Post by Paula »

Suresh Gupta wrote: Lotus is considered the purest flower inspite of it growing in mud. It is not affected by mud. This gives a message that one should not be affected by bad things in life inspite of living in a world full of bad influences.

The relation between plants and humans are; plants have male & female organs, all plants & humans are good in their own way, as well as any influences. There are plants that are not good like Poppy (opium) marijuana, there are more for sure, these are just immediate examples. You have to admit, to idenfity yourself as a plant has been entertaining and interesting...enjoy. :-6
persephone

Post by persephone »

Paula wrote: How can i get photos on a reply?
Do you still want to know the answer to this?
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Yes, i am getting together some good ideas to show things on the forum...I have also asked in the Question Thread the same...could you explain,,,thanks...
persephone

Post by persephone »

Posting pictures

This guide will help you to do it properly.

1. Find a picture on the web, in this instance we will use a plate of curry.

2. Right click the picture and scroll down to where you see the word 'properties'.

3. select this option.

4. Use your mouse to highlight the image address and then use your [ctrl] & [c] keys to copy it:

5. use your [ctrl] & [V] keys to paste the image address into your post.

6. In order to make the image appear in your post you must wrap the address with the tags like this:

You can either type this manually or you can click the special [img] button that is found on the posting page.

If you have done this correctly it should work in most cases, however some websites have special restrictions in place to prevent you from linking to their pictures. Use the preview option to check it is working.

Just need to add this to the end so if he comes looking to see what I've hotlinked he won't get so angry... A certain Mr Messy wrote these instructions and I just borrowed it because it was easier.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Excellent, I will have my puter guy look at this and then the show can begin. Letha you are very good on how to use the computer, excellent and thanks...give me some time. bye. bye... :-6
abbey

Post by abbey »

Paula wrote: Letha, That is so beautiful, I'm happy to see, you are looking out for me. Thank You So Much...How can i get photos on a reply? :-6
Paula to put pictures on your post, when you are posting a message scroll to the bottom of the page past submit reply to additional options click on attachments, then click on browse, then go to where you store your pictures & select one, click upload, close window when loaded then submit reply.

WHOOPSADAISY.........

Attached files
Paula

Post by Paula »

I like penguins, thanks for the info..have i been a good girl? I can be if i have to. :-6

To see the thumbnail moving is also interesting...thank you.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Paula wrote: I like penguins, thanks for the info..have i been a good girl? I can be if i have to. :-6

To see the thumbnail moving is also interesting...thank you.
I like the "new" Paula, but i have to admit i kinda miss the sassy Paula in a perverse way!!!

Hope the blue is'nt reflecting your mood Paula?
Paula

Post by Paula »

No mood problems at the moment. I tried to show something, no success. Soon you will see some good dishes. Be patient, your favorite casserole is coming to the screen, don't get mad now.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Paula wrote: A closed mind doesn't enjoy life, I am not sure what a lotus flower is, however i am a plant person. I will look for information about the Lotus Flower. In my earlier days, plants were everything to me, i could walk on any road and identfy plants. (wild). :-6

If you could be a plant what kind would you want to be? Why...
abbey

Post by abbey »

A Very Miserable Sickly Sunflower At The Moment.........

Attached files
Gabs

Post by Gabs »

A Dogwood Tree :-3
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Paula

Post by Paula »

Gabs, that is a real good one? Dog Wood Trees come in Pink or WHite, i would guess that to be Female & MALe? hahahaha...
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Hey, Paula, How'd I miss this one? This is pretty neat, identify yourself as a plant. I don't know much about gardening, but I do know Hastas (sp?) are a very hard plant to hurt. (I keep a lot of them around for when I kill off my other plants.) And they remind me of me. Stubborn. Can't make them wilt no matter what you do to them.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Return to “Introductions”