Wedding Countdown

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
chonsigirl

Wedding Countdown

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, 6 days now. The turmoil is almost over. I have never been on the fringes of such silliness in my life.

Update on the soap opera side of it: daughter moved out with boyfriend in January, mom doesn't like it. Mom pays to fly in family members and put them up in hotel-well, gotta have the dad here, brother, sister-grandmother is too sick to fly now, had to cancel those tickets last week. One bridal shower was scheduled when mom was out of town-a phone call told her "That's too bad, but we ain't changing it." Mom asks weekly to be introduced to future in-laws-nope, not until bridal dinner this Friday.

My dress for wedding is ready, my hair will be braided by owner of beauty salon-my old students started arguing who was going to do it, and the owner stepped in and said he would. I guess I will look all right.

Now what to wear for the bridal dinner-I have a little black dress I have never worn, yup, I am going to saunter in wearing it. Got heels to go with it, girls are going to faint. What's a girl going to do, first introduction at such a late date-I figure if I'm in heels I'm unlikely to give a few of them a swift kick for being so rude.

I feel like the proverbial doormat-why would they not want to meet me? Why am I on the outside looking in, not involved in any frivolities? Why were we not invited to the family shower?!

How can such happy events turn into drama like this!

How can I stay out of mischief and future consequences, like "we knew you were no-good" or stuff like that? (like who has been feeding them such information, or saying I am unavailable when I've never been asked?) Yes, I really need advice on this-little old me who can blab forever, now afraid to say a word, or what could possibly happen.....
spot

Wedding Countdown

Post by spot »

My goodness. You're behaving remarkably well, considering. Drama's a mild word for it.

Sit back and watch, really. Firstly there's not a lot of choice and secondly you'll earn a stack of good-behavior points for later.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Wedding Countdown

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Gosh I've seen this kind of thing before . Saunter in to your hearts content. Smile sweetly at every single person in the room, chat openly with all who address you . And give those who **** you off a "Knowing smirk" .

I know a man who floored everyone at his daughters wedding ...he was always put down and the family were against him. And it was rumered that he'd stuff up his speech get drunk and talk bullocks.....Well didn't he show them . He thanked everyone who came and then thanked his ex wife for raising his daughter to the outstanding woman she was today. .....if people werent falling off their chairs they had broad smiles on their faces and his son later said to him "Well that fixed the barstards ". Then he restrained himself when his ex's husband put his hand on his shoulder and shook hands with him . For what had happened int he past and the intense hate he had for that man that was an unbelievable achievement.

Walked out with his head held high and a big satisfied grin on his face.

:)
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Wedding Countdown

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1368064 wrote: Gosh I've seen this kind of thing before . Saunter in to your hearts content. Smile sweetly at every single person in the room, chat openly with all who address you . And give those who **** you off a "Knowing smirk" .

I know a man who floored everyone at his daughters wedding ...he was always put down and the family were against him. And it was rumered that he'd stuff up his speech get drunk and talk bullocks.....Well didn't he show them . He thanked everyone who came and then thanked his ex wife for raising his daughter to the outstanding woman she was today. .....if people werent falling off their chairs they had broad smiles on their faces and his son later said to him "Well that fixed the barstards ". Then he restrained himself when his ex's husband put his hand on his shoulder and shook hands with him . For what had happened int he past and the intense hate he had for that man that was an unbelievable achievement.

Walked out with his head held high and a big satisfied grin on his face.

:)

And his daughter's utmost respect and thanks I am sure :-)
fuzzywuzzy

Wedding Countdown

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

well their relationship has become much stronger and he was the one she wanted around when her son was dying ...so I guess so . :0 ..I guess no one ever sees the worth of 'cool, come and collected' at he time that they have to be . ..what do they say ? " Respect is not given , it's earned." :)

Return to “Members' News”