Trying to see if I can post an image.

Testing 1,2,3. This is the place to try out posting, uploading, adding a signature, and all that!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

obviously not ... sigh!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

What happened when you tried?
spot

Post by spot »

Umm.

How big is yours? - if you'll excuse the innuendo.

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bryn & Spot ... Thank you ... I went to my photo bucket account ... Okay i typed new thread ... clicked on the image icon ... there were two like http// whatevers ... I tried typing the long one in with lotsa numbers and it didn't work ... then i tried the short one ... ditto
spot

Post by spot »

Some vBulletin forums have an additional plugin component to incorporate photobucket images. ForumGarden has not added it.

I've gone to photobucket and found an image. I'm putting the URL between IMG BB tags - you can see what it looks like if you press Reply With Quote. This way is called Hotlinking. Photobucket gives the full text including the IMG BB tags in a list of alternative URLs. There are several other ways of bringing in a photo from Photobucket.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

spot;1364939 wrote: Some vBulletin forums have an additional plugin component to incorporate photobucket images. ForumGarden has not added it.

I've gone to photobucket and found an image. I'm putting the URL between IMG BB tags - you can see what it looks like if you press Reply With Quote. This way is called Hotlinking. Photobucket gives the full text including the IMG BB tags in a list of alternative URLs. There are several other ways of bringing in a photo from Photobucket.

Thanx Spot ... Now that I can actually see it, I guess it may be easier to understand. I will give it a try soon.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Okay ... Here's an image of BooBoo ...[/IMG]
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Okay here is what I copied from Bucket ... I pasted it into FG after clicking on the image icon ... so what did I do wrong?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Wow now it worked ... why?
spot

Post by spot »

jones jones;1364944 wrote: Wow now it worked ... why?

If you click Reply With Quote on the one that failed you'll see the confused content. The copy/paste messed up by the look of it.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Hi jj!

how I upload is by clicking on the 'paperclip icon' at the top here inside the post area.

then click 'browse'

click on the pic you want, press 'open,' then 'upload'....when your pic is done it will tell you at the bottom.....if its a real picture you have taken, it may take a few minutes.

close that box and I press preview to make sure the proper picture attached....then press send....

you can also scroll down and click 'manage attachments after you press 'edit' and 'go advance' in your post and delete one/s you did by mistake.

froggie

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Okay Guys ... What I did with the one I stuffed up was to copy & paste the URL into the box that appeared in the thread after I clicked on the image icon. With the one that put up BooBoo's image I did the same except instead of pasting it in that box, I pasted it straight into the thread. So, what I want to do is to be able to make the image/s I want to paste a bit bigger. Do I need to first resize them on Bucket and then post the URL into the thread?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Odie;1364952 wrote: Hi jj!

how I upload is by clicking on the 'paperclip icon' at the top here inside the post area.

then click 'browse'

click on the pic you want, press 'open,' then 'upload'....when your pic is done it will tell you at the bottom.....if its a real picture you have taken, it may take a few minutes.

close that box and I press preview to make sure the proper picture attached....then press send....

you can also scroll down and click 'manage attachments after you press 'edit' and 'go advance' in your post and delete one/s you did by mistake.

froggie

Thanx Odie ... I will try this too. :-6
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1364996 wrote: Okay Guys ... What I did with the one I stuffed up was to copy & paste the URL into the box that appeared in the thread after I clicked on the image icon. With the one that put up BooBoo's image I did the same except instead of pasting it in that box, I pasted it straight into the thread. So, what I want to do is to be able to make the image/s I want to paste a bit bigger. Do I need to first resize them on Bucket and then post the URL into the thread?

ForumGarden tries to resize images so that they do not cause problems for users with smaller screen sizes - this is why it is better to use manage attachments to upload the pictures (the other advantage is that you only use up bandwidth once rather than every time the image is viewed).

Normally, when it is done correctly, a user can click on the image to see it full size.

I don't know the original size of your booboo image but it appears to have come across as a thumbnail rather than the full size image.
Odie

Post by Odie »

jones jones;1364998 wrote: Thanx Odie ... I will try this too. :-6

your welcome jj, let me know how you make out.
Life is just to short for drama.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bryn Mawr;1365000 wrote: ForumGarden tries to resize images so that they do not cause problems for users with smaller screen sizes - this is why it is better to use manage attachments to upload the pictures (the other advantage is that you only use up bandwidth once rather than every time the image is viewed).

Normally, when it is done correctly, a user can click on the image to see it full size.

I don't know the original size of your booboo image but it appears to have come across as a thumbnail rather than the full size image.

I get it Bryn ... so if I do it the way Odie said by clicking on the paperclip, then the manage attachments comes up ... Is that the best way for all concerned?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1365008 wrote: I get it Bryn ... so if I do it the way Odie said by clicking on the paperclip, then the manage attachments comes up ... Is that the best way for all concerned?

Go Advanced, scroll down below the text entry box and click on manage attachments then browse to where your image is to select it and click on upload.

Return to “Test Forum”