ForumGarden ownership

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
spot

ForumGarden ownership

Post by spot »

Ownership of ForumGarden transferred this week to Bryn Mawr who has himself been a member for the last six years and a Moderator for much of that period.

Members will perhaps take the opportunity of thanking Tombstone for creating and, for seven years, running the site. Together with Anastrophe he was responsible for the tone and policy during its formative phase.

Speaking personally, I have always found it a pleasure to read his posts and instructive to moderate under his guidance. I hope he continues to post here for many years to come.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Clodhopper »

Well this has me stopped dead in my tracks like an elephant by an Abrams!

You're joking aren't you?

You're not.

Congrats, Bryn Mawr. Can't think of a better person to take over.

Thank you Tombstone, Anastrophe in particular, and all those who have made the place work for all these years.

Even, and especially, spot.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Betty Boop

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Betty Boop »

Wow, seven years hey, I arrived here three months after start up then disappeared for a few months but when I was able to return I found a great supportive community on these boards so thank you to Tombstone for providing a forum where I found support during an incredibly difficult period of my life.

Those early years were the best ever at FG, great members where serious threads took place alongside all sorts of fun and games in Bothwells Pub. What happened to Bothwell anyway...

There were arguments, and very heated debates but they didn't involve gangs of people taking sides, the two main antagonists were left to get on with it :wah:

I know that recently the site became more fraught with people ganging up on one another and poor Tombstone has had to act as some sort of mediator between grown adults who really should know how to behave better.

I never would have met a lovely lady called Theia had it not been for FG, posting alongside each other for months eventually we realised that we lived within 20 mins of each other. We organised a meeting and have been firm friends ever since, I even dragged Theia off with me to the first ever FG meet in London and we giggled like schoolgirls all the way at the insane idea that we were off to meet a bunch of strangers in a strange place to us :-3 We had a back up plan though, if these people did seem odd and weird we'd stick firmly together, leave as soon as we could and find a hotel to escape to :wah: Thankfully we never had to, our hosts who offered to put us up were wonderful as were all the members we met.

For me personally it's a huge THANK YOU to you Tombstone for creating a great place where real and great friendships have been made. I too hope you will continue to post here :-6
Betty Boop

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Betty Boop »

And... I didn't forget in my first post but it didn't feel right to Congratulate Bryn within the same post :wah:

FG couldn't have gone to a better person and long may it continue.

Good luck with your new venture Bryn! :-4
theia

ForumGarden ownership

Post by theia »

Congratulations, Bryn :-6 You'll be a worthy owner and I'm feeling a renewed enthusiasm in Forum Garden. Let's all try and restore FG to its former glory...for me it has always been the best forum I've known.

Oh, Betty, your post has reminded me of times past (well, and present). Your lovely little daughter was in a pushchair when we met for the first time, and yesterday, you were buying her two beautiful Monsoon dresses, aged 9-10!!! Wow! Do you remember when you, Acc and I were reading HGTTG on the book thread back in 2005 (?)...we never did finish it but it helped me get over my initial timidity (shame that's not timididdy) at posting. Oh yes, that first London weekend visit!! Armed with several thousand Cornish pasties and enough clothes for six months, off we went in your Corsa, me hanging on for grim death because I hate motorways (how did you put up with me, with my foot constantly on the break on the passenger side :wah:) We didn't have a clue what the others would be like...and they were all lovely!

As soon as we arrived at Raven's, we were all fighting for the computer to log on to FG to let everyone know how it was going. And it was certainly an Anglo/American/Canadian experience...Weeder from America, Minks from Canada. And you and I have been friends ever since (except when cardis come into the equation). Thank you for that :-4

Thanks to my lovely American friends here who supported me when I hightailed it to Nebraska with barely a thought for what might happen :-4 :yh_blush

And of course, a huge thank you to Tombstone and Anastrophe who made it all possible by creating Forum Garden.

This is a new beginning for FG...come on everyone, let's get on with rebuilding both the old and the new :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bruv

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Bruv »

Well I never !!!!!

I had to look and it appears I have been here since 2007, lurking and posting without really 'joining', but that is just me.

I was at first amazed at the size of this site, and the mix of members, unlike any other forum I have been a member.

There are very real people here, with a mix of personalities.........who actually meet up.....amazing!!!!

Does this mean a change in direction, at the moment it seems FG is based mid Atlantic with outposts everywhere, are we to see a subtle flavour (with a U) change ?

Congratulations Bryn more power to your elbow.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

Well, what can I say? You've worked hard and proven to be the most wonderful mod here.

You've always been fair and treated members with care and respect.

hats off Bryn!:yh_party

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
gmc

ForumGarden ownership

Post by gmc »

It was tombstone that lured me way back in the early days. Congratulations bryn and I hope you can sustain the free flowing discussions and hopefully put off those idiots that think you shouldn't actually disagree with anyone in case you hurt their feelings.
along-for-the-ride

ForumGarden ownership

Post by along-for-the-ride »

So this begs the proverbial question, "What do you want on your Tombstone?". A big helping of gratitude with smiles on the side. (I do hope all is well with Tombstone and that he continues to post.)

Bryn Mawr is another fine gentleman and I am glad he is the one who has taken over FG.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bryn Mawr

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I am genuinely saddened the Tombstone has decided to stand down as owner - I think he's done a fantastic job in nurturing ForumGarden over the years and want to add my thanks to yours.

He has, however, decided to step down and the Garden must go on - better with one of us at the helm that any possible outsider.

I hope that the flavor (without a U) of the site won't change, we have a mid-Atlantic core and a (sadly reduced at the moment) Antipodean contingent with outposts throughout the rest of the world and I think that it is an important part of what ForumGarden is.

I echo Tombstone's belief that civility is key - rant'n'rave this ain't and long may that continue but it is a discussion forum as well as a place to relax and have fun. Disagree with each other as much as you like but politely and without malice.

So welcome to the brave new world of ForumGarden - I hope I can do half the job Tombstone has done :-6
Littlelou

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Littlelou »

Congratulations to you Bryn Mawr for becoming ForumGardens new owner.

Naturally as a newbie I have no past memories from here, but what I do know is that when I tripped on the step :wah: rushing to come in to join what I could see is a very successful forum, you came to greet me, that made me feel very welcome indeed.

I can tell that a lot of hard work, planning, and a lot of commitment has been put into this very well run forum by Tombstone, and helping along side Anastrophe, with all the moderators input, and of course a lot of very happy members who from what I can see have made lot's of really nice friends too, each and everyone has made this a very inviting community.

It is plain to see that you are a very respected man, have been a great moderator for a long time, so I am wishing you all the very best indeed..

Little Lou.
Mustang

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Mustang »

Congratulations Bryn on your new endeavor!

I know you will do a fine job with this forum! :-6

Hats off to Tombstone for the many years that he dedicated his time and efforts to FG to keep it one of the best forums out there! :guitarist
CARLA

ForumGarden ownership

Post by CARLA »

Tombstone you will be missed greatly. This is the only forum I post on and it is home. I understand wanting to move on and your choice of a new owner is an excellent one Bryn is a gentleman of the highest quality in all respects. I hope we see you around the garden and all goes well for you. :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Kathy Ellen »

This is the best news that I've heard in a long time Bryn. I'm very happy that you're the new owner of FG.

You have always been one of the finest men in FG...that's for sure.

Congrats to you!!!!!
cars

ForumGarden ownership

Post by cars »

Things never stay the same forever, here's living proof!

Many thanks Tombstone for the FG past, and many thanks Bryn for there being a FG future!
Cars :)
Accountable

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Accountable »

Huge thanks to TS & Anastrophe (maybe he'll come back?) and congrats to Bryn. The Garden was my first forum home and I still lurk daily. I think I've changed more than FG has, so I don't spend as much time here as I used to, but it still has an irresistible pull for me.

Here's to bigger and better things to come! I've started a wish list toward that end. :sneaky: :D
fuzzywuzzy

ForumGarden ownership

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bryn Mawr;1363130 wrote: I am genuinely saddened the Tombstone has decided to stand down as owner - I think he's done a fantastic job in nurturing ForumGarden over the years and want to add my thanks to yours.

He has, however, decided to step down and the Garden must go on - better with one of us at the helm that any possible outsider.

I hope that the flavor (without a U) of the site won't change, we have a mid-Atlantic core and a (sadly reduced at the moment) Antipodean contingent with outposts throughout the rest of the world and I think that it is an important part of what ForumGarden is.

I echo Tombstone's belief that civility is key - rant'n'rave this ain't and long may that continue but it is a discussion forum as well as a place to relax and have fun. Disagree with each other as much as you like but politely and without malice.

So welcome to the brave new world of ForumGarden - I hope I can do half the job Tombstone has done :-6

God help us all!!!!! and you called me an antipodean ....and the minute I look up what that exactly means I'm gunna come down on you like a tonne of bricks .!!!!!!

:)
weeder

ForumGarden ownership

Post by weeder »

It was almost 7 years ago that I touched the keyboard of my first computer, typed in garden, found FG, and an incredible adventure began for me.

What an amazing time I had here. I was the US representative for the first FG meet up in London. An adventure of a lifetime. I too arrived thinking if I meet a bunch of weirdos, I will quietly dissapear into the crowd. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I loved every single person who I met on the trip, they felt like family. The way they welcomed me was simply unforgettable. My life was enriched because of meeting all of you. Not just on the trip, but during the years I spent speaking with all of you, on FG. Just because I no longer participate, do not think I have ever forgotten any of you. If things were the way they were years ago, I would be here. I enjoy having discussions, with give and take, the way it used to be. Even the drama was fun. My life is so different from the way it was back then, and I would love to share my experiences with you. England is always in my life it seems. Happily I have a new friend here in Virginia from England, and so maybe I will get back there one day. Theia and Betty it was so nice to see you both here this morning. Love to you both. Love to all of you. Best wishes for the forum to continue with a new owner. I will check in, and see how it goes. Weeder
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1363130 wrote: I am genuinely saddened the Tombstone has decided to stand down as owner - I think he's done a fantastic job in nurturing ForumGarden over the years and want to add my thanks to yours.

Tombstone will be missed....he never came here to much as he was a busy man, but I always knew he was around and he was always around for me and I thank him for that. Thanks Tombstone for giving me the best forum around!:-6

Bryn, you above all will indeed make a wonderful leader, life changes and we move on.

So let's all celebrate to you & share in some cake.

(will spot still be here?:sneaky::yh_rotfl)

thanks Tombstone!:-4

‪Dirty Dancing - Time of my Life (Final Dance) - High Quality‬‏ - YouTube

Attached files
flopstock

ForumGarden ownership

Post by flopstock »

:yh_clap:yh_clap

good move!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

ForumGarden ownership

Post by YZGI »

I thought it seemed a little more British around here this morning..
spot

ForumGarden ownership

Post by spot »

YZGI;1363206 wrote: I thought it seemed a little more British around here this morning..

Damn, is it July already? I knew I should have changed me kecks when the evenings got longer.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Saint_

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Saint_ »

Fascinating. Well...change comes to all things. I still think that forums are better than facebook.
chonsigirl

ForumGarden ownership

Post by chonsigirl »

Thank you TS for all you have done for us, I will miss you greatly.

Kudos to you Bryn for taking over, it couldn't be a better person than you to run the FG ship.
G#Gill

ForumGarden ownership

Post by G#Gill »

Congratulations to Bryn, ownership has gone to the best person for the job !

Thank you Tombstone and Anastrophe for producing such a classy forum and nurturing it into probably the best site of its kind on the internet. The site that many others try, but fail, to be like.

However, any site is only as good as its members, and FG had one or two iffy members over time who managed to upset the applecart, and cause some regular contributors to leave, despite the best efforts of the moderators. Now if anybody can turn around this site and have it running like it used to be a few years ago, Bryn will be that person I'm sure. All the very best to you Bryn Mawr.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1363402 wrote: Congratulations to Bryn, ownership has gone to the best person for the job !

Thank you Tombstone and Anastrophe for producing such a classy forum and nurturing it into probably the best site of its kind on the internet. The site that many others try, but fail, to be like.

However, any site is only as good as its members,and cause some regular contributors to leave, despite the best efforts of the mode and one or two iffy FG had members over time who managed to upset the applecart, rators. Now if anybody can turn around this site and have it running like it used to be a few years ago, Bryn will be that person I'm sure. All the very best to you Bryn Mawr.

'However, any site is only as good as its members,and caused some regular contributors to leave, and one or two iffy FG had members over time who managed to upset the applecart.'

funny how every time you post now, it ends up with negativity.

you remember the expression, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it?
fuzzywuzzy

ForumGarden ownership

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Saint_;1363214 wrote: Fascinating. Well...change comes to all things. I still think that forums are better than facebook.

bite your tongue boy!!! FB is brilliant.... and I shall prove it.!!! YOu have a kind of vaccum with forums because it only attracts a one minded sense of human beings .Facebook however has a multiple base of humans in which to confer ...You learn a lot by being on that site .
G#Gill

ForumGarden ownership

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1363413 wrote: 'However, any site is only as good as its members,and caused some regular contributors to leave, and one or two iffy FG had members over time who managed to upset the applecart.'

funny how every time you post now, it ends up with negativity.

you remember the expression, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it?

What I said was the truth. Am I not allowed to speak the truth now ? Why try to hide what is there for all to see? Oh and by the way, if you insist on quoting me kindly quote precisely what I have written, in the order I have written it or do not quote me - it can change the meaning of what I am trying to say, and that is not fair is it ? It can also rebound back against you.

Also, why do you attack me every time I post ? No wonder I hardly ever post anything now ! You were quick enough to jump in with a sarcastic comment at me on a 'Reported Post' thread a couple of weeks ago. That thread was nothing to do with you anyway. Please leave me alone.

Perhaps you should abide by what you said in your last sentence in your post No.26 in the 'Forum Garden Ownership' thread. :yh_smiley
Lon

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Lon »

Great job Tombstone-----------Thanks muchly & Bryn--------------Congrats and best of luck.
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1363424 wrote: What I said was the truth. Am I not allowed to speak the truth now ? Why try to hide what is there for all to see? Oh and by the way, if you insist on quoting me kindly quote precisely what I have written, in the order I have written it or do not quote me - it can change the meaning of what I am trying to say, and that is not fair is it ? It can also rebound back against you.

Also, why do you attack me every time I post ? No wonder I hardly ever post anything now ! You were quick enough to jump in with a sarcastic comment at me on a 'Reported Post' thread a couple of weeks ago. That thread was nothing to do with you anyway. Please leave me alone.

Perhaps you should abide by what you said in your last sentence in your post No.26 in the 'Forum Garden Ownership' thread. :yh_smiley

I changed your quote as it had a lot of typing errors.

There have been quite a few times you have posted here complaining, no one wants to hear that, so don't give excuses why you don't post here much.

Every time your here posting, you either bring up past members who have left, but not in a nice way, yes, Gill many have left as I talk to them daily on facebook, and other forums but unlike you, we don't gossip about other members.

You put spot through hell trying to prove to you Jazzy was a liar. That was just a tad over the top:rolleyes:

and what reported post was this that I replied sarcastically?
Oscar Namechange

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Many Thanks to TS and Congratulations to Bryn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AussiePam

ForumGarden ownership

Post by AussiePam »

It's very nice to see some old friends again in here. Who knows, things might be looking up. Thanks to Tombstone, for all he's done. And congratulations and best wishes to Bryn !!! An excellent decision.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

theia

ForumGarden ownership

Post by theia »

I'm stalking you, Pammie...you're not going to get away this time :wah:

Anyway, how are you? What have you been up to?

Everything is much the same with me...getting older and maybe a little crabbier but, on the whole, life is okay. I'm going to be a great gran in December :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AussiePam

ForumGarden ownership

Post by AussiePam »

theia;1363729 wrote: I'm stalking you, Pammie...you're not going to get away this time :wah:

Anyway, how are you? What have you been up to?

Everything is much the same with me...getting older and maybe a little crabbier but, on the whole, life is okay. I'm going to be a great gran in December :-6

I'm thinking Betty and brown cardies, the pacing Tiger, and lots of good Cornish stuff... happy memories, Theia. I must say this is the first time I've popped into FG and actually seen a few people I know. I haven't posted in yonks. Still cruise by, occasionally. All mostly OK here. I'm hoping to plough a few slopes next week. The snow's good. Take care... and congrats on imminent greatgranhood. WOW !!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

it almost feels like old times again, Oscar, how many fox's do you have now and do you have any pics? I used to love your stories on them all and how you saved so much food from where you worked to feed them.........bless you for helping them as tons of animals are now coming further in towns everywhere as three is no food left.

I lost my shyguy the stray I used to keep.......I now have 3 new strays, a female and male I was feeding brought a kitten not more than a month old to eat....I fed him tinned cat food until he got older....he's almost a year old now, he is small and just so sweet.

thanks Tomestone!:-6
YZGI

ForumGarden ownership

Post by YZGI »

Odie;1363754 wrote: it almost feels like old times again, Oscar, how many fox's do you have now and do you have any pics? I used to love your stories on them all and how you saved so much food from where you worked to feed them.........bless you for helping them as tons of animals are now coming further in towns everywhere as three is no food left.

I lost my shyguy the stray I used to keep.......I now have 3 new strays, a female and male I was feeding brought a kitten not more than a month old to eat....I fed him tinned cat food until he got older....he's almost a year old now, he is small and just so sweet.

thanks Tomestone!:-6

I reckon if you're eatin kitten ya oughta eat the youngins..
Oscar Namechange

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1363754 wrote: it almost feels like old times again, Oscar, how many fox's do you have now and do you have any pics? I used to love your stories on them all and how you saved so much food from where you worked to feed them.........bless you for helping them as tons of animals are now coming further in towns everywhere as three is no food left.

thanks Tomestone!:-6 I do have photographs of them but do not know how to load them here.

The Foxes still come every night as usual but there has seemed to be some split In the family that I do not understand yet. They have split Into two units with one lot coming to one end of the garden and the other lot to the other end. None of them will now cross the line over Into the others territory. The most rational explanation Is that one of last years cubs has become a dominant Alpha and formed his own family. The Alpha's oust cubs at around 9 months old and they go on to form new territories or take over old one's. It seems one of mine have just moved a few yards and started his own family.

I still get 18 kilo's of chicken guts and trimmings from the take-away but lately, another local resturant has been bringing me the remains after they have butchered lambs. It all helps.

Sounds like you have a handful, cat wise. Sorry you lost the shy guy.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

ForumGarden ownership

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1363503 wrote: I changed your quote as it had a lot of typing errors.

There have been quite a few times you have posted here complaining, no one wants to hear that, so don't give excuses why you don't post here much.

Every time your here posting, you either bring up past members who have left, but not in a nice way, yes, Gill many have left as I talk to them daily on facebook, and other forums but unlike you, we don't gossip about other members.

You put spot through hell trying to prove to you Jazzy was a liar. That was just a tad over the top:rolleyes:

and what reported post was this that I replied sarcastically?

You have no business to change what I have written and pass it off as a quote by me !

As far as I can see there are no typing errors done by me, so you must be referring to your own bad typing.

The reported post (reported by you) is listed in 'Forums' and you can check up on it yourself.

The other item you mentioned has nothing whatsoever to do with you. That matter is closed, so just mind your own business and leave me alone. That is the second time I have asked you to leave me alone - I won't ask again.
Kathy Ellen

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Waves to Pam...:-6
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

oscar;1363761 wrote: I do have photographs of them but do not know how to load them here.

The Foxes still come every night as usual but there has seemed to be some split In the family that I do not understand yet. They have split Into two units with one lot coming to one end of the garden and the other lot to the other end. None of them will now cross the line over Into the others territory. The most rational explanation Is that one of last years cubs has become a dominant Alpha and formed his own family. The Alpha's oust cubs at around 9 months old and they go on to form new territories or take over old one's. It seems one of mine have just moved a few yards and started his own family.

I still get 18 kilo's of chicken guts and trimmings from the take-away but lately, another local resturant has been bringing me the remains after they have butchered lambs. It all helps.

Sounds like you have a handful, cat wise. Sorry you lost the shy guy.

Thank you, it was last winter, so I assume he was run over as its just been to long now.

I wonder if some fox's are territorially and stay in packs like other animals?

It does sound quite indifferent for them, but as you said the Alpha's do go on to form new families.

That is a lot of meat plus now with various restaurants bringing some to you, that is quite amazing.

Oh I now have 5 cats:yh_rotfl

Her name is Cashew, she's a dark coloured tortoiseshell & she's now a year old and as torty's go, she doesn't take any crap from the other 4 males.:wah:

She was 4 months old in the pic below....click for a better view

I had no idea until my son Sean showed me how to upload pics from my digi until just a few months ago.

The UBC cord that comes with every camera just hooks into back of your computer or unless yours has them at the front.......plug in the other end, turn on your camera and a screen will pop up with a few places to upload, I just click on 'upload and view' my photos.......you title what you want to call your album, then you can click on each one if you want to delete any.

I won't ask you how Peter is as you told me via email, I pray that soon what he needs becomes available:yh_pray

Attached files
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1363765 wrote: You have no business to change what I have written and pass it off as a quote by me !

As far as I can see there are no typing errors done by me, so you must be referring to your own bad typing.

The reported post (reported by you) is listed in 'Forums' and you can check up on it yourself.

The other item you mentioned has nothing whatsoever to do with you. That matter is closed, so just mind your own business and leave me alone. That is the second time I have asked you to leave me alone - I won't ask again.

'The reported post (reported by you) is listed in 'Forums' and you can check up on it yourself.'

you asked me to look and I did.

There are only 2 reported posts I have made and nothing is there.
jones jones

ForumGarden ownership

Post by jones jones »

Ah Bryn! This thread is all to do with you and very little to do with me. However, apart from adding my very sincere congratulations, I would just like to say this:

Since my umpteenth reincarnation and return to Forum Garden a few months ago, I have spent most of my time here lurking and hoping to find that perhaps by some miracle, FG had once again returned to a time when it was "swell," ie during 2008 or thereabouts. I do so dwell in the past ... always have and always will.

So when I logged in just now and read this thread, I felt an odd tug of an emotion somewhat akin to déjà vu, but not quite. It was more like a sense of anticipation that perhaps that miracle I spoke of, might just be around the corner. This feeling was reinforced when I read the exchanges between Odie & Gill on this self same thread. :yh_rotfl Made me feel as if nothing had changed at all! :wah:

So let the good times roll!!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
spot

ForumGarden ownership

Post by spot »

They are, one imagines, much like the steady thump of a distant wind-farm which induces headaches in the sensitive and fades into the background for everyone else. Short of suing the management for loss of amenity I'm not sure what anyone can do about it. By all means make suggestions.
Bez

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Bez »

Betty Boop;1363078 wrote: Wow, seven years hey, I arrived here three months after start up then disappeared for a few months but when I was able to return I found a great supportive community on these boards so thank you to Tombstone for providing a forum where I found support during an incredibly difficult period of my life.

Those early years were the best ever at FG, great members where serious threads took place alongside all sorts of fun and games in Bothwells Pub. What happened to Bothwell anyway...

There were arguments, and very heated debates but they didn't involve gangs of people taking sides, the two main antagonists were left to get on with it :wah:

I know that recently the site became more fraught with people ganging up on one another and poor Tombstone has had to act as some sort of mediator between grown adults who really should know how to behave better.

I never would have met a lovely lady called Theia had it not been for FG, posting alongside each other for months eventually we realised that we lived within 20 mins of each other. We organised a meeting and have been firm friends ever since, I even dragged Theia off with me to the first ever FG meet in London and we giggled like schoolgirls all the way at the insane idea that we were off to meet a bunch of strangers in a strange place to us :-3 We had a back up plan though, if these people did seem odd and weird we'd stick firmly together, leave as soon as we could and find a hotel to escape to :wah: Thankfully we never had to, our hosts who offered to put us up were wonderful as were all the members we met.

For me personally it's a huge THANK YOU to you Tombstone for creating a great place where real and great friendships have been made. I too hope you will continue to post here :-6

I totally agree with eveything that Betty has said.

So glad you didn't find us to be 'odd & weird' at the 1st 'meetup'. I often think about that weekend and what a wonderful time we had with such great people. xx
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

jones jones;1364614 wrote: Ah Bryn! This thread is all to do with you and very little to do with me. However, apart from adding my very sincere congratulations, I would just like to say this:

Since my umpteenth reincarnation and return to Forum Garden a few months ago, I have spent most of my time here lurking and hoping to find that perhaps by some miracle, FG had once again returned to a time when it was "swell," ie during 2008 or thereabouts. I do so dwell in the past ... always have and always will.

So when I logged in just now and read this thread, I felt an odd tug of an emotion somewhat akin to déjà vu, but not quite. It was more like a sense of anticipation that perhaps that miracle I spoke of, might just be around the corner. This feeling was reinforced when I read the exchanges between Odie & Gill on this self same thread. :yh_rotfl Made me feel as if nothing had changed at all! :wah:

So let the good times roll!!

Things have changed with Gill and myself, so the forum is still the same.

welcome back!~
jones jones

ForumGarden ownership

Post by jones jones »

Thanx honey!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

jones jones;1364622 wrote: Thanx honey!

your welcome hunny bunny!:wah:

I know we never knew each other very well, but its good to have you back on board:yh_party
jones jones

ForumGarden ownership

Post by jones jones »

Odie;1364658 wrote: your welcome hunny bunny!:wah:

I know we never knew each other very well, but its good to have you back on board:yh_party

Of course it is sweetie ... Like 'ol Jj said ... the good times are gonna roll! :wah::guitarist
Odie

ForumGarden ownership

Post by Odie »

jones jones;1364693 wrote: Of course it is sweetie ... Like 'ol Jj said ... the good times are gonna roll! :wah::guitarist

:wah:

:yh_rotfl

Attached files

Return to “News and Announcements”