Backyard Nature

A place to discuss all of your outdoor activities. Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and whatever else you do out in the great wilds.
bobmielke

Backyard Nature

Post by bobmielke »

Have you ever gone fishing along a shoreline, cast your bait a hundred feet off shore as you notice more fisherman in a boat casting ten feet from where you're standing? That's my twist on "The grass is always greener..." story. It proves a point however, why drive to Mt Rushmore to get out to nature when there's plenty in your back yard?

I moved into my apartment complex two years ago because it looked like a well cared for city park. There are three ponds, complete with flocks of Mallard ducks and an occasional pair if breeding geese. There are bridges, benches and fountains, all meticulously cared for by the complex staff. Flowers & shrubs abound everywhere. It's a nice place.

Sometimes I need to get out of my tiny studio apartment just for a breath of fresh air. I walk down two flights of stairs, through my back door and I'm in paradise. I bring a bag of old, stale oyster crackers and sit on one of the benches along the walking path. Instantly I hear a loud quack and two dozen ducks start swimming, flying, and waddling toward me at top speed. They are now my best friends. :

chonsigirl

Backyard Nature

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, these are excellent photos!
Odie

Backyard Nature

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362069 wrote: Have you ever gone fishing along a shoreline, cast your bait a hundred feet off shore as you notice more fisherman in a boat casting ten feet from where you're standing? That's my twist on "The grass is always greener..." story. It proves a point however, why drive to Mt Rushmore to get out to nature when there's plenty in your back yard?

I moved into my apartment complex two years ago because it looked like a well cared for city park. There are three ponds, complete with flocks of Mallard ducks and an occasional pair if breeding geese. There are bridges, benches and fountains, all meticulously cared for by the complex staff. Flowers & shrubs abound everywhere. It's a nice place.

Sometimes I need to get out of my tiny studio apartment just for a breath of fresh air. I walk down two flights of stairs, through my back door and I'm in paradise. I bring a bag of old, stale oyster crackers and sit on one of the benches along the walking path. Instantly I hear a loud quack and two dozen ducks start swimming, flying, and waddling toward me at top speed. They are now my best friends. :

You choose a beautiful place to live with a park and wildlife right beside you.

They certainly love the oyster crackers.
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “The Outdoors”