Soap Making all kinds

Cody Wellard

Soap Making all kinds

Post by Cody Wellard »

I love to make home made soap, and there are alot of other soapers out there who do too. I know there are a few different kinds of soap that folks make; cold process, hot process, melt and pour, vegan.... Would love to share ideas (label making), recipes, photos, shampoo bars and alot of discussion.

Cheers!

Cody Wellard
spot

Soap Making all kinds

Post by spot »

There's clean soap-making and there's eww gross soap-making. To try the latter you start with around a half hundredweight of kitchen dripping which nobody else can work out how to dispose of. The other ingredients are 5 pounds granulated caustic soda as marketed for clearing drains (£3.50) and 20 pounds of rock salt for de-icing pathways (£1). A pint of Cologne Toilet Water (£2, Dalston Market), while optional, is a good idea. Improvise moulds out of plant nursery bedding pots, the sort that come in 10x10 grids made of thin plastic. The soap-making takes four hours and you end up with 240 bars, each of which is an ideal (if wrapped nicely) Christmas present.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”