Death Row

Discussion group for bereaved parents.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their children, grandchildren or siblings.
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

My cousin and his wife were brutally murdered in front of thier 22 month old daughter some years ago. Thier killer is waiting on Death Row. I was researching Death Row inmates a few weeks ago and came across the list of Texas Death Row inmates. I began to read some personal pages of the inmates and came across Ron Howard. Been on death row for some 9 years. Date of execution is October 6th. Why do I feel bad for this man? I dont want him to die! How come I am so torn on the Death Row Issue now! Just was wanting to hear others opinions.:(
robinseggs

Death Row

Post by robinseggs »

I am curious. The killer of your cousin and his wife that took an innocent little girl's parents away forever...................is on death row right? Do you want him/her to live and possibly get out? Or be executed?
Nature laughs Last
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

I don't want him to live! This is where i am tore...
Accountable

Death Row

Post by Accountable »

Death is final. It's an understandable conflict you're having. It's not supposed to be easy.
abbey

Death Row

Post by abbey »

awood38 wrote: My cousin and his wife were brutally murdered in front of thier 22 month old daughter some years ago. Thier killer is waiting on Death Row. I was researching Death Row inmates a few weeks ago and came across the list of Texas Death Row inmates. I began to read some personal pages of the inmates and came across Ron Howard. Been on death row for some 9 years. Date of execution is October 6th. Why do I feel bad for this man? I dont want him to die! How come I am so torn on the Death Row Issue now! Just was wanting to hear others opinions.:(Is it just Ron howard that you dont want to die or all the inmates on death row?
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

Just him, I have read his entire page...I know he is guilty! He is no different then my cousin's killer!! This is so damn strange for me.
Accountable

Death Row

Post by Accountable »

ok. I'm confused.
abbey

Death Row

Post by abbey »

Do you write to him?
lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

http://www.prisontalk.com/ads/adview.php?what=zone:81&n=abb548fb Prison Talk Online > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > News from Death Row > Open letter to the hip-hop community from Texas Death Row.

PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to the hip-hop community from Texas Death Row.

softheart

06-19-2005, 12:30 AM

Open letter to the hip-hop community

To those of you now viewing these words, I'd like to bring to your

attention that Ronald Ray Howard has been given an execution date by the

state of Texas for October 6, 2005.

For some of you - especially fans of Tupac - the name may sound vaguely

familiar while others may have no clue as to who Ron. R. Howard is.

Before I tell you who Ron is to many others, and me, I'll tell you what

Texas labels him as - a convicted cop killer. He now sits on Texas death

row for that crime, which happened over a decade ago. This missive isn't

in any way an attempt to glorify nor justify what took place April 11,

1992, but rather it is to make not only the community but the world aware

that Ron is not the same destitute young black male he was so long ago.

Over the many years, he's done a lot of introspection and has dedicated it

all to strive tirelessly to generate awareness to the youth not to make

the mistakes he has. And Ron has used his life as a testimonial to help

steer the young who live and are raised in the same kind of environment he

and many of us come from.

As evidence of this truth, you can visit his website at:

www.ronrhoward.org

It is my hope that the community will unite in an effort to join others

who speak out and oppose the death penalty! Why now? Well, his case is

linked to all who listen to music. How? On today's date April 11th,

thirteen years ago, a Texas state trooper was killed by a young black male

while listening to music, rap music or gangsta-rap music as many label it.

Some utilized this event to criticize the lyrics in some artists' songs

while others have viewed it entirely different. Right now, today, I'm

asking you to take a look at the person Ron has become regardless of how

one may have felt back then. A man who has acknowledged his past and has

since dedicated himself to advising others not to trek down the path he

once did and for the youth on the grasp of the streets there's no better

voice than one who has experienced the ills of what the streets offer and

produce.

Even after enduring 13 years of incarceration on Texas death row, Ron is

still a high-spirited and positive brother, who is always willing to help

someone in any way he possibly can. To me, Ron is more than a comrade. He

is my brother and very close friend. He's an inspiration when I'm felling

down and need a boost or reminder that the sun still shines behind gray

skies! He's a genuine brother who made a wrong decision in life that

eventually sent him to death row while still a teenager.

Many young men will continue to make these same mistakes as long as

they're not truly aware that the life they lead could land them in a place

such as this - death row. That awareness derives from education and

change. Change doesn't come without action! People around the world can

sit and watch as families drift further apart. As poverty increases! As

more and more line up for unemployment and crimes increase as a result.

The world can continue to watch as more men and women are executed by

states and governments. You all can sit back and say: "Oh, what a shame

that this is occurring!" The point is it will "continue" to transpire

until someone takes constructive action to bring about change.

Every constructive action counts but it counts more when it's done as a

collective and organized movement. We could all light candles around the

world but as long as some of you continue to hold the candle "inside" your

house (i.e. mind, body and soul) instead of "outside" where others can

see, then your action is not constructive.

The goal is to provide light (i.e. awareness) to the world, which is

engulfed in darkness about the true nature of the death penalty and its

flaws!

Ron has manifested actions by utilizing his story to make other aware of

his mistakes in hopes that they don't make the same. And it would serve no

other purpose that revenge if this execution is allowed to take place!

Revenge won't change anything at all but allowing Ron's life to be spared

can and will change a lot as he has yet to reach the pinnacle in his

dedication to generate the awareness needed so that all who can possibly

be affected by his story and continued message are given an opportunity to

receive it.

I don't write this to mount a plea for his freedom but I do hope to

motivate others to join in the effort to save Ron's life from the Texas

Death machine. You can help in many ways by voicing opposition to this

execution and the death penalty through organized writing campaigns and

rally to spread the word of Ron's dilemma.

You can write any anti-death penalty group to link up with them to voice

your opposition against the death penalty.

Let your future actions be the beginning of a change in progress.

Thank you for reading this.

Christopher B. Coleman

Polunsky Unit

3872 FM 350 South

Livingston, TX 77351
lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

Ron R. Howard Sr. - Texas Death Row

Texas Death Row. Visit Ron Howard's Official Webpage at: www.ronrhoward.org.

Other Links... ALIVE - Voices From Inside · Most Wanted Outlaws Online ...
lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

cop killer? f**k him.
Kathy

Death Row

Post by Kathy »

It's interesting how these villians find Jesus and become better people once they get onto death row. He still needs to pay. I don't give a flip how good he is or is pretending to be.
lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

Kathy wrote: It's interesting how these villians find Jesus and become better people once they get onto death row. He still needs to pay. I don't give a flip how good he is or is pretending to be.and they all do. wah wah wah bible study....then they walk out and do it again.
robinseggs

Death Row

Post by robinseggs »

awood38 wrote: I don't want him to live! This is where i am tore...

Ok you don't want your cousin's killer to live but you're torn about Ron Howard. How is it ANY different? He is a killer. He killed. He took someone's brother, father, son or whatever away FOREVER. Gone. Now imagine that dead person's family and how they feel. Isn't is possible they don't want Ron to live like you don't want your cousin's killer to live?? Leave it alone. You wouldn't want some do-good stranger coming in and rallying to save your cousin's killers life would you? Look at it that way and maybe you won't feel so bad. It needs to happen.
Nature laughs Last
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

That is what I am talking about! He is a changed man! An inspiration! He has touched the lives of our youth!!
abbey

Death Row

Post by abbey »

Do you write to him?
BabyRider

Death Row

Post by BabyRider »

Over the many years, he's done a lot of introspection and has dedicated it

all to strive tirelessly to generate awareness to the youth not to make

the mistakes he has. And Ron has used his life as a testimonial to help

steer the young who live and are raised in the same kind of environment he

and many of us come from.

Super. Now those same kids can see him fry and realize there are consequences for their actions.

I wouldn't waste 5 seconds of my life looking at his website, thanks anyhoo...
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

abbey wrote: Do you write to him?
I have wrote him.
pina

Death Row

Post by pina »

I've just read this mans website. and I must admit my heart went out but not for him but his family and what they have gone through these past years. Then I looked at his picture and thought whatever good he is trying to do it will never take away the fact he is a murderer. How can anyone feel sorry for a killer, he had a choice not to kill but he did and should be punished. He didn't give his family any choice in the heartache they were going to be put through. It would better to remember him dead than go through years of hell hoping he will live whether in prison or not. I say go ahead with the execution.

lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

awood38 wrote: I have wrote him.do you realize that cons USE people like you?? they are master manipulators. that's what they do. has he asked you for money in his canteen yet? he will. it will start small.
abbey

Death Row

Post by abbey »

I note looking through the site that i dont see anywhere that he feels any sorrow or sadness

for the life he took away, in fact i dont think he mentions him!
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

lady cop wrote: do you realize that cons USE people like you?? they are master manipulators. that's what they do. has he asked you for money in his canteen yet? he will. it will start small.

He has never asked me for anything..It has never been more then just talking.
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

awood38 wrote: He has never asked me for anything..It has never been more then just talking.

I have never done anything like this before. I just came across his site one day. It took me forever to get up to writing him.
BabyRider

Death Row

Post by BabyRider »

awood38 wrote: I have never done anything like this before. I just came across his site one day. It took me forever to get up to writing him.
I sincerely hopes it takes you significantly less time to realize how dangerous this is.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

robinseggs

Death Row

Post by robinseggs »

awood38 wrote: That is what I am talking about! He is a changed man! An inspiration! He has touched the lives of our youth!!

Are you really that gullable? People that are locked up (and not to mention on death row) are there for a reason. To protect society. Most of these people are master con artists. You've been sucked in. You are either very very young and don't know any better or you are very very old and are losing your senses! Please leave this man where he needs to be. Pray to God about it....you will find some peace with Him.
Nature laughs Last
Kathy

Death Row

Post by Kathy »

awood38 wrote: That is what I am talking about! He is a changed man! An inspiration! He has touched the lives of our youth!!

He MURDERED a Texas State Trooper!!! Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND???? This Trooper's job was to serve and protect everyday citizens from dangerous people. What about HIS family? Don't you think HIS family's lives have been "touched" by what this CRIMINAL did? If you continue to write him letters, you are nuts. Don't get sucked into this mess. I honestly cannot for the life of me, grasp what you must be thinking by having any pity or any other emotions for him.

The website you read about him is for the sole purpose of playing with people's emotions. For someone who has experienced violent crime, you need to be more careful. Becoming involved with him is not going to "save" him or bring back your loved ones...It will only bring you more heartache. Seriously, think about what you are doing and don't be stupid.
lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

awood38 wrote: He has never asked me for anything..It has never been more then just talking.he will....don't be a fool. he is playing you. that's why these guys have these websites. to snare the gullible. they know all the right words to say. trust me. walk away! no...RUN away!!!
BabyRider

Death Row

Post by BabyRider »

Far Rider wrote: I'll sign a petition to kill him sooner!
Far, it would really help if you could be less vague about how you feel...don't keep it bottled up, man, it's not healthy. And quit being so wishy-washy. :yh_eyebro :yh_rotfl
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BTS

Death Row

Post by BTS »

lady cop wrote: cop killer? fork him.
Here is a little on him and the officer he KILLED:

Ronald Ray Howard, Sr.

Texas Death Row

Tried and convicted in Travis County on a change of venue from Jackson County, Ronald Ray Howard is on death row for the 1992 shooting death of a Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper. At his trial Howard blamed rap, and specifically music by Tupac Shakur, for goading him into violence.On Texas Death Row: Ronald Ray Howard, Sr., Texas Department of Criminal Justice Number 999069, was received at TDCJ on August 25, 1993. His sentence was reversed in 1996 but he was re-sentenced to death in 1999. He is scheduled for execution on October 6, 2005."As I've made plenty of changes over the years with my life and way of thinking, the only purpose to be served by my execution now would be that of revenge." ~ Ronald Ray Howard, Sr.About Ronald Ray Howard, Sr.: Ron Howard is from Houston, Texas. Born July 22, 1973, by the time he was 17 he had already had run-ins with the law including "Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle." He was 18 when he was arrested for the shooting of DPS Trooper Bill Davidson in Jackson County, Texas after a high speed chase. Howard was driving a stolen vehicle. Howard has three daughters and one son.

About Bill Davidson: Trooper Bill Davidson began his career with the Texas Department of Public Safety on June 26, 1973. He was stationed at Edna, Texas. Davidson died on April 14, 1992, from injuries suffered when he was shot on April 11 after stopping a stolen vehicle driven by Ronald Ray Howard. He was 43 at the time of his death and is survived by his wife, Linda.

"On April 11, 1992, Trooper Bill Davidson, formerly with the Texas Department of Public Safety, was killed in cold blood as he approached the driver of a vehicle he had stopped for a defective headlight. The trooper's widow, Linda Davidson, described to me an account of the events surrounding the killing and the impact of this tragedy on the Davidson Family. The teen-age killer, Ronald Howard, explained to law enforcement authorities that he felt hypnotized by the lyrics of six songs by the rap group 2 Pac, from their album 2 Pacalypse Now which urge the killing of police officers. Howard claims that the lyrical instructions devoured him like an animal, taking control over his subconscious mind and compelling him to kill Trooper Davidson as he approached Howard's vehicle. The rap's influence, however, apparently continues to affect Howard's judgment. Two psychiatrists found that the music still affects his psychosocial behavior. In a meeting with Linda Davidson, Howard expressed his desire to completely carry out the rap's instruction by putting away a pig's wife and dusting his family. Howard's reaction has left Linda dumfounded, confused, bewildered, and most of all, angry."

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BabyRider

Death Row

Post by BabyRider »

Howard claims that the lyrical instructions devoured him like an animal, taking control over his subconscious mind and compelling him to kill Trooper Davidson as he approached Howard's vehicle. The rap's influence, however, apparently continues to affect Howard's judgment. Two psychiatrists found that the music still affects his psychosocial behavior. In a meeting with Linda Davidson, Howard expressed his desire to completely carry out the rap's instruction by putting away a pig's wife and dusting his family.
...but he's aaaaaaaall better now....pffft. :yh_eyebro :-5
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

i would pull the switch myself. :yh_pig
BabyRider

Death Row

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: i would pull the switch myself.
Twice.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BTS

Death Row

Post by BTS »

BabyRider wrote: ...but he's aaaaaaaall better now....pffft. :yh_eyebro :-5

You got it girl.................. The cruxx of his affliction.........

"As I've made plenty of changes over the years with my life and way of thinking, the only purpose to be served by my execution now would be that of revenge." ~ Ronald Ray Howard, Sr.
lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

revenge is ok.
lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

the person who posted this in sympathy needs to get a brain transplant. every bastard on death row has a website. i know these people. they are USERS!!! GET IT?? USERS! USING YOU!! PLAYING YOU!! I HAVE SEEN THIS FOR YEARS! please listen. they all have the same playbook. i can recite the drill word for word, how they found god blah blah blah.
BabyRider

Death Row

Post by BabyRider »

A scum-sucking, murdering maggot wrote: "As I've made plenty of changes over the years with my life and way of thinking, the only purpose to be served by my execution now would be that of revenge." ~ Ronald Ray Howard, Sr.

Gee, Ronnie, you say that like it'd be a bad thing... :confused:

Oh, by the way...we believe you...really we do...uh-huh...seriously...
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

lady cop wrote: the person who posted this in sympathy needs to get a brain transplant. every bastard on death row has a website. i know these people. they are USERS!!! GET IT?? USERS! USING YOU!! PLAYING YOU!! I HAVE SEEN THIS FOR YEARS! please listen. they all have the same playbook. i can recite the drill word for word, how they found god blah blah blah.and write again when he asks for stamp money. he will.that is the beginning. christ i feel so sorry for these females who get sucked in. there's a lot of them.
BTS

Death Row

Post by BTS »

I would be REALLY interested in seeing the case you refer to about your cousin and why they should have their killer exucuted and this SOB should be spared.........

Is there a difference? How about his wife that has lost her husband (the police officer)? Is she just chopped liver and should feel as you do, Let him live?
lady cop

Death Row

Post by lady cop »

...what is wrong with these females??~or~murderers need love too
BTS

Death Row

Post by BTS »

Originally Posted by A scum-sucking, murdering maggot

Awwwwwww Cum on BR.......... I was just lisnen to the bro on de cd and it was al hism fault,,,,,,,,, not mine.......... got it?

A scum-sucking, murdering maggot....... and PROUD o it
BabyRider

Death Row

Post by BabyRider »

BTS wrote: Originally Posted by A scum-sucking, murdering maggot

Awwwwwww Cum on BR.......... I was just lisnen to the bro on de cd and it was al hism fault,,,,,,,,, not mine.......... got it?

A scum-sucking, murdering maggot....... and PROUD o it
You ain't right at all!! I was actually concerned you'd think I was referring to you. Obviously, I wasn't!!! :yh_bigsmi
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Death Row

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: this one won't be back either.
Yeah, it reeks of intelligence and common sense in here. WHO THE HELL LEFT THE DOOR OPEN??!?!?!!?! :-5
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

BTS wrote: I would be REALLY interested in seeing the case you refer to about your cousin and why they should have their killer exucuted and this SOB should be spared.........

Is there a difference? How about his wife that has lost her husband (the police officer)? Is she just chopped liver and should feel as you do, Let him live?

Baby found alive in truck in wilds of Charlotte County

Couple, believed to be child's parents, found dead on ground outside pickup

Some might say it was a bit of a miracle.

A baby, hardly more than a year old, was found Monday afternoon strapped in a car seat in a light blue pickup truck 10 miles off State Road 31 in a wooded area, near the Charlotte-Lee County line.

Although dehydrated, badly mosquito-bitten and crying, the little girl was in "stable condition," according to a spokesman from Bon Secours-St. Joseph Hospital in Port Charlotte. The child is from Charlotte County, according to a hospital official.

A young man and woman, believed to be the child's parents, were found dead outside the truck, according to Chuck Ellis, public information officer for the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office

"We're definitely investigating this as a homicide," Ellis said from his car at the scene late Monday afternoon.

At 6 p.m. yesterday, deputies would not release the names of the dead couple until the next of kin were notified. Authorities would not make public the cause of death.

The crime scene was discovered by a worker at South Florida Sod Inc., owner of the property where the incident took place, at approximately 1:30 p.m., Ellis said. He also noted the dead man and woman may have worked for the sod company.

Sheriff's dispatchers got a call at 1:43 p.m. from the sod farm worker about the dead people and the baby.

"Detectives believe they know how the man and women were killed, but they don't want to say until they've completed their preliminary investigation," Ellis said.

When deputies arrived, they found both bodies together near the pickup. The truck was parked near a lake. Fifteen feet away, the little girl was strapped in her car seat, wailing.

Initially, Ellis said the couple might have been fishing at the time they died. Later, however, he discounted that possibility by saying he wasn't sure what the three of them had been doing in the area.

By 3 p.m. a fleet of sheriff's cruisers, unmarked detective cars and a crime scene van, accompanied by ambulances and a fire truck, snaked their way five miles down a long, dusty road off S.R. 31 to the sod company's entrance gate on Farabee Road. The child and bodies were another three miles back in the brush.

Deputies had the road blocked off more than a mile away from the crime scene. Reporters waited and watched for hours as Florida Highway Patrol troopers, deputies and people in unidentified cars went in and out down a sandy trail leading to the bodies further into the outback.

A Charlotte County Sheriff's Office helicopter, with Capt. Bob Carr at the controls, hovered over the crime scene for a while and then landed near where members of the media were congregated. He said investigators even chased him away from the area because the prop wash from his rotor blades was disturbing the scene.

A few miles away, south on S.R. 31, two migrant farm workers were murdered at the JDI Farms on Feb. 1, 1995. Four men forced their way at gunpoint into a mobile home on the farm where Armando Cervantes, 51, and Carlos Aguirre, 52, lived. They robbed the two Mexicans, then killed them.
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

lady cop wrote: the person who posted this in sympathy needs to get a brain transplant. every bastard on death row has a website. i know these people. they are USERS!!! GET IT?? USERS! USING YOU!! PLAYING YOU!! I HAVE SEEN THIS FOR YEARS! please listen. they all have the same playbook. i can recite the drill word for word, how they found god blah blah blah.

I was not looking for sympathy...you are very judgemental for a police officer.
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

lady cop wrote: this one won't be back either. but i could be wrong. :) ..when i get real they disappear. weird.

I didn't go anywhere, I am just reading the replies...just what I asked for was others thoughts.
chrisb84uk

Death Row

Post by chrisb84uk »

You have to understand awood that we get so many people who ask questions on certain issues, as u did, and then they are never heard from again. That's why LC made that comment I'm sure, so don't take it personally!!
robinseggs

Death Row

Post by robinseggs »

I thought you said the baby was 22 months old? Article says not a yr old....is it a typo? Anyhow that is very very sad...and I am sorry this happened to your cousin/wife and little baby girl. I hope the little girl is doing ok now--hope she doesn't remember.....I am glad they caught who did it and they are on death row where they need to be. How long did that little baby have to wait until found? How long out there by herself?
Nature laughs Last
awood38

Death Row

Post by awood38 »

robinseggs wrote: I thought you said the baby was 22 months old? Article says not a yr old....is it a typo? Anyhow that is very very sad...and I am sorry this happened to your cousin/wife and little baby girl. I hope the little girl is doing ok now--hope she doesn't remember.....I am glad they caught who did it and they are on death row where they need to be. How long did that little baby have to wait until found? How long out there by herself?

She was 22 months old..some stories say she was 24 months old..Must be a typo. She was out there for over 18 hours before a sod farm worker found her.

Return to “Bereaved Parents”