At a crossroads...

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Scott Hetkowski

At a crossroads...

Post by Scott Hetkowski »

I'm not sure what to do and I could use some advice. I have a lot of medical problems which prohibit me from working anywhere "regular". I am not eligible for social security, disability, or any government programs--I've tried. I've seen some work from home programs, but they all seem to be a sham. I've tried making money online, but I couldn't make much. I just don't know what to do anymore... :(
[signature removed by moderator]
Odie

At a crossroads...

Post by Odie »

Scott Hetkowski;1360891 wrote: I'm not sure what to do and I could use some advice. I have a lot of medical problems which prohibit me from working anywhere "regular". I am not eligible for social security, disability, or any government programs--I've tried. I've seen some work from home programs, but they all seem to be a sham. I've tried making money online, but I couldn't make much. I just don't know what to do anymore... :(

getting accepted these days for disability is extremely difficult.

perhaps try anther doctor.
Life is just to short for drama.
LarsMac

At a crossroads...

Post by LarsMac »

Nobody seems to qualify for SS the first time. Keep trying. If your medical condition is genuinely prohibiting you from working, you will get there.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Scott Hetkowski

At a crossroads...

Ok, thank you for the advice. I'm glad to finally hear some reasonable ideas. But in the mean time I do need to survive... and being unemployed is a problem.
Patsy Warnick

At a crossroads...

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Scott

Not sure where you live - There's a agency "Advocate for Disability" - it's a free service to assist you in getting your disabilty.

Within you disability - you MUST state your pain as constant.

There is also a supplemental Social Security - it's not much but you probably qualify. Agency's won't tell you all that's available & you have to inquire. Advocate for disability will help you with all that's available & will fight for S.S. Disability.

Good Luck

Patsy
Lon

At a crossroads...

Post by Lon »

Scott Hetkowski;1360891 wrote: I'm not sure what to do and I could use some advice. I have a lot of medical problems which prohibit me from working anywhere "regular". I am not eligible for social security, disability, or any government programs--I've tried. I've seen some work from home programs, but they all seem to be a sham. I've tried making money online, but I couldn't make much. I just don't know what to do anymore... :(

There are lawyers that specialize in Social Security Disability cases and are quite successful in obtaining retroactive payments for successful litigants. My golfing buddy is a retired Hearing Judge for such cases and tells me that obtaining a lawyer is the only way to go. The lawyer is paid from the first payment that you receive.
Scott Hetkowski

At a crossroads...

All good advice, but what do I do for food money in the mean time?
flopstock

At a crossroads...

Post by flopstock »

collect scrap metal. It's what my brother does .
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

At a crossroads...

Post by Odie »

Scott Hetkowski;1360996 wrote: All good advice, but what do I do for food money in the mean time?

we have food banks here where you can pick up whatever you need anytime when

one has no money.

You must have something there like that, perhaps phone your local government.
Patsy Warnick

At a crossroads...

Post by Patsy Warnick »

You should be able to qualify for Access through the Welfare Dept. - which is food stamps.

Also there are plenty of Food Banks available, which Access will direct you to.

Check with local Churchs - they also could provide food banks and assist in applying for access & other agencys.

Collect scrap metal is a great idea - collect cans etc. - alot of people do this

Have a garage sale - get rid of stuff that you no longer use.

Look for Advocates for Disability - they are a FREE Legal Dept. that will fight for your disability.

Patsy
Mustang

At a crossroads...

Post by Mustang »

Did these medical issues just appear over the last 4 years after you were discharged from your job for stealing? In case you forgot what you posted in 2007 on these boards, here's the link to your thread where you stated you couldn't find employment because of that issue.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... cared.html

Need extra cash to live on? Several options avialable to you-if you have cable TV, cancel it. That's extra money in your pocket. You have internet service and paying a provider. Cancel that and there is extra cash there too. You can also do away without telephone and there would be more money in your pocket from that also.

All of the above are luxuries, not necessities especially when you're supposedly struggling to stay above water financially. You need to get your priorities in order to learn how to survive your financial crunch at the moment.
Scott Hetkowski

At a crossroads...

Mustang;1361087 wrote: Did these medical issues just appear over the last 4 years after you were discharged from your job for stealing? In case you forgot what you posted in 2007 on these boards, here's the link to your thread where you stated you couldn't find employment because of that issue.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... cared.html

Need extra cash to live on? Several options avialable to you-if you have cable TV, cancel it. That's extra money in your pocket. You have internet service and paying a provider. Cancel that and there is extra cash there too. You can also do away without telephone and there would be more money in your pocket from that also.

All of the above are luxuries, not necessities especially when you're supposedly struggling to stay above water financially. You need to get your priorities in order to learn how to survive your financial crunch at the moment.

I will try to reply respectfully even if you will not offer the same courtesy to me. I was fired in 2006 for allegedly stealing. In 2007 I posted here seeking advice. In 2008 I acquired IBS-D. I do not pay for cable, internet, or phone, so there is no extra money there. I don't think you know what order my priorities are in but I would appreciate it if you would not make rude assumptions when you don't have all the facts.
Patsy Warnick

At a crossroads...

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Scott

The last thing you want to do is argue or have to defend yourself.. We don't know the all the circumstances/details on your disabilty how what etc.... sorry you feel you have to defend yourself - misunderstanding in conversation here OK...

We're just trying to offer advise as you've tried to seek it..

I hope some has been helpful.

Patsy
Odie

At a crossroads...

Post by Odie »

Patsy Warnick;1361251 wrote: Scott

The last thing you want to do is argue or have to defend yourself.. We don't know the all the circumstances/details on your disabilty how what etc.... sorry you feel you have to defend yourself - misunderstanding in conversation here OK...

We're just trying to offer advise as you've tried to seek it..

I hope some has been helpful.

Patsy

well said Patsy.

were all here to help you Scott.
Scott Hetkowski

At a crossroads...

I appreciate the advice. I just felt that Mustang was being a bit rude.
LarsMac

At a crossroads...

Post by LarsMac »

So what's IBS-D got to do with finding work.
- DH Lawrence
YZGI

At a crossroads...

Post by YZGI »

LarsMac;1361301 wrote: So what's IBS-D got to do with finding work.

From what I hear its the sh!ts.
Mustang

At a crossroads...

Post by Mustang »

Scott Hetkowski;1361262 wrote: I appreciate the advice. I just felt that Mustang was being a bit rude.

Not being rude Scott, just offering up some common sense alternatives on how anyone could cut costs and save money.

I can assume someone is paying for your interenet connection, since you're posting here. I can also assume that you must live with your parents, since you use the word "we" on several occasions while posting, after speaking of your mother & father.

I can also assume from your other thread "Pretty Scared", it is fact, by your admission that you were fired, it's now on your record which you believe stops you from getting hired anywhere, you stated.

There is no need to defend yourself for my sake either. I'm just not buying into the excuses you give as to why you cannot work. Irritable Bowl Syndrome is managable and people that do have it, work.

He's a link to IBS:

Irritable bowel syndrome - MayoClinic.com
LarsMac

At a crossroads...

Post by LarsMac »

I've had IBS for years. I hasn't stopped me from working.

Well,... it has, actually, a couple of times, but then I get back to work.
- DH Lawrence
Odie

At a crossroads...

Post by Odie »

LarsMac;1361304 wrote: I've had IBS for years. I hasn't stopped me from working.

Well,... it has, actually, a couple of times, but then I get back to work.

My sister in law has it, to many days to count she could not work as she was in

diar pain.
LarsMac

At a crossroads...

Post by LarsMac »

Odie;1361311 wrote: My sister in law has it, to many days to count she could not work as she was in

diar pain.

It's about diet and medication, for me. When I eat the wrong stuff, I pay dearly.
- DH Lawrence
Odie

At a crossroads...

Post by Odie »

LarsMac;1361312 wrote: It's about diet and medication, for me. When I eat the wrong stuff, I pay dearly.

I know how much you pay dearly as Polly does the same thing, as she just cannot go without all her favorite foods forever. Even 2 beer will put her on the toilet for days.

She refused to on Predisone as it causes depression and weight gain, her doctor had said she'd be depressed the rest of her life on this so she found an amazing holistic doctor and has been seeing her now for 15 years and its done wonders, needless to say her doctor is in quite amazement at what she has proven that Predisone could never have lived up to the standards of the holistic natural medications.
Scott Hetkowski

At a crossroads...

Mustang;1361303 wrote: Not being rude Scott, just offering up some common sense alternatives on how anyone could cut costs and save money.

I can assume someone is paying for your interenet connection, since you're posting here. I can also assume that you must live with your parents, since you use the word "we" on several occasions while posting, after speaking of your mother & father.

I can also assume from your other thread "Pretty Scared", it is fact, by your admission that you were fired, it's now on your record which you believe stops you from getting hired anywhere, you stated.

There is no need to defend yourself for my sake either. I'm just not buying into the excuses you give as to why you cannot work. Irritable Bowl Syndrome is managable and people that do have it, work.

He's a link to IBS:

Irritable bowel syndrome - MayoClinic.com

Unless you have IBS, then you have no idea if it is manageable. Each case is individualized and no two cases are similar. I don't need a link to a website when I've been through loads of doctors and procedures. Try sitting on the toilet all day with excruciating abdominal pain and horrible diarrhea, then come back and tell me it is "manageable". Unless you have it, then you have absolutely no idea what I'm going through, so don't act like you do. If you don't want to buy my "excuses", then don't. Don't bother posting in this thread. I'm looking for real advice, not some cockamamie BS from someone who is a big bully and parades around the forum picking on people for their medical problems. You think it's not bad enough that I need you coming on here and telling me that I'm making it up? I don't need that. You need to realize that not everyone is looking for a hand out, some people are actually ill. And again, you CANNOT assume that I pay for internet connection, since my local library offers it for FREE. And "WE" could mean room mates or parents. I don't know what's bothering you and causing you to pick on me, but I think you should go deal with it instead of picking on people that are helpless to defend themselves.

And for the record, my post "Pretty Scared" is from FOUR years ago. I have found several jobs since then, but have been unable to keep any of them due to IBS. Crapping your pants at work and going home to change isn't fun, and employers don't like it. They ask you to resign after you have to miss several important work shifts. Not every single employer understands or appreciates my situation... kind of like you.
Scott Hetkowski

At a crossroads...

Mustang;1361303 wrote: Irritable Bowl Syndrome is managable and people that do have it, work.

From Pub Med - IBS

"However, no specific diet can be recommended for IBS in general, because the condition differs from one person to another.

Irritable bowel syndrome may be a lifelong condition. For some people, symptoms are disabling and reduce the ability to work, travel, and attend social events."

It is not manageable for everyone.
hotdeeanabrown17

At a crossroads...

Post by hotdeeanabrown17 »

Hi Everyone

I'm new to This forum

it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in ;)

Return to “Work Employment”