Anti candida diet food list...

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Hoony Ready

Post by Hoony Ready »

Hi there,

There are quite a few people here trying to stick to an anti candida diet, which is quite difficult.

There also seems to be some confusion as to what foods are allowed, as some sources say you can have apples and tomatoes amongst other foods while and some say you can't.

I thought we could compile a list of foods that you can eat.

If anyone is currently on an anti candida diet or has been, could you please post the foods you eat.

All I know for sure that is ok to eat are:

Meat

Eggs

Non starchy vegetables
spot

Post by spot »

Would you like to comment on the QuackWatch summary of what you're peddling?

The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology has strongly criticized the concept of "candidiasis hypersensitivity syndrome" and the diagnostic and treatment approaches its proponents use. AAAAI's position statement concludes: (1) the concept of candidiasis hypersensitivity is speculative and unproven; (2) its basic elements would apply to almost all sick patients at some time because its supposed symptoms are essentially universal; (3) overuse of oral antifungal agents could lead to the development of resistant germs that could menace others; (4) adverse effects of oral antifungal agents are rare, but some inevitably will occur; and (5) neither patients nor doctors can determine effectiveness (as opposed to coincidence) without controlled trials. Because allergic symptoms can be influenced by many factors, including emotions, experiments must be designed to separate the effects of the procedure being tested from the effects of other factors. Several years ago, Crook told me that he had no intention of conducting a controlled test because he was "a clinician, not a researcher."

Dubious "Yeast Allergies"

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

I recovered from my illness believing it to be, and treating it as, Candida imbalance. I don't care what quackwatchers say. If you've had it you know what it is.

The number one problem I've seen with those trying to recover is lack of commitment. I went extreme and followed every rule for three months at which point I could carefully reintroduce some foods I enjoyed.

ALL refined sugar must be eliminated. Read ingredients on everything you buy and don't eat out at restaurants as they likely use ingredients you shouldn't be eating.

Meat is not okay unless you buy organic free range that hasn't been given antibiotics.

Fruit is okay but has a lot of natural sugars so limit your intake and don't eat dried fruits.

Watch out for peanuts and peanut butter as they apparently harbour more mold. I'm not sure about that one but cashew butter is much better anyway.

Vegetables are good but avoid corn as it's a common allergen.

Take vitamins.

Look into Taheebo tea.

Drink lots of water.

Try taking aloe internally. You need to heal your digestive tract.

Take a really good probiotic (multi strain is best) and take it with yogurt if you can tolerate natural flavour (no sweeteners)

If you're struggling to find enough nutrition with safe foods supplement with Vega powder... but eat real food too as you need to clean out your digestive tract.
spot

Post by spot »

I've no problem with all you describe there, I merely wonder why on earth the issue is ascribed to Candida. As a label it applies to two things, it applies to the condition you've described in your post and it also applies to a curious fungal infection. What reason have you for associating those two uses?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

Candida imbalance occurs when one type of bacteria overgrows the other at which point the "bad" bacteria completely kill off the "good" ones resulting in yeast type growth throughout the digestive tract. The yeast pretty much eats holes in the intestinal lining so that every time food is consumed toxins that are meant to exit are released into the bloodstream... resulting in a huge variety of symptoms. Usually the symptoms are physical but it can also lead to schizophrenic behaviour if left in a bad enough state for enough time.

It's treated as a fungal problem as it's an internal fungus problem and produces some external fungus results like thrush, vaginal yeast and fungal toenail infections. Not always present but they can be connected.

Glad you asked?
spot

Post by spot »

It sounds far more like a statement of faith than a medical opinion.
koan

Post by koan »

There is a Candida Foundation devoted to increasing awareness and research on the illness. There's lots of information available that "officially" acknowledges Candida Albicans, Candidiasis, and a bit of stuff on Intestinal Flora that is related. Asia is the leader in current research. I suffered from and recovered from it about 18 years ago. I still have to be very conscious of my health and as soon as I feel odd I get strict with my diet again.

I'll tell you what doctors told me 18 years ago (and the situation is only slightly better now): "There's nothing wrong with you."

Me: "What about Candida..." Doctor: "There's no such thing."

There actually is such a thing. Candida is scientifically acknowledged as found in everyone's body. The illness of an imbalance is what is struggling for recognition. For a doctor to say there is no such thing is quite astounding. As far as proving it goes... I don't give a rat's ass if anyone believes in it. I did and because of that I healed myself when doctors would have watched me suffer and probably become mentally ill and insisted there was nothing wrong with me. Why? Because they haven't figured out how to make money on the cure.

Let me assure you there was a hell of a lot wrong with me. I don't go to doctors unless there's something drastically wrong.

As a result of my not listening to doctors I am now well.
spot

Post by spot »

koan;1360242 wrote: Let me assure you there was a hell of a lot wrong with me. I don't go to doctors unless there's something drastically wrong.

As a result of my not listening to doctors I am now well.I don't doubt either aspect of that at all. The fact that a treatment works is no indication, to my mind, that a given explanation for it working is accurate. Not unless it makes reasonable sense. This particular explanation screams at me that, if it were true, the underlying science would be very visible to medical researchers in the Western setting, and that it's not visible to them even slightly.
koan

Post by koan »

oh, it is visible. The chances of a doctor confirming the situation is much higher now. Why would some doctors acknowledge it and others not? There is research. That you're not satisfied by it doesn't help the huge population who need to be healed from it.

Even if they didn't have all the science worked out, it's a hell of a lot better than "there's nothing wrong with you" which is blatantly false and is a common "scientific" diagnosis.
spot

Post by spot »

"There's nothing wrong with you" is a euphemism for "we've no budget allocated for in-depth analysis, you're on your own".

Return to “Women's Health”