family of eight swans SHOT DEAD at a wildlife sanctuary the grumps

the grumps

Post by the grumps »

hello its grumpy time

look at the photo before you read this horrific story

what kind of mindless yobbery encourages people to commit such an horrific act as this?

i only hope he boasts about this to his freinds and is shopped for this unprecedented yobbery the icon says it all grrr :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

THESE photos of a cute family of eight swans were taken 24 hours before they were SHOT DEAD at a wildlife sanctuary.

The bodies of two adults along with their six cygnets were discovered floating in the water by horrified locals following the massacre.

The elegant birds - protected by law - were shot dead with an air rifle at point-blank range last Friday.

Just weeks earlier the six cygnets hatched - the first baby swans seen on the Whitfield Valley Reserve in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs, for two years.

Outraged local Clive Wymer, 62, took the pictures of the birds the day before the mindless killing.

He said: "Everyone is disgusted by this sick, cruel and callous killing of these beautiful creatures.

"I took the photographs of the family with their young on the Thursday and the next day they were gunned down.

"When the cygnets hatched everyone living near here were so thrilled because they hadn't had any young for two years.

"Two years ago the nest was attacked and the eggs smashed with a car registration plate.

"This attack is so awful. Everyone who enjoys the nature reserve is in shock. I saw several people in tears when I went there."

The bodies of the swans were retrieved from a pool by Staffordshire Fire Service.

RSPCA inspector John Groarke said the bodies were X-rayed and were found to have pellet wounds.

He said: "Multiple pellets were recovered from the adult pair while the cygnets, which were about four weeks old, had entry and exit wounds.

"The pellets are now being examined by police in order to trace the culprits."

Joan Walley, MP for Stoke-on-Trent North, also expressed outrage at the slaughter.

She said: "Local people are outraged at the killing of swans and cygnets. Much work has been done to enhance the site and encourage its use.

"Now there is widespread shock, anger and shame."

Read more: Eight swans shot by sick yobs | The Sun |News
gmc

Post by gmc »

What do you expect when we have a culture where the slaughter of aniamals and birds for fun is encouraged and perceieved as a natural right? They perpetrators are only doing what their "betters" do all year round.
the grumps

Post by the grumps »

in what way do you mean
gmc

Post by gmc »

the grumps;1359772 wrote: in what way do you mean

The eating of swans is a royal perogative and up until relatively recently killing one of them was a treasonable offence. At one point swans almost became extinct.

Meanwhile people slaughter wildlife in the name of sport.

Print Page - Wildlife Carnage In The Name Of Field Sports

BBC News - Scots landowners call for licence to kill birds of prey

Animal Aid: A law unto themselves - the game shooting industry under the spotlight (part 2)

In mentality these yobs are no different from someone shooting game for fun. I have a gun let's kill something.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

that is just sick... what kind of twisted minds could do that kind of thing... feckers
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1359819 wrote: that is just sick... what kind of twisted minds could do that kind of thing... feckers

it is sick, I hope they find these feckers!
Life is just to short for drama.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Odie;1359823 wrote: it is sick, I hope they find these feckers!

good on ya.. you are learning the Irish..
Helen

Post by Helen »

we had the same thing happen in somerset a few months ago, about 36 were killed then............. thank god, those responsable for ir were caught !!!!
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Helen;1359830 wrote: we had the same thing happen in somerset a few months ago, about 36 were killed then............. thank god, those responsable for ir were caught !!!!

Thank God they were killed or thank God they were caught????...
Odie

Post by Odie »

Helen;1359830 wrote: we had the same thing happen in somerset a few months ago, about 36 were killed then............. thank god, those responsable for ir were caught !!!!

thank god Helen.

what's up with people over there and these massive killings?:-5
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1359865 wrote: thank god Helen.

what's up with people over there and these massive killings?:-5

It's a swan, Odie. It's not a massacre on a campus. We have factories that slaughter geese and turkeys by the tens of thousand in the next village from the swan-shootings, what possible difference is there?

There's two bunches out there shooting swans. One's the teenager with an air rifle who's too incompetent to hit a rat or water vole or even find one to aim at in the first place - swans are easy to hit, they're big and they don't move fast. The other's the shotgun blow-gamebirds-out-of-the-sky brigade who can't tell an illegal swan from a legal goose. They're even more prat-like, they've got a license.

The airgun crew are a minimal threat compared to the blast-em-up wish-they-were-wogs fantasists - around one in four swans in the UK have shotgun pellets in their bodies (as opposed to their digestive systems) indicating they've been hit from a shotgun but survived.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1359875 wrote: It's a swan, Odie. It's not a massacre on a campus. We have factories that slaughter geese and turkeys by the tens of thousand in the next village from the swan-shootings, what possible difference is there?

There's two bunches out there shooting swans. One's the teenager with an air rifle who's too incompetent to hit a rat or water vole or even find one to aim at in the first place - swans are easy to hit, they're big and they don't move fast. The other's the shotgun blow-gamebirds-out-of-the-sky brigade who can't tell an illegal swan from a legal goose. They're even more prat-like, they've got a license.

The airgun crew are a minimal threat compared to the blast-em-up wish-they-were-wogs fantasists - around one in four swans in the UK have shotgun pellets in their bodies (as opposed to their digestive systems) indicating they've been hit from a shotgun but survived.

just a swan spot? .....did you not read the first post link?

there is a huge difference from purposely mangling families of geese and swans.

you have way to many yobs over there that need some pellets themselves.
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1359881 wrote: just a swan spot? .....did you not read the first post link?

If you can't manage to be equally annoyed about slaughtering geese for food, Odie, then you've something missing.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1359893 wrote: If you can't manage to be equally annoyed about slaughtering geese for food, Odie, then you've something missing.

you just don't get it spot....
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1359899 wrote: you just don't get it spot....Perhaps you've not tried to explain it? Perhaps if you did try to explain it you'd realize the issues involved instead of going all mushy-minded?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Odie;1359881 wrote: just a swan spot? .....did you not read the first post link?

That's why we don't want the little swines getting their hands on real guns and the gun rights lobby in the UK are viewed as right wing lunatics that should be locked up for their own good. In the states they would probably machine gun them for entertainmant - especially if they had canals with swans in them going through the middle of their cities like we do.

The point spot (I think) is trying to make is we have a game shooting lobby in the UK whose idea of entertainment is blasting away at flocks of geese and ducks and grouse. The mentality is exactly the same as that of the yob firing airguns at swans. They're killing for the fun of it and pretend it's sport.
Odie

Post by Odie »

gmc;1359911 wrote: That's why we don't want the little swines getting their hands on real guns and the gun rights lobby in the UK are viewed as right wing lunatics that should be locked up for their own good. In the states they would probably machine gun them for entertainmant - especially if they had canals with swans in them going through the middle of their cities like we do.

The point spot (I think) is trying to make is we have a game shooting lobby in the UK whose idea of entertainment is blasting away at flocks of geese and ducks and grouse. The mentality is exactly the same as that of the yob firing airguns at swans. They're killing for the fun of it and pretend it's sport.

The swines here in Canada prefer guns and knives while they hunt down others for no reason whatsoever, and sometimes the swines just like having fun and then there's the gangs of Toronto who think they're irreplaceable, but as time goes on, most are caught and delivered to where they should be.

I know they're killing the geese and swans for the fun of it over there, their mentality is that of a pee.
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1359952 wrote: I know they're killing the geese and swans for the fun of it over there, their mentality is that of a pee.Around one in four swans in the UK have shotgun pellets in their bodies (as opposed to their digestive systems) indicating they've been hit from a shotgun but survived. Teen prats with airguns didn't do that. Hunters did that. Hunters use shotguns, teen prats most definitely don't.

I expect you have hunters in Canada too. I expect they're killing your geese and swans for the fun of it just as much as the British hunters do. They're doing it to far more birds then the teenage prats. Why is your anger so misdirected, Odie?

Return to “Conservation The Environment”