One and a Half Men meets Ashton Kutcher

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
koan

Post by koan »

The show must go on, right?

Well, not really. But that's what they've decided to do.

Ashton Kutcher will be written in to Two And A Half Men. I hated the original show but I'm determined to watch the new one. I hope Kutcher actually improves the show. I'm throwing my vote in by watching him and giving the whole show Two And A Half more chances.

Boo to Charlie Sheen

Don't know about Chuck Lorre as a person but if Charlie is surprised that a Hollywood producer is hardline self interested then he hasn't paid much attention to his industry over all these years. That's how they make money, Charlie.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I actually have been a fan of 2 & half men since it started this will be interesting and I will give Kutcher a chance he does have good timing for comedy.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Isn't Ashton Kutcher closer to the kid's age than the dad's? So by my math that would make it Two Men. :D
cars

Post by cars »

Accountable;1359636 wrote: Isn't Ashton Kutcher closer to the kid's age than the dad's? So by my math that would make it Two Men. :D

Actually the show is now really "3" men. As the kid is no longer a kid, he's a young man. And what was funny when the kid was innocent & naive, can not be treated the same way now. "They" are pushing the old premise (now beating a dead horse) that was funny back then, but now it's really a new situation, Kutcher or not. I will most likely watch the first eposode, mainly out of curositity, as I'm sure many will. (I'm nosey like that:wah:)
Cars :)
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Accountable;1359636 wrote: Isn't Ashton Kutcher closer to the kid's age than the dad's? So by my math that would make it Two Men. :D

Dunno............let's ask Demi.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

he is way to young to play Charlie Sheen, to bad Hugh Grant decided not to take the part, he would have been great!

Kutcher is 33 by the way, but looks 12.

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
cars

Post by cars »

Odie;1359664 wrote: he is way to young to play Charlie Sheen, to bad Hugh Grant decided not to take the part, he would have been great!

Kutcher is 33 by the way, but looks 12.

Yes he does look 12, and acts like he is too! :wah:
Cars :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

cars;1359665 wrote: Yes he does look 12, and acts like he is too! :wah:

:yh_rotfl

hard to believe he got the part!:rolleyes:
koan

Post by koan »

He's not going to play Charlie Sheen. He'll be a new character.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Exactly he won't be "Uncle Charlie" most likely some cousin or who knows. He will be the lead character Kutcher is 33 Sheen is 45.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Jon Cryer is acting excited.

Jon Cryer Sounds Psyched to Work With "Extraordinarily Talented" Ashton Kutcher - E! Online
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I think they kill Charlie with a combination of liver disease and a STD. His will states that all his assets go to his youngest brother. Come to find out, Mom had another kid and didn't tell the other two, (She went on a 6 month cruise). So Ashton get it all and Alan has to live with him now. Alans new brother tends to make a lot of money taking photos of stupid things.
Odie

Post by Odie »

This article explains that he does play Charlie Sheen

Tuesday, May 17 2011

Ashton is no Charlie

Associated Press --

That simple fact makes the news that he'll be taking Charlie Sheen's place on "Two and a Half Men" highly intriguing. It also helps capture the degree to which Kutcher strikes a contrast image-wise to Sheen. And how, presumably, he will put a new spin on the hit CBS sitcom Sheen was fired from.

Bottom line: Whatever gnarly means, Kutcher isn't it -- whereas, in Sheen's lexicon, it stands for much of what he famously celebrates and claims to be.

TV Two and Half Men-Kutcher Two and Half Men Ashton vs Charlie

- A tweet Wednesday came amid reports that he's nearing a deal to replace the fired Charlie Sheen on TV's top-rated comedy.

On Friday, CBS and Warner Bros. Television announced that Kutcher will join TV's top-rated comedy next season.

This switcheroo will be nothing if not profound.

For starters, Kutcher is a baby-faced 33 years old, while Sheen is a sharp-featured, party-hardened 45.

The character that Sheen played for eight seasons on "Men" -- a fast-living, womanizing cad -- drew comic inspiration from Sheen's own life of sex sprees, serial marriages and substance abuse.

On the other hand, Kutcher has a bit tidier public image: He has been rather quietly married for almost six years to Demi Moore (who, in contrast to Sheen's choice of partners, is older -- by 15 years -- rather than lots younger than her mate).
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Odie;1359708 wrote: This article explains that he does play Charlie Sheen

Tuesday, May 17 2011

Ashton is no Charlie

Associated Press --

That simple fact makes the news that he'll be taking Charlie Sheen's place on "Two and a Half Men" highly intriguing. It also helps capture the degree to which Kutcher strikes a contrast image-wise to Sheen. And how, presumably, he will put a new spin on the hit CBS sitcom Sheen was fired from.

Bottom line: Whatever gnarly means, Kutcher isn't it -- whereas, in Sheen's lexicon, it stands for much of what he famously celebrates and claims to be.

TV Two and Half Men-Kutcher Two and Half Men Ashton vs Charlie

- A tweet Wednesday came amid reports that he's nearing a deal to replace the fired Charlie Sheen on TV's top-rated comedy.

On Friday, CBS and Warner Bros. Television announced that Kutcher will join TV's top-rated comedy next season.

This switcheroo will be nothing if not profound.

For starters, Kutcher is a baby-faced 33 years old, while Sheen is a sharp-featured, party-hardened 45.

The character that Sheen played for eight seasons on "Men" -- a fast-living, womanizing cad -- drew comic inspiration from Sheen's own life of sex sprees, serial marriages and substance abuse.

On the other hand, Kutcher has a bit tidier public image: He has been rather quietly married for almost six years to Demi Moore (who, in contrast to Sheen's choice of partners, is older -- by 15 years -- rather than lots younger than her mate).

Nope:

Smart move by Ashton Kutcher.

Having signed a deal to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men, the actor's first move was to state up front that the warlock is irreplaceable.

In a press release, Ashton said of 2 1/2 Men: "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people."

"I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes."

Sheen has yet to comment on his replacement.

Chuck Lorre, Men creator and Sheen's archenemy, says that he's elated to keep his "family" intact and "If I could be any happier, it'd be illegal."

According to reports, Ashton spent time with Lorre and the two got along great, something sorely lacking in his seven-plus seasons with Sheen.

Kutcher will NOT be playing the Charlie Harper character (we'd have paid to see that), but someone new who comes into the Men Malibu house.

The actor will earn between $800,000 and $900,000 an episode, saving CBS big bucks over the $2 million an episode Sheen somehow commanded.

CBS boss Les Moonves has already signed off and the show - with stars Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones - will be coming back for a ninth season.

What do you think? Can it possibly succeed sans Charlie? Or is an audience that liked 2 1/2 Men all along destined to love Kutcher as well?

Read more celebrity gossip at: Confirmed: Ashton Kutcher Replacing Charlie Sheen, Says He Can't Replace Charlie Sheen - The Hollywood Gossip
Odie

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1359713 wrote: Nope:

Smart move by Ashton Kutcher.

Having signed a deal to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men, the actor's first move was to state up front that the warlock is irreplaceable.

In a press release, Ashton said of 2 1/2 Men: "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people."

"I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes."

Sheen has yet to comment on his replacement.

Chuck Lorre, Men creator and Sheen's archenemy, says that he's elated to keep his "family" intact and "If I could be any happier, it'd be illegal."

According to reports, Ashton spent time with Lorre and the two got along great, something sorely lacking in his seven-plus seasons with Sheen.

Kutcher will NOT be playing the Charlie Harper character (we'd have paid to see that), but someone new who comes into the Men Malibu house.

The actor will earn between $800,000 and $900,000 an episode, saving CBS big bucks over the $2 million an episode Sheen somehow commanded.

CBS boss Les Moonves has already signed off and the show - with stars Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones - will be coming back for a ninth season.

What do you think? Can it possibly succeed sans Charlie? Or is an audience that liked 2 1/2 Men all along destined to love Kutcher as well?

Read more celebrity gossip at: Confirmed: Ashton Kutcher Replacing Charlie Sheen, Says He Can't Replace Charlie Sheen - The Hollywood Gossip

whew, thank god!
Odie

Post by Odie »

first pic of them all together, Jake seems all grown up now. Great looking kid he is!

Attached files

Return to “General Chit Chat”