The coffee drinkers

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
Loyal

The coffee drinkers

Post by Loyal »

:guitarist well, I tried to put the smilie guitarist on my note, it didn't quite make it.(yes it did) on with the coffee drinkers. My most favorite time with the girls was after putting our children on the school bus, then we would proceed to one or the others kitchen for morning coffee. We discussed and resolved (or we thought we had) everything. That was a great time in my life. Sad to say, that time is lost forever. I have moved on to other brands of coffee and other issues.
Lon

The coffee drinkers

Post by Lon »

What brands? What issues?
Loyal

The coffee drinkers

Post by Loyal »

Lon;1357353 wrote: What brands? What issues?
There are many brands of coffee. Some are strong some are weak. There are different textures, different packaging, ect. So it is with life. There are different roads to take. The issues depends on which road one takes. Man is frail, his days are few, and full of trouble. He blossoms for a moment like a flower--and withers; as the shadow of a passing cloud, he quickly disappears.
Lon

The coffee drinkers

Post by Lon »

Loyal;1357375 wrote: There are many brands of coffee. Some are strong some are weak. There are different textures, different packaging, ect. So it is with life. There are different roads to take. The issues depends on which road one takes. Man is frail, his days are few, and full of trouble. He blossoms for a moment like a flower--and withers; as the shadow of a passing cloud, he quickly disappears.

That's very poetic and philosophical, but what do ya wanna talk about?:thinking:
CARLA

The coffee drinkers

Post by CARLA »

I wish I had the luxury of going to a neighbors kitchen to discuss issue with friend. Nope I had to go to work as soon as they were at school and earn a living being a single mom in the 60's and 70's wasn't easy.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Loyal

The coffee drinkers

Post by Loyal »

CARLA Your life probably didn't come anywhere close to my life. I too had to take the reins, and that was after having lived a life of twenty years and two children under the auspics of a mind controlling, abusive male gender. I say that because he was neither a MAN or HUSBAND. Now if you want to talk hard times, I can tell you a few things.------That is the reason for poetic and philosophical thinking. I am trying to carry forward not backward. It appears that is the same thing you are doing with your Hawaian dancing girl
Loyal

The coffee drinkers

Post by Loyal »

Lon I just responded to Carla with the same thought I'm giving to you . The poetic and philosophical part is up building not tearing down. I am not the party girl. I do not live it up. That is not my way. I want to make things better, not worse. I've had hard enough life and in this stream of time I want to live my life according to principals. The water falls in the picture is beautiful. I would love to be right there, enjoying life to its fullest. I never have and probably never will. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I came into this world on the other side of the tracks. I never had a chance and in my senior years I am doing what I can to make them fulfilling.
Lon

The coffee drinkers

Post by Lon »

Loyal;1357436 wrote: Lon I just responded to Carla with the same thought I'm giving to you . The poetic and philosophical part is up building not tearing down. I am not the party girl. I do not live it up. That is not my way. I want to make things better, not worse. I've had hard enough life and in this stream of time I want to live my life according to principals. The water falls in the picture is beautiful. I would love to be right there, enjoying life to its fullest. I never have and probably never will. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I came into this world on the other side of the tracks. I never had a chance and in my senior years I am doing what I can to make them fulfilling.

Well Loyal----there are many of us that were born and raised on the wrong side of the tracks and a Wooden Spoon in the mouth rather than silver. And there are many of us that have had less than a cushy and easy life, but manage to not come across as feeling sorry for ourselves. We have no control over the past, but we surely do for the future. Our future is dependent on the choices we make.
Loyal

The coffee drinkers

Post by Loyal »

I certainly don't need your sarcasam. As far as feeling sorry goes, yes I feel sorry, not for myself but for those around me that has suffered because I suffered. I am sorry for the condition the world is in. I am sorry because my neighbor is sufferig one malady or another. Anybody living in this world and can say they are not sorry for something, had better take a look around and see just what is happening and I am sorry you mistook my words as -----"wanting pity" I am happy with the person I am, and my lot in life has helped me to be the person that I am. If I can overcome the past, I certainly can live for the present.
Lon

The coffee drinkers

Post by Lon »

Loyal;1357441 wrote: I certainly don't need your sarcasam. As far as feeling sorry goes, yes I feel sorry, not for myself but for those around me that has suffered because I suffered. I am sorry for the condition the world is in. I am sorry because my neighbor is sufferig one malady or another. Anybody living in this world and can say they are not sorry for something, had better take a look around and see just what is happening and I am sorry you mistook my words as -----"wanting pity" I am happy with the person I am, and my lot in life has helped me to be the person that I am. If I can overcome the past, I certainly can live for the present.

"Life has not been good to me." This was your opener on another post
Loyal

The coffee drinkers

Post by Loyal »

Boy! are you picky. Life has not been good to me, which means if I can go through what I already have. it has paved the way for anything I go through today. It makes me a happy person, because I don't have to worry. I made it once and I'll make it again.====Why don't you tell me something about yourself and let me pick you to pieces.
Lon

The coffee drinkers

Post by Lon »

Loyal;1357487 wrote: Boy! are you picky. Life has not been good to me, which means if I can go through what I already have. it has paved the way for anything I go through today. It makes me a happy person, because I don't have to worry. I made it once and I'll make it again.====Why don't you tell me something about yourself and let me pick you to pieces.

Whadda ya want? Sympathy? Understanding? Mutual dis satisfaction with life? With an opening statement like "Life has not been good to me" it sounds like a sympathy seeking statement.

Pick away at me----I have many threads that you can chew on and critique, hell, I even use my real name.
Loyal

The coffee drinkers

Post by Loyal »

I've decided not to say anything further. My best to you.
Lon

The coffee drinkers

Post by Lon »

loyal;1357496 wrote: i've decided not to say anything further. My best to you.

chicken!!
bobmielke

The coffee drinkers

Post by bobmielke »

I don't know why pressing "Post Reply" doesn't work for me but i'm able to use "Quick Reply". I wasn't a big coffee drinker until moving to Portland, OR 5 years ago. Here it's almost a religion. I've tried Starbucks but prefer Java Mama & Longbottom Coffee. The last two are local coffee companies, two of hundreds. I also like my $.75 senior coffee at McDonald's. I try to hold myself to one or two cups a day otherwise I might find myself kicking a Republican in the arse. :)
Odie

The coffee drinkers

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1360953 wrote: I don't know why pressing "Post Reply" doesn't work for me but i'm able to use "Quick Reply". I wasn't a big coffee drinker until moving to Portland, OR 5 years ago. Here it's almost a religion. I've tried Starbucks but prefer Java Mama & Longbottom Coffee. The last two are local coffee companies, two of hundreds. I also like my $.75 senior coffee at McDonald's. I try to hold myself to one or two cups a day otherwise I might find myself kicking a Republican in the arse. :)

hopefully a mod can help you with that, if not, ask on our questions and answer forum.

McDonald's is good coffee, I must try my senior discount.

'click' home.....then 'click' problems, solutions and feedback'.......
Life is just to short for drama.
bobmielke

The coffee drinkers

Post by bobmielke »

I'm sitting at McDonald's as I type this on my second cup. Seniors get free refills as well. :)
Odie

The coffee drinkers

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1360961 wrote: I'm sitting at McDonald's as I type this on my second cup. Seniors get free refills as well. :)

I had nooooooo idea, thanks!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
Loyal

The coffee drinkers

Post by Loyal »

you're having a problem posting, we'll see what happens when I post. I've never had a problem before. So nice to hear from some one that is as pleasant as you seem to be. Maybe some morning we can have our coffee together. Now wouldn't that be nice. However, I'm not sure about the time difference. In Florida we pay $.50 for senior coffee at McDonalds and in Georgia we pay $.25.`I'm not a big coffee drinker but I do enjoy a cup in the morning.
bobmielke

The coffee drinkers

Post by bobmielke »

I lived in Aiken, SC 13 years before moving to Oregon 5 years ago. In SC the McDonald's senior coffee was $.25. Here it's $.75. Food is much more expensive here as are housing costs, rent, taxes and fuel. Paradise cost more! :)
griffithlarry22

The coffee drinkers

Post by griffithlarry22 »

Coffee effect of consumption on our blood pressure which was estimated with the use of a random-effects model.Its multiple linear regression analysis which identified an independent,positive relationship between cups of coffee consumed which change in systolic blood pressure, independent of age of study participants and study design characteristics.
AnneBoleyn

The coffee drinkers

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You talk funny
Wilken

The coffee drinkers

Post by Wilken »

I don't know what really happens, but I feel sorry.

Hope you will conquer it.

Good luck.
bungabuket

The coffee drinkers

Post by bungabuket »

I'm coffee holic
[signature removed]

Return to “The Coffee Shop”