Discussion group for those recovering from substance abuse. This is the place to talk about your struggles and success in regards to addiction.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Many of you here at FG make me crave a bottle.....but I persevere.

8 years sober March 10, 2011.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Way to go, buddy!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hey you !!!!

Brian:-4,

You are and always have been a wonderful FG friend. You rock, and I'm so proud of you.

Good for you Brian. I'm so happy for you !!

One day at a time...OR, in your case...one year at a time...way to go Brian:-6
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Truth is its become kind of a non event. Ive moved on to other compulsory addictions like OCD and ADD. They fill the booze void.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

BRAVO Nomie !!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Nomad;1355403 wrote: Truth is its become kind of a non event. Ive moved on to other compulsory addictions like OCD and ADD. They fill the booze void.
Wouldn't the ADD distract you from the OCD? :yh_wink
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

Nomad;1355397 wrote: Many of you here at FG make me crave a bottle.....but I persevere.

8 years sober March 10, 2011.

Keep up the good work. :)

I am going on my 7th if you count from when I was legally allowed, around my 13th if you take the average drinking age of male adults in america, but almost my 28th averall.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Any personal accomplishment by a friend is never a "non-event". :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Way to go Nomad! VERY proud of you!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Hooray Nomad, be proud of yourself today!
Odie

Post by Odie »

yeahhhhhhhhhhh Nomad!

Great going my friend!:guitarist

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
cars

Post by cars »

Well done Nomie, keep it up, be proud of yourself as you deserve to be!
Cars :)
koan

Post by koan »

Well done!

Of course, some rather obscure British comics are known to say that after sex but I mean it in a pure sense with non sexual overtones despite a deep sense of gratification in being here for the event.
nikukrh

Post by nikukrh »

Nikolaev - city of my childhood. Have not been there for a long time, but remember the Yacht Club, Sovetskaya street. But truly say there is nothing to see , just cinemas and restaurants.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bravo Brian!

that is huge, I mean really huge

congrats and keep on trucking:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
DarrylC1

Post by DarrylC1 »

That's really awesome!
Matt50

Post by Matt50 »

Hi today is my one year anniversary of being sober. I'm going to celebrate it with my family and friends! Looking a year back, my life is a complete mess. My mom cried every night for having a hard-headed son (I have very low grades at school). Drug is my best friend, I get high, I get happy, I forget my problems. My family convinced me to stop when I hit the bottom and a relative encourage me to seek some useful drug rehabilitation programs that can help me start a new life. Nothing can compares what happiness I feel today, my mom's smiling at me, I just got an A+ on my quizzes, I have a cute, sweet girlfriend. I couldn't ask for more. I advice everyone to give yourself a reason to celebrate your sobriety.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well done to you Matt, and may you continue with this new life you have fought for. I'm so glad that you had friends and family to help you out along the way, and to keep you focused.

It's a long hard road, but you have sorted the worst part and now you should find the going a little easier. If you ever waver in the future, just look in the mirror, yes that's you and you are well on the way. Then look at your girlfriend and imagine what you would loose and how desperate you would feel if you threw it all away. Then look at your Mom''s smiley face - you can remember the tears, and the heartache that was her lot over a year ago. Be thankful that you have the strength and be thankful that you have the friends and relatives and all their help and support. Just enjoy the new found you and live life as it should be lived. Make them continue to be proud of you. Power to you Matt !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Matt50

Post by Matt50 »

Yes, I'm very thankful and thank you for your support!
DarrylC1

Post by DarrylC1 »

Matt50;1474266 wrote: Hi today is my one year anniversary of being sober. I'm going to celebrate it with my family and friends! Looking a year back, my life is a complete mess. My mom cried every night for having a hard-headed son (I have very low grades at school). Drug is my best friend, I get high, I get happy, I forget my problems. My family convinced me to stop when I hit the bottom and a relative encourage me to seek some useful drug rehabilitation programs that can help me start a new life. Nothing can compares what happiness I feel today, my mom's smiling at me, I just got an A+ on my quizzes, I have a cute, sweet girlfriend. I couldn't ask for more. I advice everyone to give yourself a reason to celebrate your sobriety.

Congratulation Matt! I'm sure your very proud of yourself. I can somehow relate with you and I'm still on the process of recovery. My group counseling at Treatment Recovery Care Center is making me stronger and livelier.

Meeting someone overcome the same problem I have and now celebrating his sober anniversary motivates me more. Keep it up!

Return to “Recovery Forum”